Page 6710 of 6983 FirstFirst ... 57106210661066606700670667076708670967106711671267136714672067606810 ... LastLast
Results 100,636 to 100,650 of 104733
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Ivanka's deafening silence

Oh, it's quite easy to understand Ms. Complicit's silence if you're a hopeless cynic like me. Like I said in a previous post this morning, Ivanka is unwilling to complain about the administration's heartless "zero tolerance" policy, especially not in a public forum and risk getting cut out of daddy's will because he's too thin-skinned to tolerate any insubordination, not even from his kids. Then there's another, less complicated theory behind Ivanka's silence----she just plain doesn't give a flying fuck about traumatized little brown skinned kids from south of the border.
    Even more basic, she's just a spoiled, rich Daddy's girl. Lack of empathy is a family trait. I think she employs 2 nannies. Such a hard luck life.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    In doing so, you lend them additional credibility, though. It's like all those people who cheered Judicial Watch when it went after some easy mark conservative targets, then spent years crying about Obama's vacations (and still is) while refusing to even talk about Trump's. We can certainly let them speak their peace, and this is important, but you have to do so in a way that does not build their credibility. Rest assured, these guys aren't going to become progressives and they'll turn around and go back to savaging it as soon as they feel they can replace Trumpism with their own brand of conservatism. We ought not build their followings for them.

The best things these guys can do is provide an exit with dignity for other conservatives who want to do the same but aren't sure how to do so in a way that feels intellectually consistent to themselves. A lost art in argument, especially these days, is how to leave someone a way out of the corner they're in
    Well what's better a Bill Kristol who trashes your opponent because he can't take it anymore and his supporters have to take a look in the mirror or a Bill Kristol who just becomes silent and his followers just continue to take the same actions.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Well what's better a Bill Kristol who trashes your opponent because he can't take it anymore and his supporters have to take a look in the mirror or a Bill Kristol who just becomes silent and his followers just continue to take the same actions.
    I haven't said 'shut him up', after all, but we don't need to bolster him either or act like he's some lion for going against Trump. Kristol especially has real blood on his hands and Schmidt directly was involved with Palin. Both of them have played a role in creating THIS Republican party and neither of them seem prepared to see that. It's on us to say 'glad they've repudiated, but this is how they built the Trump white house'.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 06-20-2018 at 08:14 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Starbucks timeline.

Tuesday, May 29 -- The company shuts all its stores to give its employees "sensitivity training."

Monday, June 4 -- Executive Chairman Howard Schultz steps down.

Thursday, June 7 -- The company raises the price of its brewed coffee.

Tuesday, June 19 -- The company announces it will close 150 stores next year, as CEO Kevin Johnson calls its performance "not acceptable."
    And the point to all that is....?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Starbucks timeline.

Tuesday, May 29 -- The company shuts all its stores to give its employees "sensitivity training."

Tuesday, June 19 -- The company announces it will close 150 stores next year, as CEO Kevin Johnson calls its performance "not acceptable."

Post hoc ergo propter hoc...

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Post hoc ergo propter hoc...
    Something something diversity is bad something something.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Starbucks timeline.

Sunday, June 17: All decent people are outraged by the revelation that Trump and Sessions sent thousands of children to live in cages and are too focused on that to give a fuck about a god damn coffee chain.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Sounds like Trump might be about to take up the pen and ending his child separation policy, at least temporarily. That's all I know.
    Last edited by Tami; 06-20-2018 at 09:12 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Sounds like Trump might be about to take up the pen and ending his child separation policy, at least temporarily. That's all I know.
    I'm wondering if Putin called him and told him to abuse children less publicly.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Confirmed. He just said he's signing an executive order.

Also, he stated this has been going on 40 years. But... but that's not... ugh. Also, took a few seconds to brag about his economy and declared that millions of people will come if we don't get tough on immigration.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    I'm wondering if Putin called him and told him to abuse children less publicly.
    Someone must have convinced him that this was blowing up in his face, usually he's too blind to see it for himself. We should check what was aired on Fox and Friends this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Confirmed. He just said he's signing an executive order.

Also, he stated this has been going on 40 years. But... but that's not... ugh. Also, took a few seconds to brag about his economy and declared that millions of people will come if we don't get tough on immigration.
    I have him on TV, but with the sound muted. I can't handle listening to him talk, it's really get's on my nerves.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

I have him on TV, but with the sound muted. I can't handle listening to him talk, it's really get's on my nerves.
    You, me, my mom, and so many others.

Anyhow, I wish I saw Kristen, Jeff, Stephen, and Fox News anchors faces when this came out. A nice slap in the face for all of their defending of the practice.

Mighty Member

So.......about Tammy Duckworth and Kamala Harris. Both have solid political experience and no real “skeletons” that could be exploited by opponents?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

In addition to that, I read in my local fishwrap over lunch that the governors of Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island and Virginia would not deploy National Guard troops to the U.S.-Mexico border because of Trump's abhorrent "zero tolerance" policy.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!