Tillerson warns of ethical crisis among U.S. leaders in speech

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...-ethics-591876

Former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson on Wednesday appeared to offer an implicit rebuke of his old boss, as he warned of a "growing crisis in ethics and integrity" during a commencement address at the Virginia Military Institute.

“As I reflect upon the state of our American democracy, I observe a growing crisis in ethics and integrity,” Tillerson told the graduates. “If we do not as Americans confront the crisis of ethics and integrity in our society and among our leaders in both public and private sector — and regrettably, at times, even the non-profit sector — then American democracy, as we know it, is entering its twilight years.”

The ex-diplomat — who did not mention President Donald Trump by name — also delivered a pointed commentary on the importance of truth in political discourse, and insisted that “a common set of facts” was essential to maintaining a free society.

I applaud the employee for being extremely patient with that entitled dick. I would have had him thrown out of the restaurant for creating a disturbance.

He should have just responded to him in Spanish.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post

Hamas spokesman Salah al-Bardawil on Palestinian TV. Yeah, Israel was REAL indiscriminate in their fire.
    a Hamas spokesman has incentive to embellish the number of martyrs. an Israeli spokesperson has incentive to downplay the loss of innocent life.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Holy f**king s**t, a kid nearly got lynched today and this is just the first time I'm hearing about it.

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- A teenage boy was kidnapped from a bus stop Monday afternoon, and was found running away from suspects with torn clothes and no shoes, according to Houston police.

Michelle Lee, the victim's mother, called police when her 13-year-old son Zavion Parker never returned home from school.

As officers were gathering information, Parker was found safe, but had gone through a very traumatic experience.

The 6th grade victim told authorities that shortly after he got off the school bus, five teenage boys approached him on Greenwich and Rhobell Street, and forced him into a 4-door vehicle decorated with flames on the side.

Parker told authorities that the teenage boys, accompanied by one adult male driver, took him to a vacant house or cabin and assaulted him.

The suspects reportedly took his jacket, shoes, phone and keys.

Lee says she received threatening messages from her sons' phone saying they were going to "kill him."

Parker told Eyewitness News when the group went into another room to load an alleged gun, he ran as fast as he could.

A witness, Camecia Carmouche, was driving down Wayside near the Northeast YMCA when she spotted the teen running with a torn shirt and no shoes.

Carmouche immediately called police.

HPD says the suspected driver is described as a white man, heavy built, with straight orange hair and a racial tattoo on his arm.

According to Parker, the statement on the suspect's arm says, "I hate black people."

Lee says because of the tattoo she believes her son was targeted because of his race.

Parker was checked out after the incident, and is doing better.

Lee wants the suspects caught, and to warn parents to keep a close watch of their children.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Talk about a total shitstain of a fuckwad of an assclown. A dickweed like him gives ambulance chasers a bad name.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

What's the term again? Oh yeah: F**k your feelings.

Oh, but that ain't everything in this White House conference.

Hey WBE, you are writing this all down for later, right? I know its hard, but you can do it!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    What's the term again? Oh yeah: F**k your feelings.

Oh, but that ain't everything in this White House conference.

Hey WBE, you are writing this all down for later, right? I know its hard, but you can do it!
    Dolt45 is becoming more and more unhinged with each passing day. The man’s racism and xenophobia is a dangerous problem.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Hamas spokesman Salah al-Bardawil on Palestinian TV. Yeah, Israel was REAL indiscriminate in their fire.
    You probably shouldn't take HAMAS at their word, they haven't earned that benefit of the doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    You probably shouldn't take HAMAS at their word, they haven't earned that benefit of the doubt.
    Of course not, but that’s also where the original numbers come from. And 12 were identified in martyr pics. If Israel really wanted to plow people down, they could. But they go through painstaking efforts to only wipe out those who are the biggest threat and can’t be taken out any other way. For Pete’s sake, Israel literally treats Arab terrorists in their hospitals if they are wounded. Even after they wound or kill people. That’s one instance where I’ll be critical of Israel.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Of course not, but that’s also where the original numbers come from. And 12 were identified in martyr pics. If Israel really wanted to plow people down, they could. But they go through painstaking efforts to only wipe out those who are the biggest threat and can’t be taken out any other way. For Pete’s sake, Israel literally treats Arab terrorists in their hospitals if they are wounded. Even after they wound or kill people. That’s one instance where I’ll be critical of Israel.
    They also execute them in the street. If you don't think events like that aren't more common than you understand, especially when the sentence for it is just eighteen months, you have another thing coming.

This sort of warfare is deeply corrosive.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 05-16-2018 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    They also execute them in the street.

Yes. It’s absolutely execution to fire at somebody trying to stab you or someone else. Good grief.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Yes. It’s absolutely execution to fire at somebody trying to stab you or someone else. Good grief.
    You don't even know what you're talking about. He was sentenced for a reason, even if he got off incredibly lightly

And yes, it's an execution when the militant is laying on the ground and you kill him.

Azaria, the Israeli soldier convicted of shooting and killing a Palestinian in the head while the Palestinian was lying on the ground wounded, had his sentence reduced to nine months by an Israeli judge this week.
    Last February, Azaria was sentenced to eighteen months for the 2016 killing, which was captured on camera by a bystander. He began his prison time in August 2017. With the new sentence reduction, he will be released in May.
    The Chief Military Prosecutor for Israel, Sharon Zagagi Pinhas, opposed the granting of parole for Azaria, saying that he has shown no remorse for the murder of a prone, wounded man. During Azaria’s trial, the prosecution had pushed for a sentence of 3 – 5 years for the murder.
    But we know, the Most Moral Army would never, ever have something like this happen. This is the same sort of attitude that let things like the incident on hill 192, upon which Casualties of War was based, to go on with the American military as well. It's an inevitable consequence but one that's often excused or justified by people.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 05-16-2018 at 10:37 PM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The stupid lawyer in the coffee shop who was angry over folks speaking Spanish really was the best. And what made him madder and spitting out stupid Trump type words of "ICE" and "DEPORTATION" was them all laughing at him. This is how you completely disrupt a racist . Laugh and mock him and he'll go ape ****. If I was the worker and he's yelling in my face I basically go..."Sir...LEAVE....NOW. OR I CALL COPS ON YOU CREATING A DISTURBANCE."
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The stupid lawyer in the coffee shop who was angry over folks speaking Spanish really was the best. And what made him madder and spitting out stupid Trump type words of "ICE" and "DEPORTATION" was them all laughing at him. This is how you completely disrupt a racist . Laugh and mock him and he'll go ape ****. If I was the worker and he's yelling in my face I basically go..."Sir...LEAVE....NOW. OR I CALL COPS ON YOU CREATING A DISTURBANCE."
    I was thinking about that clip while I was doing the dishes.

I really wonder if that wasn't about something else entirely, and those were the people he decided to try to take it out on.