Page 6698 of 6983 FirstFirst ... 56986198659866486688669466956696669766986699670067016702670867486798 ... LastLast
Results 100,456 to 100,470 of 104733
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    See I think they can.
    Cool, I'll keep my fingers crossed that we suddenly wake up in 2 years and the country isn't racist any more.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    You are conflating what is required under the law with what is possible under the law. Trump chooses to have his brownshirts do the worst things possible under the law. That is policy. And you are being a dishonest person (trying no to get banned here so replace the word person with what you know I mean) and making excuses for sending children to concentration camps.
    For a poster who likes to paint the opposing side as ignoramuses enslaved by ideology, I find it interesting that you keep repeating the term "policy," as if the use of that political buzz-word proved that Trump and Trump alone was guilty of the entire scandal.

That there is a policy, there is no doubt. But if your concern is to reunite genuine offspring with genuine parents, then we have to look at the legal reasons the Ninth Circuit Court ruled as it did, in order to undo that ruling.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    For a poster who likes to paint the opposing side as ignoramuses enslaved by ideology, I find it interesting that you keep repeating the term "policy," as if the use of that political buzz-word proved that Trump and Trump alone was guilty of the entire scandal.

That there is a policy, there is no doubt. But if your concern is to reunite genuine offspring with genuine parents, then we have to look at the legal reasons the Ninth Circuit Court ruled as it did, in order to undo that ruling.
    Your president sent children to concentration camps. Trump did this. With Sessions and Miller and an army of racist government agents.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

From the BBC:

Reality Check: Who decided to take away children at the US border?

There is no law that mandates separating children from parents who cross the border illegally.

"How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    Cool, I'll keep my fingers crossed that we suddenly wake up in 2 years and the country isn't racist any more.
    There will always be racial tensions. Most countries have them. We think of Europe as a wonderland but even countries like France have massive racial and religious divides probably worse than the US. The key is we’ve made progress and need to keep pushing for progress. It isn’t a foregone conclusion

Astonishing Member

Only complete idiots and liars actually believe trumps made up Democrats did it drama.

It is flat out not worth arguing with them. Trump clearly did this to hold children hostages for a wall and use as a deterrent to further immigration. We will hold your kids in cages if you keep coming here brown people.

Its not even a he said she said. Its VERY public by his own administration what the point was and why they were doing it.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The more I read and hear, the more I’m convinced Trump is holding those kids hostage. He’s essentially saying to Democrats: “Give me full funding for the wall and I’ll release those kids”. Caramel Caligula needs the wall to keep his repugnant base happy, without it, he could face trouble, given his approval ratings still haven’t seen the high side of 40 percent since Inauguration Day.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The more I read and hear, the more I’m convinced Trump is holding those kids hostage. He’s essentially saying to Democrats: “Give me full funding for the wall and I’ll release those kids”. Caramel Caligula needs the wall to keep his repugnant base happy, without it, he could face trouble, given his approval ratings still haven’t seen the high side of 40 percent since Inauguration Day.
    I firmly believe they shouldn't give him that border wall money. They can pass a bill to free the kids without being held hostage. These optics are too terrible for even repugnant GOP to go along with in midterms. If they gave him the money he would just bash them for it, say he forced them. Say Dems are weak and he made them come to the table and it would be true imo. Fuck his racist ass wall. We all know it is a waste of money and he needs it to say he filled a campaign promise.

The separate bills being introduced to tackle this specifically if they cant get support then they can be crucified with why didn't you support it in mid terms.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    There will always be racial tensions. Most countries have them. We think of Europe as a wonderland but even countries like France have massive racial and religious divides probably worse than the US. The key is we’ve made progress and need to keep pushing for progress. It isn’t a foregone conclusion
    Yes there will always be racial tensions, I know. We have not made progress though. We pretended we did or thought we did or something. That was a big joke, obviously--jokes on us now. If only there had been a way for this not to happen. Oh well.

And I've said before, the bigger problem is there are 62 million people who thought he was a good choice to lead the country. Shit.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Yet, doing it this way is starting to eat away at his base, as even the Evangelicals are starting to get uncomfortable with it. Stephen Miller made sure that Trump enacted this, Trump's ego isn't going to let him back away without some kind of safe out that doen't make him look even worse, make him look weak, to his base. I hope his base keeps shrinking, it would suit him if it does.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    I firmly believe they shouldn't give him that border wall money. They can pass a bill to free the kids without being held hostage. These optics are too terrible for even repugnant GOP to go along with in midterms.

The separate bills being introduced to tackle this specifically if they cant get support then they can be crucified with why didn't you support it in mid terms.
    But the GOP won't lose votes over this. This is what they want and why Trump was elected.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Only complete idiots and liars actually believe trumps made up Democrats did it drama.

It is flat out not worth arguing with them. Trump clearly did this to hold children hostages for a wall and use as a deterrent to further immigration. We will hold your kids in cages if you keep coming here brown people.

Its not even a he said she said. Its VERY public by his own administration what the point was and why they were doing it.
    Trump's biggest strength has always been his ability to lie with impunity.

Nothing about the Ninth Circuit Court ruling during Obama's administration, I see.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Yet, doing it this way is starting to eat away at his base, as even the Evangelicals are starting to get uncomfortable with it. Stephen Miller made sure that Trump enacted this, Trump's ego isn't going to let him back away without some kind of safe out that doen't make him look even worse, make him look weak, to his base. I hope his base keeps shrinking, it would suit him if it does.
    They’ll get over it. You give them to much credit.

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    Nothing about the Ninth Circuit Court ruling during Obama's administration, I see.
    And what ruling, in what case, are you talking about? I need to see receipts.