Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I just got an alert about that. So much for Trump getting that Nobel Peace Prize. What a shame (said with tongue firmly planted in cheek).
    The JBatmen will argue he deserves it on the ground he TRIED.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    One tweet from a reporter for the NYT, he said his colleague purchased a refundable airline ticket Singapore, because, you know, Trump might change his mind.
    A wise decision. Meanwhile, the hopeless cynic in me suspects Trump was looking for an excuse, ANY excuse to back out of the meeting. Maybe he's had Johnny Warhawk (John Bolton) whispering sweet nothings in his ear that peace with North Korea won't secure him a second term, but a righteous military campaign would, just like with Dubya invading Iraq.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    Of that, I have no doubt. I could see all the Trumpanzees making that very argument.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    A wise decision. Meanwhile, the hopeless cynic in me suspects Trump was looking for an excuse, ANY excuse to back out of the meeting. Maybe he's had Johnny Warhawk (John Bolton) whispering sweet nothings in his ear that peace with North Korea won't secure him a second term, but a righteous military campaign would, just like with Dubya invading Iraq.

Of that, I have no doubt. I could see all the Trumpanzees making that very argument.
    Kurt Eichenwald tweeted that he's hearing from Trumpsters that they don't believe it's been called off. They are waiting for Sean Hannity or Fox & Friends to tell them.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Mighty Member

****. What am I going to do with all the commemorative coins I bought?

It's funny because...this whole thing coulda involved any president.

But Trump's reactions to everything from day one are so very Trumpian.

I mean, he canceled it and issued nuclear threats while doing so.

Cool peace, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Kurt Eichenwald tweeted that he's hearing from Trumpsters that they don't believe it's been called off. They are waiting for Sean Hannity or Fox & Friends to tell them.
    What a sad state of affairs. The "Dealmaker" got himself good and played. Pathetic!

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Trump smartly cancelled. NK needs to reaffirm their commitment to the summit and reaffirm serious interest in the denuclearization.

I suspect this is not the last we will hear of a summit this year.

NK made progress with SK and released 3 Americans, so some progress has been made.

It feels like meetings with China prompted some different posturing by NK.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 05-24-2018 at 08:18 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    Hey, man! You were right! See below! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Trump smartly cancelled. NK needs to reaffirm their commitment to the summit and reaffirm serious interest in the denuclearization.

I suspect this is not the last we will hear of a summit this year.

NK made progress with SK and released 3 Americans, so some progress has been made.

It feels like meetings with China prompted some different posturing by NK.

A summit needs to be premised on a real genuine interest in verifiable not-endlessly-drawn-out denuclearization and NK is not showing that as of late. And so you use your leverage to truly test their level of genuine interest.

Trump said a lot of things that were favorable to them and yet they continued with hostile and threatening posturing. Almost looked like deliberate misunderstanding on their part, perhaps to trying to scuttle or radically reframe the meeting from what they well know that we seek.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 05-24-2018 at 08:41 AM.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Watch out, Trumplethinskin (Borrowing from WPP) thinks if you don't stand for the Anthem you don't belong in the country.

What's next, seriously punishing fans who don't stand for the anthem? What about school kids? A better question: If it turns out this was brought on by Trump would that ACTUALLY make this a First Amendment case?
    I know Conservatives love Dictators when they look like them, and ignore the Constitution.
    You cannot FORCE people to be YOUR definition of Patriotic.

That's REAL Political correctness.

iMan 42s

A summit needs to be premised on a real genuine interest in verifiable not-endlessly-drawn-out denuclearization and NK is not showing that as of late. And so you use your leverage to truly test their level of genuine interest.
    Let's be real. Nobody is actually cancelling any nuclear plans. Nobody does. All the summit is for is to basically pinky promise that if **** gets real they aren't bombing each other. That's all it's for.

And here's the thing, North Korea dismantled it's nuclear testing site. They likely have more locations, and this is just the one that partially collapsed, but they still did it. We have testing sites, we have a reason to have a nuclear armament as much as other countries. Nobody is ever truly going to denuclearize until it's obsolete or there is a better weapon available. All nuclear able countries have this or allies nearby who will do it for them. All both parties have to actually do is legally and politically say that nobody is going to bomb the other and play nice under a mutual threat. But no, I'm sure a dick raising contest is the next best thing.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Let's be real. Nobody is actually cancelling any nuclear plans. Nobody does.
    Wrong.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disarmament_of_Libya

Denuclearization (and other disarmament) is a real thing and some rogue states have done it (in much more than a pinky swear way).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 05-24-2018 at 09:04 AM.

It seems it is Morgan Freeman's turn to take a beating. I wish I could say I am still surprised when I see these stories come out.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/24/enter...ons/index.html
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

Trump smartly .....
    You lost me right there.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Mighty Member

I'm sure Trump was right in a way to cancel the summit. He didn't really have much hand in the peace talks between NK and SK anyway (other than mean tweeting and taking credit). Trump's involvement would likely mess things up further.

The big issue, as always, is the way he handles ****.

But I mean, that's his nature. He's an entitled billionaire elite. He gets mad when **** doesn't go his way.

The NDAA passed!? With Bipartisan support!?

The good ol' US of A is back in the business of making nukes.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium