Page 6712 of 6983 FirstFirst ... 57126212661266626702670867096710671167126713671467156716672267626812 ... LastLast
Results 100,666 to 100,680 of 104733

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    That is too close to conspiracy theory for me right now. I'll wait to see if it is backed up by other news media first. Not that I'm not worried about the welfare of these children.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    So.......about Tammy Duckworth and Kamala Harris. Both have solid political experience and no real “skeletons” that could be exploited by opponents?
    They're women of color and mothers.

That's all the skeletons they need to be not elected in America.

Still, I will canvas for DUCKWORTH 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Current report is that the Zero tolerance policy stays in effect, but they found a way to arrest the parents without taking their children away...how I don't know.
    That's what we did during WWII with Japanese Americans. Took their kids and then just locked up the families wholesale.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    A step in the right direction.
    Microsoft and Apple are having EMPLOYEES threaten a walk-out if the execs don't pull all ICE contracts ASAP.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 06-20-2018 at 11:05 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

iMan 42s

So what happens when these kids grow up? You have thousands of people suddenly ripped away from their loved ones and abused by the people in authority. Might I add you also do have a rampant gang problem around the border, and where are these kids going to stay if the American government "looses" thousands of children? Chances are good that being close enough to gangs or around enough people who are radicalized against the government, you're going to instill hate and fear into the hearts of thousands of people who suddenly have a chip on their shoulder regarding the American government. And they would have a leg to stand on.

Because the American government took one out of the Nazi playbook and used concentration camps to hold kids and are forcing them into compliance. This is really bad especially considering that if enough make it to the violence stage, the government is already ignoring gun control. Ghost gun kits are real and can be purchased without fuss. Your going to have a lot of blood on your hands if this keeps up and is especially problematic if this radicalizes existing Mexican locales. This is even worse regarding school shootings because this can go either way with a shooter targeting Mexican students, or a radicalized Mexican targeting "the authority" being school faculty or kids. Assuming we are looking at minors (below ages of 15-21) this is going to hit the fan within 5 years if this keeps up. That's enough time for some of those kids to grow up, get pissed, and or even take governmental positions (be it legal or not). This is nothing short of a bloodbath waiting to happen.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

That is too close to conspiracy theory for me right now. I'll wait to see if it is backed up by other news media first. Not that I'm not worried about the welfare of these children.
    Revealnews.org. Never heard of them. Yeah, let's wait and see if this story is properly corroborated by other news outlets. If it is, then the top will blow off this nightmare like Mount St. Helens.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    So what happens when these kids grow up? You have thousands of people suddenly ripped away from their loved ones and abused by the people in authority. Might I add you also do have a rampant gang problem around the border, and where are these kids going to stay if the American government "looses" thousands of children? Chances are good that being close enough to gangs or around enough people who are radicalized against the government, you're going to instill hate and fear into the hearts of thousands of people who suddenly have a chip on their shoulder regarding the American government. And they would have a leg to stand on.

Because the American government took one out of the Nazi playbook and used concentration camps to hold kids and are forcing them into compliance. This is really bad especially considering that if enough make it to the violence stage, the government is already ignoring gun control. Ghost gun kits are real and can be purchased without fuss. Your going to have a lot of blood on your hands if this keeps up and is especially problematic if this radicalizes existing Mexican locales. This is even worse regarding school shootings because this can go either way with a shooter targeting Mexican students, or a radicalized Mexican targeting "the authority" being school faculty or kids. Assuming we are looking at minors (below ages of 15-21) this is going to hit the fan within 5 years if this keeps up. That's enough time for some of those kids to grow up, get pissed, and or even take governmental positions (be it legal or not). This is nothing short of a bloodbath waiting to happen.
    Exactly! I've already said this Kiddie Abu Ghraib is an incubator for the next generation of MS-13 killers with a mad on for America. And the craven and cowardly Republicans in Congress are letting Trump get away with this repugnant **** instead of telling him it's all kinds of wrong and they won't sanction it.

Astonishing Member

Michael Cohen resigns from RNC committee post, sources say

Michael Cohen, President Trump’s longtime confidant and former personal attorney, has resigned from his post as deputy finance chair of the Republican National Committee's Finance Committee, sources close to the RNC told ABC News. In his resignation letter to Ronna McDaniel, the RNC chair, Cohen cited the ongoing special counsel investigation as one reason for his departure. ABC News has reviewed the email.

“This important role requires the full time attention and dedication of each member. Given the ongoing Mueller and SDNY investigations, that simply is impossible for me to do,” he wrote.
    Cohen also criticized the administration's policy of separating migrant children from their parents at the southern border, the first time he’s distanced himself from the president.

"As the son of a Polish holocaust survivor, the images and sounds of this family separation policy is heart wrenching,” Cohen wrote. “While I strongly support measures that will secure our porous borders, children should never be used as bargaining chips."

Cohen on Tuesday hired New York lawyer Guy Petrillo to represent him in a federal investigation into his business dealings.
    Cohen no likely trumps choices now? Does he not want his pardon or what?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Buddy boy, I was here first so how can I follow you? Do I go to every thread you post in and 'stalk' you as claimed? No. I linger in here, and go to a few other threads to post when I have something to say. You could find maybe 2 threads outside this one where we've interacted by my guess.

I didn't make the claims you did and refused to back them up, and it's your place to prove them as a negative cannot be proven. It's not the job of other scientists to prove that a guy who publishes no paper is wrong after all. So if you say my calling your claim is a lie is wrong PROVE ME WRONG and I'll shut up and slink to the corner after admitting I'm wrong. Until then you are proving to me and everyone who reads this thread that you are lying and afraid to back up what you say due to it, while lashing out with insults like any Trump supporter who's been confronted with something they can't answer. Remember: It's not someone else's job to do your work for you.

Yup, totally the Dem's fault here. Didn't you hear that Obama personally hired all those doctors to inject kids 40 years ago?

Trump has to make everything involving himself a spectacle, this is nothing new.

A step in the right direction.
    Okay keyboard warrior. Maybe you think that, all I’m proving is your opinion doesn’t matter. Keep calling me a liar, it takes no effort to call you a liar back. Like i said if you gave the slightest **** like you claim you’d go back. It’s evidently important enough to be a creepy annoyance but not enough to prove yourself. Either way knock yourself. It’s satisfying knowing that your wrong regardless.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Trump is Lex Luthor. Has been since the 1980s. They almost have the same character arc, when you think about it.
    Who is Superman in this scenario? Also Lex would take great offense to that.

Current report is that the Zero tolerance policy stays in effect, but they found a way to arrest the parents without taking their children away...how I don't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    That's what we did during WWII with Japanese Americans. Took their kids and then just locked up the families wholesale.
    But where could they find someone heartless and craven enough to run such a program?
    Does anyone know what Joe Arpaio's up to these days?
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

This was only for a brief time, but ah... huh.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

WEST VIRGINIA - 3rd CD
    Carol Miller (R) 41%
    Richard Ojeda (D) 47%
    Other 3%
    Unsure 9%
    (Monmouth U. Poll; LV standard midterm model; 6/14-19/18)
    Must be a swing district.

2004 President George W. Bush 53% - John Kerry 46%
    2008 President John McCain 56% - Barack Obama 42%
    2012 President Mitt Romney 65% - Barack Obama 33%
    2016 President Donald Trump 73% - Hillary Clinton 23%
    Whoa.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    I’ll take that as a “no” to the latter half of the question. Now who’s the more charismatic/magnetic of the two?
    Depends. Kamala has more personality but Duckworth is more likeable. To be honest I’d go with Warren over either. She’s a much more aggressive debater and that will help a lot against Trump. I also worry about white women abandoning Democrats again.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Does anyone know what Joe Arpaio's up to these days?
    Running for Senate and pulling in a whole 12% in the primary to the winners 43%.

He took out Ward from the running, who would be just as bad as he would have.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Okay keyboard warrior. Maybe you think that, all I’m proving is your opinion doesn’t matter. Keep calling me a liar, it takes no effort to call you a liar back. Like i said if you gave the slightest **** like you claim you’d go back. It’s evidently important enough to be a creepy annoyance but not enough to prove yourself. Either way knock yourself. It’s satisfying knowing that your wrong regardless.
    For me to prove 'Most' users didn't say what you're doing I'd have to post every post over the whole election, as it's a negative. For you to prove your claim, you need 6-7 quotes. Go on about how I'm lazy again though, Liar.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Depends. Kamala has more personality but Duckworth is more likeable. To be honest I’d go with Warren over either. She’s a much more aggressive debater and that will help a lot against Trump. I also worry about white women abandoning Democrats again.
    I've yet to hear if Warren even wants to run. She had her shot two years ago and begged off, supposedly because she'd have to give up her Senate seat and didn't want to risk it falling into Republican hands in a runoff election. At least that's what I've heard and read. As for white women abandoning Democrats again, yeah, that's a legitimate concern, for the most part, they had little use for Hillary, and I read more than a few stories during the campaign where such women came right out and said they wouldn't vote with their you-know-what when it came to Clinton. Was that a repudiation of Clinton, or their own gender? You tell me. Meanwhile, there's no telling how women would react to Harris, Duckworth or Warren if either of them were at the top of the Dem ticket for 2020.