Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    Even in the 21st century with advanced medicine, there are a few humans who can live past 80 years and retain their mental facilities.
    While I can see the reason someone would bring this up, it's tough not to see the folks that are thumbing their nose at the very idea.

Look at Ginsburg. There are politicians who are five to ten years younger than her that look like they are ready for the old folks home next to her. Same goes for Sanders.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Translated: Shut up and get in line with the party hacks, or the big bad Republicans will get you.

In terms of policy, the conservative Democrats are not that much different from the mainstream Republicans. Both pursue a hawkish foreign policy, mass incarceration, fealty to Wall Street, and trade deals that hose American workers. The conservative Democrats just say things that are politically correct. That's the difference.

And many people who call themselves "liberal" eagerly eat that poop sandwich, which should be served at McDonald's and be called the McClinton.
    There's a group of folks you'll never reach, even on the Democratic side. They can see two groups that formed in the last two years with a40-50% win rate from the Left, and see it as failure. I don't waste my time with folks who think Conservative democrats are so damned awesome, because the D is better than the R, even when you post news about how those D's vote lock and step with the R's.

Manchin is popular I hear, even though an Unknown took 30% of the vote with less money and no coverage. Feinstein is awesome even though she had to spend MILLIONS to win.
    It's pointless arguing with people who think the left is useless, and should vote D because Trump bad sad.

Let em think what they want and keep losing to R's. the Democratic party should be in MUCH better shape than they are in. We keep giving them the benefit of the doubt, and they keep failing. Yet we need to bow our heads and fall in line with the "Pragmatic Incrementalists".

Fuck that. They can vote for those people. I'll keep voting principle and who I, personally think is the better candidate. The DCCC and DNC no longer get money from me, and I removed my name from their news letters. If the candidate isn't a progressive fuck em. If they are the last people standing I'll hold my nose, even though I'm tired of holding my nose.

If I have to hold my nose to vote for that Demcorat, then that Democrat sucks.

That's what the Centrists in the party count on. Their motto should be, "At least I'm not a Republican!"
    Last edited by Tazirai; 06-09-2018 at 08:33 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    The problem with that new rule is that it only requires the candidate to register as a Democrat. It doesn't require that they ever have to vote with Democrats. So they can put a D next to their names the way Joe Manchin and Heidi Heitkamp do, get the committee chairs for Democrats, but then continue to vote with Republicans on so many issues.
    But those two have a D next to their name, so that's all that matters...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    My main issue with Rey is that she got too strong, too fast, and I call her a "Mary Sue" as a result, contrary to how many feel on that term.

She's nowhere near as bad as the atrocious Erza Scarlett, but it does hurt the movie when you don't worry about the stakes since you already know Rey can do it. Flying ships, Force sensitivity, and lightsaber skills... All within a short period of time for a scrap collector.

Besides, I can't stand TLJ because it crammed too much into it, and none of the Disney movies have entertained me (I'm still an Expanded Universe guy) because it's hard to worry about the Resistance when the First Order is also in shambles, and Episode IX has a lot to work on to salvage the cluster fuck that was The Last Jedi.
    In Rey's defense, Luke learned in like 1 day. But SJW!!!!! lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Serious note, if for whatever reason they barred Bernie from entering the DNC primary, they then don’t get to throw a fit if he runs as an independent.
    Bernie is safe. he can run again, regardless of this really dumb rule. Vermont made sure of that in the last week.

Democrats love Bernie voting with them, they just hate Bernie, they especially hate his message and also hate him running for things, He's a spoiler...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    If he does he wont win. And all his supporters get what they want in that case another Trump term period
    Sounds like a threat to people... So we vote the way y'all want or we get trump?
    Why not have an actual message and run on Policies then?

Where EXACTLY is the Democratic party pushing any form of actual policy to help people and tell us why we should vote for the,?

You guys make me happy I became an Indie. You need us, yet hate us, then if YOU lose, somehow it's OUR fault? Lol.

/bye felicia.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Then he guarantees a second Trump term.
    Democrats guarantee it. Where's your policy to make us vote and bow our heads to your will?
    Democrats running on empty rhetoric and platitudes won't lose it, Sanders will?

If Democrats lose they gonna throw a fit? Guarantee us a trump second term?

You guys make no sense. it's our fault if YOU lose???

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Democrats guarantee it. Where's your policy to make us vote and bow our heads to your will?

Like I said, the Democratic establishment are kinds of flexing their muscle whenever they want and then crying victim and blaming everyone else when there are consequences.

I'm sorry. I have no problem with a guy who wants to be the leader of the Democratic party having to be a member of the party. You can have as many unorthodox views as you want but you still have to have a 'D' after your name. The Democratic party has plenty of room for a wide variety of views.

Bernie doesn't get to have it both ways. This shouldn't be up for debate.

Of course, given that many members of the left seem insistent on repeating the mistakes of other left movements in other countries faced with creeping authoritarianism at home, it isn't surprising to me that this is so.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 06-09-2018 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post

Spare me the holier than thou attitude. I'm not interested. I'm only interested in one thing. Ending Republican control of the US government. To quote Noam Chomsky, “Has there ever been an organisation in human history that is dedicated, with such commitment, to the destruction of organised human life on Earth?”

But, hey, Democrats might nominate Kirsten Gillibrand. And that's just as equally bad, am I right?

(Edit: I'm not even a Democrat.)
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 06-09-2018 at 09:39 PM.

I'm just gonna quote Oliver Willis, liberal writer for Shareblue.

https://twitter.com/owillis/status/999120086748356609

I think Dems are getting more progressive, which is good but no matter how far they go it won't be enough for purity left - who are way louder than their real bite. Like I keep saying: Win something and stop complaining that it's all rigged against you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Spare me the holier than thou attitude. I'm not interested. I'm only interested in one thing. Ending Republican control of the US government. To quote Noam Chomsky, “Has there ever been an organisation in human history that is dedicated, with such commitment, to the destruction of organised human life on Earth?”

But, hey, Democrats might nominate Kirsten Gillibrand. And that's just as equally bad, am I right?

(Edit: I'm not even a Democrat.)
    If that is the goal, where is there an upside in even the possibility that this move could lose you voters in a general election?

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    If that is the goal, where is there an upside in even the possibility that this move could lose you voters in a general election?
    Meanwhile, the Democrats have gained something like 48 or so seats now. We're doing better than people would have us believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Meanwhile, the Democrats have gained something like 48 or so seats now. We're doing better than people would have us believe.
    See, I don't really disagree.

That said, those seats aren't the same sort of race as a Presidential general election. I just don't see the point in potentially throwing any votes you might need away.

As for Sanders, it's just about being able to take a realistic look at the bigger picture.

If he can walk in next time and actually take the nomination(which is anything but a given)? Why shouldn't he be able to do things his own way?

If it's going to be like this...

I think Dems are getting more progressive, which is good but no matter how far they go it won't be enough for purity left - who are way louder than their real bite. Like I keep saying: Win something and stop complaining that it's all rigged against you.
    That's how it should actually be. Not "I Won Something.", but the DNC will still be dictating terms.