Page 6697 of 6983 FirstFirst ... 56976197659766476687669366946695669666976698669967006701670767476797 ... LastLast
Results 100,441 to 100,455 of 104733

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    I almost think the dems should just agree to full funding of the wall that Trump wants in exchange for those camps being shutdown....but then what, where do the kids go?

Initially I was against the wall, and I still think it's dumb...but at this point, I don't think it matters. We live in a shitty country, might as well cap it off with a wall, but only in exchange for something actually humane and non-Trumpian to happen with those kids. Not that I would trust Trump to uphold his end of the deal, because he never does.
    I'm convinced that this has only ever been about funding the wall. Do something horrible, agree to stop doing it if you get what you want, get what you want, THEN KEEP DOING IT ANYWAY! That's why Trump and Kim get along so well.

So today ...

Trump's new new new campaign manager says he wants Mueller fired.

Trump's new FBI head contradicts Trump on Mueller, says they've found real crimes. Trump says he's a liar.

Trump's new new lawyer, says they were just posturing about ending the probe.

Erik Price cooperated with Mueller, and Team Trump says he lied.

That's awful lot of noise from Team Trump today about the Mueller investigation.

Whenever Trumps gets loud about Mueller, it has been a wind-up for some big info drops.

Something new coming this week from Mueller?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Mighty Member

It's always good to be back here and remember just how shitty things are.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Trump was not an unknown.
    I think people forget all those clips of Trump saying one thing and then the exact opposite on virtually every issue. There were a lot of people who only heard what they wanted.

Extraordinary Member

It's hard to imagine it mattering that much when Obama was killing it, economy wise, and all of a sudden the idea that someone from the other side had to come in and fix the economy?

The economy was not a factor in this election.
    Obama was killing it but the general gist was people weren’t feeling it yet. That’s where the disconnect sadly was. Then by the time his work was being felt he was on his way out and Trump tried to take credit.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    I think people forget all those clips of Trump saying one thing and then the exact opposite on virtually every issue. There were a lot of people who only heard what they wanted.
    You go to weird lengths to justify people who voted for Trump.

Mighty Member

Obama was killing it but the general gist was people weren’t feeling it yet. That’s where the disconnect sadly was. Then by the time his work was being felt he was on his way out and Trump tried to take credit.
    Hm. I think the only answer is to no longer let us, the people, decide who president is. Because we are clearly to impatient and disconnected to and ignorant of what's going on to make an adequate decision.

Mighty Member

I do wish I lived in the world you've created though, where everyone who turned to Trump did so out of economic anxiety and concerns over a government that has let them down. And where none of them had an ill intentions, where no one was even aware he made a bunch of bigoty comments and where they could all be turned toward a better candidate if only we would offer them one.

It's not true at all, but better than the reality we have here.

Extraordinary Member

You go to weird lengths to justify people who voted for Trump.
    These were things most people in the media and on this board were saying during the election. You don’t remember all those clips or all the people justifying him by saying “oh he’s just saying it to placate those fringe wackos”.

I’m just not being revisionist about it. It was pretty easy to see what was happening with him

Mighty Member

These were things most people in the media and on this board were saying during the election. You don’t remember all those clips or all the people justifying him by saying “oh he’s just saying it to placate those fringe wackos”.

I’m just not being revisionist about it. It was pretty easy to see what was happening with him
    No, I very well remember him saying different things to different audiences. But that people only heard one side of it or what they wanted to hear, and that's what they based their vote on--that's the weird length to justify people voting for Trump.

Ah well, I guess Love Trumps Hate and we will surely win this day if we go high when they go low or something.

Extraordinary Member

Hm. I think the only answer is to no longer let us, the people, decide who president is. Because we are clearly to impatient and disconnected to and ignorant of what's going on to make an adequate decision.
    Yes most of you overestimated the average American. Most people don’t follow politics as much as the people on this thread.

Mighty Member

Yes most of you overestimated the average American. Most people don’t follow politics as much as the people on this thread.
    I do agree with both of those points.

I will never overestimate America again, that is for sure.

Extraordinary Member

I do wish I lived in the world you've created though, where everyone who turned to Trump did so out of economic anxiety and concerns over a government that has let them down. And where none of them had an ill intentions, where no one was even aware he made a bunch of bigoty comments and where they could all be turned toward a better candidate if only we would offer them one.

It's not true at all, but better than the reality we have here.
    You’re generalizing. There were undoubtedly voters that were voting for him out of racism. There were also people that voted for a black President twice that switched over to Trump. Are they racist too? There were Hispanics who despite everything he said were more willing to vote for Trump than Romney and didn’t gut his prospects like most Democrats hoped. Are they xenophobic?

You can’t just take the most conveniant reasons that make you feel better and validate your world view. That’s not how you figure out what happened and help you beat him next time.

Mighty Member

You’re generalizing. There were undoubtedly voters that were voting for him out of racism. There were also people that voted for a black President twice that switched over to Trump. Are they racist too? There were Hispanics who despite everything he said were more willing to vote for Trump than Romney and didn’t gut his prospects like most Democrats hoped. Are they xenophobic?

You can’t just take the most conveniant reasons that make you feel better and validate your world view. That’s not how you figure out what happened and help you beat him next time.
    Dude, we are not beating him next time. There's nothing to figure out. I also barely even give a shit any more.

Extraordinary Member

Dude, we are not beating him next time. There's nothing to figure out. I also barely even give a shit any more.
    See I think they can.