Page 6686 of 6983 FirstFirst ... 56866186658666366676668266836684668566866687668866896690669667366786 ... LastLast
Results 100,276 to 100,290 of 104733

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Just look how far down on Fox News front page you have to go for any story on these camps for the children. And all the shit they are trying to push off as a bigger story.

Fake as fuck propaganda network. There is no story bigger than America treating children and families like this.

Ann Coulter Calls Crying Immigrant Kids Detained at Border ‘Child Actors’ (Video)

Disgusting
    Ugh. Coultergeist is back in the news? How have people not figured her out as the ghoulish hack she is? Oh, right. The rest of us have, but the party of 'honor, faith, God, Country, guns and responsibility' still sees her as a heroine speaking truth to the powerful...

She should be careful, though. Single, no kids, getting old...how long before the dye doesn't color the grey and she becomes an unWoman to the Republicans....?

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    EVERY tragedy is said to be faked by crisis actors now. It's gotten to the point that I expect the next DC megacrossover disaster event will be blamed on Infinite Crisis Actors.

And while that's a joke, I find nothing funny about the vile and despicable practices going on.
    And this bullspit 'crisis actor' garbage can be laid right at the feet of Alex Jones, Glenn Beck, and the rest of the Republican propaganda machine.

It's gross, it's horrifying to anyone with a conscience, and it is a crime in need of prosecution. MUELLER, GET ON IT, MAN, PLEASE!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    I was long worried that it was just the tip of the iceberg.

But thousands of children being sent to concentration camps better be the iceberg. I couldn't take it otherwise.
    I am right there with you...I dunno what I'll do if it turns out this isn't yet the worst thing the monsters and cowards have done...

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Reading that story revolted me on more levels than I can imagine. It also left me wondering how many of these incidents are going unreported, let's not kid ourselves, people, no way in hell was that the ONLY instance of sexual abuse on immigrant children by deviant law enforcement personnel.
    That is thed scariest part...we ALL know that if it happened once and got reported, there are more incidents, possibly worse ones, that did NOT get reported. I mean, who are they going to tell!? The people who ripped them away from their family? The people keeping them in cages? The people abusing them? Who do they trust!?

Ed Rendell, ex-Pennsylvania governor, says he has Parkinson's

https://www.wpxi.com/news/top-storie...on-s/772154735

That's a shame... We could probably use more Ed Rendell's in office.
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Man, someone is aiming for Most Dickish Person in Government this week.
    Another vacuous, stone-hearted blonde, spouting the party line and trying to deflect attention from atrocities committed in her party leadership's name with misinformation, innuendo and barely concealed racism. Her, Tomi Lahren, Megan McCain and Ann Coulter must have such FUN at Stephen Miller's Nazi...I mean COCKTAIL parties!

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I was registered as a Republican until after Trump was elected, but seeing the party line up behind him like they have caused me to not only change my registration, but vow to never vote for another Republican again for any office - although I might end up doing so for city council because party isn't listed with the candidates at the local level.
    Honestly though, couldn't you and most other moderate republicans see this situation coming down the line eventually? With the conservative policy trends of the last two decades becoming less compassionate and more business centric? With the rhetoric in the right-leaning media becoming more hyperbolic and loaded with out-right lies? All of that BS about Obama's birth certificate and the "ground zero mosque? The 2010 Tea Party wave? Did any of you ever see the train going anywhere but over a cliff?
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

EVERY tragedy is said to be faked by crisis actors now. It's gotten to the point that I expect the next DC megacrossover disaster event will be blamed on Infinite Crisis Actors.

And while that's a joke, I find nothing funny about the vile and despicable practices going on.
    Conservatives, right wingers and conspiracy nuts like Alex Jones have been spewing that bullshit since Sandy Hook. It was disgusting then, it's disgusting now.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Ugh. Coultergeist is back in the news? How have people not figured her out as the ghoulish hack she is? Oh, right. The rest of us have, but the party of 'honor, faith, God, Country, guns and responsibility' still sees her as a heroine speaking truth to the powerful...

She should be careful, though. Single, no kids, getting old...how long before the dye doesn't color the grey and she becomes an unWoman to the Republicans....?
    "Coultergeist". HA! Good one! No surprise that she-beast crawled out of her crypt to make herself sound even more idiotic than usual.

That is thed scariest part...we ALL know that if it happened once and got reported, there are more incidents, possibly worse ones, that did NOT get reported. I mean, who are they going to tell!? The people who ripped them away from their family? The people keeping them in cages? The people abusing them? Who do they trust!?
    Short answer....NO ONE! This is shaping up to be a humanitarian crisis the likes of which are seen only in war zones and dictatorships like North Korea, home of Trump's newest strongman buddy.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    https://twitter.com/Sen_JoeManchin/s...48914378465281

With Manchin signing on, that means every single Senator who caucuses with the Democrats is opposed to separating children from their parents. Even on his worst day, Manchin is better than any Republican.
    Just not much better, because as it's taken him so long to sign on my gut is telling me he didn't do it willingly. Thus I wonder: What was he promised or threatened with to get him on board?

And this bullspit 'crisis actor' garbage can be laid right at the feet of Alex Jones, Glenn Beck, and the rest of the Republican propaganda machine.

It's gross, it's horrifying to anyone with a conscience, and it is a crime in need of prosecution. MUELLER, GET ON IT, MAN, PLEASE!
    I've long maintained that spreading obvious lies like this should be a punishable crime, however I'm sure that would breach the first amendment which is why I only believe it can be enforced on gov employees/elected officials in their official capacity.

Just not much better, because as it's taken him so long to sign on my gut is telling me he didn't do it willingly. Thus I wonder: What was he promised or threatened with to get him on board?
    Probably nothing. He saw the poll numbers. Manchin is completely opportunistic.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Conservatives, right wingers and conspiracy nuts like Alex Jones have been spewing that bullshit since Sandy Hook. It was disgusting then, it's disgusting now.
    Yeah, I wish it were possible to make such bullshit propaganda spread to bamboozle the masses and make them money illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Probably nothing. He saw the poll numbers. Manchin is completely opportunistic.
    He is nearly as spineless as all the craven republicans in office that only mouth platitudes in dissent but vote in lockstep.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Honestly though, couldn't you and most other moderate republicans see this situation coming down the line eventually? With the conservative policy trends of the last two decades becoming less compassionate and more business centric? With the rhetoric in the right-leaning media becoming more hyperbolic and loaded with out-right lies? All of that BS about Obama's birth certificate and the "ground zero mosque? The 2010 Tea Party wave? Did any of you ever see the train going anywhere but over a cliff?
    I'd lived in a very liberal state (NY) most of my life, so the local Republicans were of a different breed than what's on the national level - that was true before I left the state and it's even more so now. My old city had a Log Cabin Republican as mayor, and the successor was a tax cutting hawk at a time when the residents desperately needed one. Buying a home in Plattsburgh isn't an easy thing when the tax burden nearly doubles the mortgage payment. Keeping a home isn't easy when the budget is out of control either and you fear the property assessors deciding to circumvent the tax increase cap by deciding your home is worth much more than it is - and they control the non-court appeals process so you can't contest without spending money you often don't have.

And before I lived in the city, I lived inside the Adirondack Park blue line. The Adirondack Park isn't like many of the others you may be familiar with, as the borders encompass an awful lot of private land. Not just businesses, but middle and lower class residents as well. The park functions as a zoning board whose members very often have never lived inside the park boundaries - and under Mario Cuomo (the long time governor when I was growing up) there were zero members of that board who lived there. It's like what liberal cities are going through now with the state government passing override laws telling you what can and can't be done as decided by people you can't vote for or against - except with the politics in reverse. And it breeds a lot of resentment for the politics of those who do it. And that doesn't get into the Dyson Plan - something proposed by one of the big Democrats from NYC to help with their electricity issues at the time - it involved sending all the semi-affordable power generated upstate to NYC first and promised to push the ability to afford to live upstate even further out of reach.

Plus, in New York, despite being a state controlled by Democrats, has a lot of pro-business laws on the books. It's a 'right to work' state, for starters, despite that bit of Orwellian double-speak basically meaning right of the company to fire you for any or even no reason.

So basically, I grew up dealing with some of the best Republicans and the worst Democrats, so it took a while for what''s on the national stage to fully hit home.

Astonishing Member

I've long maintained that spreading obvious lies like this should be a punishable crime, however I'm sure that would breach the first amendment which is why I only believe it can be enforced on gov employees/elected officials in their official capacity.
    At the very least any "news" organization allowing salacious, unsubstantiated BS to be said on their air without a strong rebuttal or ask for evidence is the height of unprofessional.

But they peddle in conspiracies daily and get big ratings from it

Trump directs creation of 'space force' as sixth branch of military
    Last edited by kidfresh512; 06-18-2018 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I'd lived in a very liberal state (NY) most of my life, so the local Republicans were of a different breed than what's on the national level - that was true before I left the state and it's even more so now. My old city had a Log Cabin Republican as mayor, and the successor was a tax cutting hawk at a time when the residents desperately needed one. Buying a home in Plattsburgh isn't an easy thing when the tax burden nearly doubles the mortgage payment. Keeping a home isn't easy when the budget is out of control either and you fear the property assessors deciding to circumvent the tax increase cap by deciding your home is worth much more than it is - and they control the non-court appeals process so you can't contest without spending money you often don't have.

And before I lived in the city, I lived inside the Adirondack Park blue line. The Adirondack Park isn't like many of the others you may be familiar with, as the borders encompass an awful lot of private land. Not just businesses, but middle and lower class residents as well. The park functions as a zoning board whose members very often have never lived inside the park boundaries - and under Mario Cuomo (the long time governor when I was growing up) there were zero members of that board who lived there. It's like what liberal cities are going through now with the state government passing override laws telling you what can and can't be done as decided by people you can't vote for or against - except with the politics in reverse. And it breeds a lot of resentment for the politics of those who do it. And that doesn't get into the Dyson Plan - something proposed by one of the big Democrats from NYC to help with their electricity issues at the time - it involved sending all the semi-affordable power generated upstate to NYC first and promised to push the ability to afford to live upstate even further out of reach.

Plus, in New York, despite being a state controlled by Democrats, has a lot of pro-business laws on the books. It's a 'right to work' state, for starters, despite that bit of Orwellian double-speak basically meaning right of the company to fire you for any or even no reason.

So basically, I grew up dealing with some of the best Republicans and the worst Democrats, so it took a while for what''s on the national stage to fully hit home.
    Honestly, that is fair. A LOT of people don't think about the national scene when their local scene is so messed up. What matters is that once you realized that you were unwittingly supporting abject evil, you got out and joined the right side of history!
    Last edited by zinderel; 06-18-2018 at 12:46 PM.