Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    You're talking about a guy who mere months ago insulted Kim via twitter and talked about Fire and Fury.

You are giving him way too much credit. Diplomacy is not a part of Trump's deal.

He is being nice to Kim because he has grown to like him.
    I cant really tell, but I wont rule that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Yeah, so what if an election was stolen. So what if a foriegn power helped put an opperative in the White House who is slowly destroying the country.
    Bend over and move on.
    There's nothing we can do about what happened two years ago. We should, however, focus on making sure it doesn't happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    There's nothing we can do about what happened two years ago. We should, however, focus on making sure it doesn't happen again.
    Yes true, but we should not forget the questionable legitimacy of the Trump Administration. Those who cannot remember the past are condemned....
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...614-story.html

Citing torture claims, judge overturns conviction in slayings of 2 Chicago cops nearly 40 years ago

BANNED

The country keeps on Falling apart because we have literal Red hats acting like Brownshirts and firing People for not BOWING their heads to the "Dear Leader".

Editorial Cartoonist Critical Of Trump Fired From Pittsburgh Newspaper
    Rob Rogers had been with the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette for 25 years.

“I knew in March” ― when he said the paper first started rejecting his cartoon drafts and ideas without explanation ― “that we were headed for some kind of a compromise or a showdown,” Rogers told HuffPost. “I didn’t know what it was going to be, but it turns out it was a showdown.”

The Thursday meeting in which he was fired, Rogers said, was the last of several he’d had with the human resources department since the paper’s editorial director, Keith Burris, began cracking down on his cartoons.

Since March, the Post-Gazette had axed 19 of his cartoon drafts and proposals without explanation, Rogers said. Over the course of a typical year, he noted, only a couple of his submissions would be rejected.

Rogers’ concerns mounted when he said the paper rejected six of his ideas in a row starting on Memorial Day, including one that depicted Trump laying an R.I.P. wreath before a tomb reading “Truth, Honor, Rule of Law” and another showing the president separating undocumented immigrant children from their parents.

BANNED

This reason 11ty Billion that religion needs to stay personal and remain away from any form of legislature.
    The moral failing of the Party of "Family Values" need to shut the hell up for now and forever.

There are a lot of things in the Bible that are TERRIBLE for humanity. Nothing good comes from mixing that book or any religious book with the rights of human beings.

I DESPISE when any Politician or Sycophants use the "BIBLE" like it means anything. They certainly don't mean it.

A friend asked me once why i only go after Christians in my posts. It's because Christians are the dominant religion in America, and at this point, the more dangerous one.

Sarah Huckabee Sanders Cites Bible As Reason To Detain Immigrant Children
    “It is very biblical to enforce the law,” Sanders said about separating children from their parents.

BANNED

Arizona Lawmaker: Immigration A ‘Threat’ Because ‘There Aren’t Enough White Kids’
    David Stringer, a Republican member of the state House, spurred criticism for his “overtly racist comments.”

**** this guy!

Rep. David Stringer, a Republican from Prescott, railed against the changing demographics in his state on Monday at a Yavapai County Republican Men’s Forum event.

“Sixty percent of public school children in the state of Arizona today are minorities,” Stringer told the crowd. “That complicates racial integration because there aren’t enough white kids to go around.”

Calling immigration “politically destabilizing,” Stringer lamented that minority students will grow up to “change the demographic voting base of this state.”

“Immigration today represents an existential threat to the United States,” he said. “If we don’t do something about immigration very, very soon, the demographics of our country will be irrevocably changed and we will be a very different country. It will not be the country you were born into.”

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    We both know it's largely not going to be people who look like you that have their citizenship revoked, Mets.

I don't necessarily have a problem with the concept; I just realize how it will be enforced and by whom.

Do you practice being oblivious?
    People who are informed about the news overestimate the percentage of illegal immigrants who hail from Europe and Canada.

However, the discussion wasn't about the race and ethnicity of the immigrants being targeted.

If you can point to any section in the posts to which I was responding where it would highlight that the discussion is about the difference between how Hispanic immigrants are treated versus European immigrants, that would cause me to reflect on what I've missed.

If you're picking up on something that isn't clearly articulated, that's a different issue. One of the major arguments in favor of Trump is that while he's often wrong on specifics (Did multiple parents of Korean War veterans really approach him on the campaign trail? Did thousands of Muslims in New Jersey celebrate September 11? Could a teenage mother have faked her child's birth certificate in 1961?) he's correct on the big picture. I fear that this approach is being embraced on all sides, when the question isn't about what exactly was said, but about the overall trajectory (IE- it doesn't matter how someone's immigration suggestions might backfire, as long as they're in favor of immigrants, it doesn't matter whether a particular criticism of the Trump administration as long as it's clear someone doesn't like President Trump.)

As #30 would say: your words, not mine.
    How on Earth did I misinterpret your link to a Holocaust museum article?

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    Nah, he's just one of those people who have embraced tribalism as long as Republicans are in charge.

And that's what surprises me. I know conservative people who are nice and hard working but it seems like the emphasis these days isn't "let's have the best candidate in office" but "let's get someone in regardless of credentials because he's a Republican", and they've reluctantly have accepted this because as we have seen, the Cult of MAGA will eviscerate those who speak against Fearless Leader and support rotten human beings who have embraced Trump as Conservative Jesus.
    I'm against Trump and against tribalism.

The post to which I was responded was about the policy implications of a point of view. Someone in favor of tribalism wouldn't really care about that as long as a view is on the right side.

Also: A whole bunch of us agreeing that what somebody does and says is hypocritical and/or not very smart could indeed mean this is an "echo chamber."

Or it could just mean that we are right.
    How would you go about determining that an echo chamber is because you're right?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    How on Earth did I misinterpret your link to a Holocaust museum article?
    When it comes to this, there are times when it just doesn't pay to engage.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Another reason CNN sucks...

This guy broke the white board out with a GOP member of Congress tonight.

Can't tell you if he took him to task because I am busy thinking "Can't they just mute his microphone?" every time the guy says something.

Edit: Nina Turner is a jem. In addition, annoying bro just took current GOP immigration policy to task. I don't envy Matt Schlap right now.

Double Edit: Spotted in Northern Illinois this evening... "Bounce Hultgren 2018" bumper sticker.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 06-14-2018 at 09:58 PM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Rudy Giuliani Says Mueller Probe Must Be Suspended ‘Tomorrow’ After DOJ Report

“Rosenstein and Jeff Sessions have a chance to redeem themselves, and that chance comes about tomorrow.” Rantin' Rudy needs to go back on his meds immediately.

Sarah Huckabee Sanders Cites Bible As Reason To Detain Immigrant Children

“It is very biblical to enforce the law,” Sanders said about separating children from their parents. Yeah, the bible of ICE. GTFO, bitch! God, how I miss Sean Spicer!

Editorial Cartoonist Critical Of Trump Fired From Pittsburgh Newspaper

Rob Rogers had been with the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette for 25 years. And the First Amendment continues to be attacked in the era of Trump.

Trump Reportedly Tried To Push Up Kim Meeting Because He Was Bored

He also praised North Korea’s state-run media and said it was kinder than Fox News. More proof of how we have a childish moron who loves strongmen and their brutal regimes as president. But hey, her emails....!

Detaining Migrant Children Has Lifelong Psychological Effects, Experts Say

Prison-like detention centers compound the trauma of vulnerable kids. Does the Abominable Administration care? HELL NO!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Animosity in the Senate as GOP trades insults over criticism of Trump

The normally decorous Senate has been rocked by heated confrontations this week as fellow Republicans have traded personal and profane insults over how much loyalty to show President Trump.

As Trump asserts his dominance of the party, a vocal GOP minority is speaking out against him — and antagonizing other Republicans who are trying to forge a lasting relationship with the president to achieve their political and legislative goals.

During a private luncheon Wednesday, Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) exploded at Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.), a frequent Trump critic, according to several people familiar with the exchange. One person who witnessed the encounter said Graham accused Corker of trying to destroy the Republican Party as Corker heads toward retirement.
    Corker’s portrayal of his colleagues’ support for Trump as “cult-ish” has bothered Graham and other senators.

“I’ve always been a fan of Bob. I think he’s very, very smart,” Graham said Thursday. “But at the end of the day we’re not helping here to suggest that somehow the Republican Party is a cult.”

Graham also clashed with Republican Sens. Mike Lee (Utah) and Rand Paul (Ky.). Their disputes have centered on amendments to an annual defense bill — raising the temperature even more in a legislative chamber known for its cordiality.

The flashes of anger underscore the Republican Party’s turbulent state less than five months before midterm elections that threaten to wipe away its congressional majorities. Intraparty tension has been evident all week across the country as Trump tightens his grip on the GOP and Republicans abandon long-held principles on trade and national security to align with the president’s policies.
    The level of Republican loyalty to Trump has troubled Corker and Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.), both of whom are retiring at the end of the year. As Republicans held the luncheon Wednesday where Graham fought with Corker and Lee, Flake was on the Senate floor delivering a speech criticizing Trump’s embrace of “despots and dictators” while “ridiculing our allies.”

“We continue to act here as if all is normal, as if all parties are observing norms,” Flake said. “Even as the executive branch shatters them.”

Ultimate Member

You're talking about a guy who mere months ago insulted Kim via twitter and talked about Fire and Fury.

You are giving him way too much credit. Diplomacy is not a part of Trump's deal.

He is being nice to Kim because he has grown to like him.
    I think he's afraid of Kim. Kim literally has people killed. Trump is like the bully who likes to look tough but doesn't want to fight someone his own size. Kim is like the teen-aged sociopath who transfers to Trump's school and Trump is deferring to him.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I think he's afraid of Kim. Kim literally has people killed. Trump is like the bully who likes to look tough but doesn't want to fight someone his own size. Kim is like the teen-aged sociopath who transfers to Trump's school and Trump is deferring to him.
    I'm not so sure about that. I tend to think Trump is too stupid and too arrogant to be afraid of anyone. I'm my opinion, Caramel Caligula is kissing up to Kim in the hope of building hotels in North Korea if and when détente with the Hermit Kingdom takes hold. At the end of the day, as with EVERYTHING in life, it's all about the Benjamins.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I'm not so sure about that. I tend to think Trump is too stupid and too arrogant to be afraid of anyone. I'm my opinion, Caramel Caligula is kissing up to Kim in the hope of building hotels in North Korea if and when détente with the Hermit Kingdom takes hold. At the end of the day, as with EVERYTHING in life, it's all about the Benjamins.
    DING DING ..... North Korea is considered the "promise land" for capitalism companies to go in and make tons of money. Its like Cuba. Because both countries are barren wastelands where no real businesses are at ...many fast food , motels company's want in those markets. Its part of when Cuba deal was done a company brought up how soon they could start selling and building businesses in those countries.

Trump sees dollar signs.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.