Page 6706 of 6983 FirstFirst ... 57066206660666566696670267036704670567066707670867096710671667566806 ... LastLast
Results 100,576 to 100,590 of 104733
    Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Dude, come on with that noise.
    Thousands of children in concentration camps.

In the USA.

You think this is noise?

You haven't heard nothing yet, little one.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Dude, come on with that noise.

For as long as politicians were unwilling to risk their political capital/careers in order to seriously address this, they were leaving an opening where this was always going to be a possibility.

As I've already said, an actual set of laws that are not so Mickey Mouse that this sort of thing can take place cannot happen soon enough for me.

Thus far, no one has managed that.
    No, 30. No.

Yes, the laws suck. Yes, the status quo sucked. It's telling that anytime we bring up that this system sucks, the conservatives on this board reply with 'So you support unlimited immigration' or talk about 'abuses of asylum'. It's all nonsense. But up until now, we /never had a government/ that was preparing to build tent cities for frigging children/. The even shittier policies we have now are a direct result of /electing even worse people/.

I'll take theprevious status quo every time over that, no matter how much it sucks, and then I'll work like hell to change it. I'd rather a shitty system than an actually actively malevolent one that creates orphans. But not letting it get to this point is on /all of us/. It didn't have to /ever/ get here but for the 2016 election. This was not inevitable, no matter how much you'd like to say it was.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 06-19-2018 at 11:16 PM.

Reminder that a "pro lifer" shot up a pizza parlor over made-up rumors of child trafficking conducted by Hillary Clinton from there.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Man...

Unless you were specifically building a legal check into immigration law?

You left the door to this open.

How were you going to keep things to just the lousy status quo? Cross fingers, and hope that you can hold the Presidency indefinitely?

Man...

How were you going to keep things to just the lousy status quo? Cross fingers, and hope that you can hold the Presidency indefinitely?
    Not letting actual fascists win elections is pretty important. It doesn't matter how many legal checks you build. They will find a way around them because that's what fascists do. Some of us did see this coming and said so.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 06-19-2018 at 10:58 PM.

Man...

You are seriously saying people should have seen it coming that eventually, America would elect a fascist who would send children to concentration camps by the thousands.

People always assumed there were already "checks and balances" against this. It's why you and Susan Sarandon wanted Trump to beat Hillary.

Now we have infants held in government facilities.

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Not letting actual fascists win elections is pretty important. It doesn't matter how many legal checks you build. They will find a way around them because that's what fascists do.
    Just going to have to politely disagree with you there.

Never mind that there isn't much point in Congress addressing this when that is the case.

Just going to have to politely disagree with you there.

Never mind that there isn't much point in Congress addressing this when that is the case.
    Bull. You do the best you can but don't let fascists into office because fascists don't /care/.

Bull. You do the best you can but don't let fascists into office because fascists don't /care/.
    The current status quo is anything but "The Best You Can..."

The current status quo is anything but "The Best You Can..."
    Sure. But that wasn't what I was addressing in your statement.

It's stunning to see that to some people, NOTHING is so far out of the ordinary that they will refrain from whataboutism.

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Well you think it's a lie because you don't believe me, which isn't really my problem. And I don't care who doesn't believe me, you or anybody else. When you know you're right you don't care about erroneous people questioning you. It's a nice feeling. Now you can keep being a creepy stalker type who won't let something go that you are wrong about. Or you can ignore me. But you seem to want to spend a lot of time on something except for going through this thread and seeing if you're wrong or not.

Quite frankly you're opinion of me isn't worth my time to jump through the hoops to filter through pages of this board. It's a waste of my time to prove something to someone who I couldn't care less what you think. You must have an over inflated opinion on how much you think your opinion of me matters to me. If you want to jump through those hoops, you can go through every page of this board. It's always here for you. Nothing's stopping you.
    I don't believe you because I was active in the conversations at the time and 'most' posters weren't saying what you claim. There were a few (#30 for one) but most of us were pleading with anyone who would listen to vote against the person going to work directly against the interests of America aka Trump, and to quote Tim Curry in Clue "I know because I was there." When you refuse to back up claims like any Trump shill on camera it doesn't help your case. FYI It's not stalking to correct bald faced lies any more than it's a witch hunt to investigate a criminal, and if you keep making them on a public forum and refusing to back down or back them up with proof when called out on it you can't complain about being called out on it. It's not like many people agree with your interpretations and I'm a lone dissenter considering the recent reaction to your 'Trump was an Unknown' schtick.

If you make a claim you have to back it up if you want to have any credibility. Rule #1 of any Internet Debate. Anyone who can't or won't back up what they say isn't telling the truth, I learned that before I even made it through grade school.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    I don't believe you because I was active in the conversations at the time and 'most' posters weren't saying what you claim. There were a few (#30 for one) but most of us were pleading with anyone who would listen to vote against the person going to work directly against the interests of America aka Trump, and to quote Tim Curry in Clue "I know because I was there." When you refuse to back up claims like any Trump shill on camera it doesn't help your case. FYI It's not stalking to correct bald faced lies any more than it's a witch hunt to investigate a criminal, and if you keep making them on a public forum and refusing to back down or back them up with proof when called out on it you can't complain about being called out on it. It's not like many people agree with your interpretations and I'm a lone dissenter considering the recent reaction to your 'Trump was an Unknown' schtick.

If you make a claim you have to back it up if you want to have any credibility. Rule #1 of any Internet Debate. Anyone who can't or won't back up what they say isn't telling the truth, I learned that before I even made it through grade school.
    Hey, welcome to the club. He accused me of stalking him for not letting his repeated bullshit stand, either. Next step: He'll claim you have a "reputation" on this board.

Hillary was right!

Not letting actual fascists win elections is pretty important. It doesn't matter how many legal checks you build. They will find a way around them because that's what fascists do. Some of us did see this coming and said so.
    I'm quoting this rather than dozens of posts as I've had company over and watched the hilarious reshowing of Rifftrax Live: Space Mutiny.

Assholes who game the system will find a way to shove what they want to do out the other side. From rules lawyers in a D&D circle to Congress, it's a fact of life. NO ONE can close every loophole, no one can retroactively prevent any future abuses, and no one can predict someone like Trump leading us to where we are today. In the real world there isn't a DM to just say "That's nice: No" and it takes an abundance of proof & funding to even make an attempt at seeing it through the courts worthwhile. The situation that's happening now IS NOT ACCEPTABLE AT ALL and I think most of us can agree on that, but there's no way we should sit back and squabble when these lives are on the line and the ones responsible have admitted it outright before shifting blame. The first thing to do is not believe bald faced liars who double down when faced with their bullshit at every opportunity, and the second is to Vote against any who defend or excuse this sort of behavior/policy.

E:
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Hey, welcome to the club. He accused me of stalking him for not letting his repeated bullshit stand, either. Next step: He'll claim you have a "reputation" on this board.
    Yeah, claiming you have no time to prove what you say while wasting all the time in the world making such outlandishly false claims takes a special kind of logic to thunk up.
    Last edited by Dalak; 06-19-2018 at 11:46 PM.

Nailed it, Dalak.