he needs these conflicts if he's going to take a second term. he has to justify all of the money he's pouring into defense, as well.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I smell a set up. I want to know if the drills with over 100 F-15s and B-52 was already planned or was this just something they did all of a sudden. What if the military did it deliberately knowing that it would anger Kim Jong-un and that way the talks would be off. I wouldn't trust Trump as a negotiator if I were the Joint Chiefs of Staff. He's liable to say anything.
    I’m no military expert, but, I’d say those drills had, in all likelihood, already been planned. Something like that can’t be put together on the spur of the moment, the logistics of such an operation takes weeks, perhaps months worth of planning to put together. However, that doesn’t mean it couldn’t have been postponed, especially with the upcoming U.S.-North Korea summit next month.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I might just be talking shit, but I have a guess Kim's endgame at this point. He's using the idea that America is an unreliable ally as part of his pitch for peace, Trump's reputation as a provocateur proceeds him but really anything America does at this point could be cited as provocation as long as it's us that he can blame the peace negotiations breaking down on. He's looking at peace to legitimize his regime, fill his pockets, and push the US out of the peninsula. I don't trust his change of heart for a second, he's just making a move in the game...a game that he's probably going to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    At this point nobody cares and it it doesn't matter.

But it was probably the nations that figured it was okay to plonk down a western-supported country in the middle of the Middle-East, in a location that was already another nation.
    In the earliest years of Israel's formation, the country's source of weapons and revenue was Russia. Not very "western supported."

You may be thinking of Great Britain as the culprit. GB may have helped facilitate some Jewish migration into Palestine for their own reasons, mainly keeping control of the region, but I've never seen convincing evidence that the movers and shakes in GB wanted an Israeli state. That's why Menachim Begin organized terrorist actions, like the bombing of the King David Hotel, to pressure the Brits into leaving. Meanwhile, at the same time, you had the so-called "Grand Mufti," that little old Hitler-lover, promoting religious hatred to stir the Muslims up against the Jews.

If anyone's responsible for the Jews being in Palestine, it would be the Ottoman overlords who sold them the land, and made their future hegemony possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    I honestly hope she's okay. I mean I don't like her husband, but I don't wish ill will on anyone.

What a...there are words for this, but I'm trying to be polite. Also I wouldn't be surprised if while he's away golfing he's having an affair with someone down in Florida.

And it couldn't have happened to a nicer person. Hope there's a level down there where he's being treated to all sorts of incredible pains and punishments.

Again this city should not be made a capital. Any other city could work. Just not this one! Make it a religious center.

No surprise there. He's always been like this, my issue is that I'm more scared of Kim being the first to decide, hey let's see who's more into playing chicken.

Okay so your first situations were in the later part of the 1800s when you had Jewish people migrating to what is now Israel, this increased to the point by the time WWII hit 33% of the country was Jewish. During this time you had the Arab Revolt in 1936 to 1939 which was a mostly anti british and anti Zionist attack because of econamic issues. Let's put it this way, if it was being reported on today, there would be a lot of people decrying everyone involved in this as there was a lot of innocent people, Arab, British and Jewish killed in this revolt, and people still don't talk about it.

Following this you had the King David Hotel terrorist attack by the right wing Zionists, and then the Arab strike which lead to a number of attacks on Jewish people, who eventually did fight back, and by 1948 it was Egypt, Syria, Jordan and Iraq that started things, followed by Yemen, Morocco, Saudi Arabia and Sudan coming in. Jewish people said they were trying to drive them into the sea (which some leaders actually wanted to do) the Arab League said they wanted to restore Law and order and stop the blood shed. It's a we say, they say situation.

Not enough is talked about the British colonizing the Palestinians, not enough is talked about how a lot of the issues between both groups actually stem from Britain and their choices there pre WW2.
    No complete disagreement with the basics of your post, though as I said earlier I think the factors of Russian influence and the Grand Mufti's genocidal tendencies played a greater role than anything GB did.

Trump administration preparing to hold migrant children on military bases

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.7015e74bb43a

The Trump administration is making preparations to warehouse migrant children on military bases, according to Defense Department communications, the latest sign the government is moving forward with plans to split up families who cross the border illegally.

According to an email notification sent to Pentagon staffers, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) will make site visits at four military installations in Texas and Arkansas during the next two weeks to evaluate their suitability for child shelters.

The bases would be used to hold minors under age 18 who arrive at the border without an adult relative or after the government has separated them from their parents. HHS is the government agency responsible for providing minors with foster care until another adult relative can assume custody.

But it all boils down to powers outside of their country bargained away land that really didn't belong to them. The British didn't want this done and up until then the area was under their colonial control. They wanted the Arab states to have a seat at the table.
    Who are these "powers?"

If you mean the Ottoman lords who sold land to Jewish immigrants, we're agreed-- but I have a feeling that's unlikely.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Ladies and gentlemen, two "What the f**k is wrong with you?" moments today from American politics.

Mitch McConnell recommended Tony Perkins, leader of hate group Family Research Council, for a spot on the International Religious Commission, a federal board overseeing religious freedom violations around the globe. What the f**k man?!

Meanwhile, in Oklahoma, gubernatorial candidate may have come up with a solution for people to sick to work and need food stamps. Kill them.

In a Facebook post made by a page purporting to be for OK governor candidate Christopher Barnett, the administrator initially posted a poll about food stamp requirements — and then made comments claiming euthanasia is a solution to the “issue” of the poor and disabled.

In a post made by Tulsa resident Lisa Schwart, screenshots of the thread from the Chrisforgov campaign page that shares a name with Barnett’s campaign website revealed the comments.

“Most receiving food stamps work, or are disabled,” a user commented on the poll post. “Some are elderly.”

“The ones who are disabled and can’t work…why are we required to keep them?” the Chrisforgov account responded. “Sorry but euthanasia is cheaper and doesn’t make everyone a slave to the Government [sic].”

Defending his now-deleted comments, the account admin mused as to why American taxpayers should “have to keep up people who cannot contribute to society any longer?”

“Obviously, I’m not saying the Government [sic] should put these people down,” the Chrisforgov account wrote, contradicting its earlier statement. “I’m just saying that we shouldn’t keep them up.”

“If they can take care of themselves without Government assistance, great,” the comment continued. “If not, let them starve and die. Easy as that.”

Though the comments have since been deleted, the account admin wrote that they “stand by” the remarks in the poll thread, and later that day wrote that the interaction had been “fun.”
    If this isn't him or his team, he needs to jump on this right away, because holy s**t man.

BANNED

4 Democrats Flip for Haspel while 2 Republicans flip against her.

Of course Haspel, Manchin, Heidkamp, and Warner (The most disappointing one of all.) But keeping them is a good thing because the D is better than the R?

So tell me WHY keeping Democrats like them in power is a good thing? Not something to get excited about now is it?

AT least Bernie doesn't support torture and destroying evidence.

I've just been talking about this mindset of political-focused religious types who will vote for anyone that has an R regardless of the poor or whoever will be hurt by their policies and in defiance of how much of an unrepentant asshole they are just to keep them damn liberals from getting their way (as evidenced by the other half of your post). But as that wasn't the thread for major political talks I figured it was enough.

Actual Death Panels for who we throw off assistance to die are fine, but when they are invented whole-cloth to bring down Obamacare they are unacceptable.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    4 Democrats Flip for Haspel while 2 Republicans flip against her.

Of course Haspel, Manchin, Heidkamp, and Warner (The most disappointing one of all.) But keeping them is a good thing because the D is better than the R?

So tell me WHY keeping Democrats like them in power is a good thing? Not something to get excited about now is it?

AT least Bernie doesn't support torture and destroying evidence.
    To be fair, most of the time having a D is a thousand times better having an R. I mean, have you SEEN the latest candidates trying to get at people's spots?

Speaking of which, here's one from Georgia! WBE, get on this guy soon.

GOP Candidate Connects Boy Scouts Name Change With Caving To Nazism

A Republican vying for the Georgia governor’s seat thinks the rationale behind the Boy Scouts of America (BSA) decision to drop “boy” from one of its program’s names would have led to America’s defeat by Nazi Germany in World War II.

Georgia state Sen. Michael Williams, a candidate in this month’s gubernatorial primary, made the unusual connection in an angry statement on Thursday, a day after the 108-year-old organization announced that its youth “Boy Scouts” program would be renamed “Scouts BSA” to reflect its new gender-inclusive policies.

Williams blasted the organization for caving to “left-wing social engineers who want to remove the concept of male masculinity from society,” suggesting that if people had been supportive of such a name change during World War II, the United States would have been taken over by Nazis.

“Liberals tell us that masculinity is ‘toxic’ and that girls can be boys and boys should no longer be boys,” he said. “Imagine the outcome of World War II if the Greatest Generation had been raised by these politically correct bedwetters. You’d be reading this in German.”

The BSA did not have an immediate reaction to the comments from Williams, a staunch supporter of President Donald Trump who touts being Georgia’s first elected official to endorse the president’s campaign in 2015.

The BSA’s name change is the organization’s latest effort to embrace inclusivity. In 2014, it lifted a ban on gay youth within the organization. A year later, it lifted a long-time ban on gay adults serving as employees or volunteers.

Following the October announcement that girls would be allowed to join the organization, more than 3,000 girls have enrolled in the BSA’s Early Adopter Program.

He also added later that he wanted to round up immigrants in a deportation bus.

A Republican Georgia state senator running for governor announced the start of his “Deportation Bus Tour” on Tuesday, which he said will consist of rounding up illegal immigrants in a school bus labeled “Murderers, rapists, kidnappers, child molestors, and other criminals on board.” It misspells molesters.

Michael Williams, who was his state’s co-chair for President Donald Trump’s presidential campaign, said the tour aims to “shine a light on the dangers of sanctuary cities and the overwhelming problem of illegal immigration.” The bus will make stops in Clarkston, Decatur and Athens, the state’s three sanctuary cities. Sanctuary cities generally limit police cooperation with federal immigration authorities.

“We’re not just going to track them and watch them roam around our state, we’re going to put them on this bus and send them home,” Williams said in a video promoting the bus trip.

It’s unclear how the politician plans to lawfully apprehend immigrants, let alone deport them. Williams did not respond to a request for comment.

Williams touted his role in some of the country’s toughest immigration laws, including one that requires local law enforcement to notify Immigration and Customs Enforcement if they have an undocumented immigrant in custody.

Williams’ attack on sanctuary cities echoes the Trump administration’s shots at them as part of its immigration crackdown. The Department of Justice sued the state of California in March for policies meant to help local law enforcement work with immigrant communities.

BANNED

I saw that idiot

lately ive been telling these idiots that Im one of the brown people they CANT deport

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Regarding the thing in Palastine and Israel, I have to wonder one thing. If the Palastinians were Christian, rather than Muslim, and they were being attacked in this way, would most of the people supporting the Israel government be upset and insisting on war crimes, or would they still be all for this violent attack on protesters that, rightfully, don't want the US Embassy on ground that should remain unoccupied by politics.

Also on this, I think that this is partly the Israeli PM trying to cover his backside from several scandals that are dogging him right now. Same as in Japan, same as in the States. Seems that's the new go to now. When dealing with issues that could get you in trouble, start a military campaign.

I smell a set up. I want to know if the drills with over 100 F-15s and B-52 was already planned or was this just something they did all of a sudden. What if the military did it deliberately knowing that it would anger Kim Jong-un and that way the talks would be off. I wouldn't trust Trump as a negotiator if I were the Joint Chiefs of Staff. He's liable to say anything.
    Agreeing with WPP here. This was probably already in the books for a run. Just that Kim used it to his advantage. Also I have a feeling that you're right on some of his actions were probably set into motion by other forces, not just his.

I should note that Pompeo said that the US needed to "provide security assurances" to Kim Jung Un for anything to really work. What the hell those are, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    I might just be talking shit, but I have a guess Kim's endgame at this point. He's using the idea that America is an unreliable ally as part of his pitch for peace, Trump's reputation as a provocateur proceeds him but really anything America does at this point could be cited as provocation as long as it's us that he can blame the peace negotiations breaking down on. He's looking at peace to legitimize his regime, fill his pockets, and push the US out of the peninsula. I don't trust his change of heart for a second, he's just making a move in the game...a game that he's probably going to win.
    Yeah this is part of his whole deal. He went to china not that long ago, so I have to wonder if part of this is a back seat deal with China as well. The problem is that we don't have a master chess player at the helm, we have a bunch of bros trying to see if they can win at the knife game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Trump administration preparing to hold migrant children on military bases

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.7015e74bb43a
    Why do I feel like they're getting ready to re set up interment camps?

Holy....what in the ever living...Why would you say that? I mean...why?

BANNED

[QUOTE]Why do I feel like they're getting ready to re set up interment camps? [QUOTE]

I thought that was something Obama was supposed to do?

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    To be fair, most of the time having a D is a thousand times better having an R. I mean, have you SEEN the latest candidates trying to get at people's spots?

Speaking of which, here's one from Georgia! WBE, get on this guy soon.

GOP Candidate Connects Boy Scouts Name Change With Caving To Nazism

He also added later that he wanted to round up immigrants in a deportation bus.
    He does realize that most other countries just call it the Scouts too right? Like there's nothing wrong with calling it the Scouts.

Hey, anyone got some ideas on how to blow out tires on a bus? Seriously, what the hell is wrong with these people.

Also, does that mean after that's done we can round up people that are not native american and label them as such, because, you know...those types of people came here as well.