Mighty Member

Also, Obama should host the Apprentice.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    I think sometimes the press covers things poorly. But the government shouldn't dictate how they report on stuff.

Also, if the NRA wants something, it's bad news.

It's sad how they've run amok on one side of the aisle. They own the **** out of Trump and the republicans. And that's forever.
    I just wish they didn't own enough Dems to kill any sort of progress. Of course that won't change without enough backlash to make kowtowing to the NRA unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    Also, Obama should host the Apprentice.
    That would get under Trump's skin, especially if he did it better. But I can't see Obama firing someone on national TV. Instead, he should have a show called "the Volunteer" where people who do public/community service, charity work or other volunteer activities are rewarded for their accomplishments.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    That would get under Trump's skin, especially if he did it better. But I can't see Obama firing someone on national TV. Instead, he should have a show called "the Volunteer" where people who do public/community service, charity work or other volunteer activities are rewarded for their accomplishments.
    I was thinking his catch phrase could be "You're Hired" and each week the contestants do whatever they did on the apprentice, i never watched it, and the winners get to join Obama's Deep State shadow government.

I'd keep the name and basic premise only each week someone gets Hired by an outside party while the finalist gets to work directly with Obama. It would perfectly encapsulate how anti-worker Trump is and always has been.

E: Zombie Havoc beat me, but the point remains.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Oh god, the NRA is going crazier now.

So they want the government to interfere in the freedom of the press. Also, they want the news to stop reporting on mass shootings. Yeah, that's crazy.
    No, that’s THIS week’s dose of insanity from these loons. Can’t wait to see what they unleash NEXT week.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Instead, he should have a show called "the Volunteer" where people who do public/community service, charity work or other volunteer activities are rewarded for their accomplishments.
    Yeah. And they could create the Puppies And Rainbows channel and show it on there.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

What's amazing is that the NRA won't even put crazy ass Dana out there to promote this ****. They put their Sunken Place Brotha out there to catch all the fire, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    What's amazing is that the NRA won't even put crazy ass Dana out there to promote this ****. They put their Sunken Place Brotha out there to catch all the fire, lol.
    Well obviously, if someone is going to take fire we know who the NRA prefers.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Yeah. And they could create the Puppies And Rainbows channel and show it on there.
    I don't think Pureflix would take kindly to Obama's pro-choice stance.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Maybe Demolition Dana was out polishing her M-16 at the time.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Remember when Obama pardoned Jack Johnson? Me neither. I guess poor Jack didn't aid the enemy via espionage enough to warrant pardon. Nor was Jack an attempted prison escaper and seditious bomber.
    remember the central park five?

Remember when Obama pardoned Jack Johnson? Me neither. I guess poor Jack didn't aid the enemy via espionage enough to warrant pardon. Nor was Jack an attempted prison escaper and seditious bomber.
    Did Obama give anyone posthumous pardons? It seems to be quite rare.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Did Obama give anyone posthumous pardons? It seems to be quite rare.
    Trump Might Pardon Jack Johnson. Why Didn’t Obama?

Gavin Parke, a former senior leadership staffer for Reid, said that his early impression was Obama didn’t want to act on Johnson out of political discomfort. “[R]eading between the lines,” he emailed The Daily Beast, “our conjecture was that they didn’t want to engage in divisive racial issues that were largely symbolic.” But the main reason that Obama held back, Parke added, was out of a rigid dedication to preserving norms. “The Obama White House was stringently opposed to the pardons process becoming politicized in any way. They felt so strongly about that, it may have extended even to posthumous pardons.”
    Such a position seems, as one Obama veteran conceded, “quaint” in the Trump years. But it was a thing. As one senior official, who asked to speak on background not to characterize the president’s thinking, put it: “President Obama relied on the Department of Justice to make recommendations and it is against DOJ’s general policy to accept posthumous pardons.”
    When he was pressed on the matter in 2016, former Attorney General Eric Holder conceded that posthumous pardons are, in fact, given; but that they “are very rarely done.” He then offered a slightly more nuanced explanation as to why Obama never offered Johnson a pardon; mainly, that while Johnson was clearly a victim of racism, he also had some flaws.
    “Jack Johnson,” said the man who’d been the nation’s top legal authority from 2007 to 2015, “no question was convicted unfairly. That might be a historical injustice that might need to be rethought.”

However, he added, “there are on the other side, countervailing concerns about the way [Johnson] treated women, physically treated women. So all of this has to be balanced before this president or his successor would make a determination that a pardon is appropriate.”
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah that’s the thing. While Johnson was unjustly convicted, he also was a kinda crappy person who was reportedly very abusive to his wives. So it’s a fine line. But historically it is significant