Page 6753 of 6983 FirstFirst ... 57536253665367036743674967506751675267536754675567566757676368036853 ... LastLast
Results 101,281 to 101,295 of 104733
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Well if I voted for Hillary I lost. I’m resentful all of you put me in a corner to be a loser. My spotless undefeated voting record died with your disaster candidate. Don’t do that to me again.
    Well, I meant you won this discussion. Politics is win or lose now.

Also, don't talk to me about getting put in the corner--I tried to avoid this situation. Talk to your protest voting friends about it.

Mighty Member

And didn't Hillary excite you? You voted for her, so I'm sure she did.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    No she didn’t. I voted for her because I figured she would win and I’d rather have “voted for first female President on my track record”, rather than “voted for Trump”. Turns out she was a loser who didn’t know how to win.

Mighty Member

Turns out she was a loser who didn’t know how to win.
    Ha, if only people could've guessed Trump would be rounding up immigrant children at the border and putting them in cages.

Ah well, maybe next election cycle.

Mighty Member

Also, you figured she would win? You're like the political expert hero of the people. If her campaign, platform, baggage and candidacy was so disastrous, surely you would've known. And you voted for her anyway? My god. I thought you didn't coddle dems acting poorly in order to strengthen the left's efforts in the future? Whoops.

Ultimate Member

I do think democrats should excite people to vote them and should not rest on the laurels of not being Trump.
    Every time I hear about Democrats -- or any politician -- needing to "excite" people I think of bread and circuses.

And to be honest, history shows that if that's what the people want from their government, then that's what they will eventually get.

The most important thing to remember in that statement, however, is that in a democracy such as ours, we are the people.

It's not the responsibility of our government to "excite" us -- it's the responsibility of the voter to stay informed, especially given the generally dishonest nature of politics in general.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 06-25-2018 at 09:13 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    The most important thing to remember in that statement, however, is that in a democracy such as ours, we are the people.

It's not the responsibility of our government to "excite" us -- it's the responsibility of the voter to stay informed, especially given the generally dishonest nature of politics in general.
    Fox News makes sure voters stay very well informed.

Extraordinary Member

Also, you figured she would win? You're like the political expert hero of the people. If her campaign, platform, baggage and candidacy was so disastrous, surely you would've known. And you voted for her anyway? My god. I thought you didn't coddle dems acting poorly in order to strengthen the left's efforts in the future? Whoops.
    It was a close election. It shouldn’t have been. That’s where her baggage came in. But thanks for making me regret it more. Something to think about next time.

Babies are being kidnapped and locked in cages and people with pre-existing conditions may soon be left to die.

But let's talk about Hillary some more...

Ultimate Member

Fox News makes sure voters stay very well informed.
    People choose to watch Fox News and believe their propaganda: no one forces them to agree with what they see on said channel. There are plenty of other news sources out there that are known to be more objective in their reporting but "objectivity" is usually not what those viewers are looking for.

Again -- it's about personal choice.

Mighty Member

It was a close election. It shouldn’t have been. That’s where her baggage came in. But thanks for making me regret it more. Something to think about next time.
    Ha, it's good to know you are regretting casting a vote for Hillary, based on your correct determination that Trump is way worse, when we are currently seeing exactly how much way worse Trump is than she would've ever been. Weird thing to regret.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    People choose to watch Fox News and believe their propaganda: no one forces them to agree with what they see on said channel. There are plenty of other news sources out there that are known to be more objective in their reporting but "objectivity" is usually not what those viewers are looking for.

Again -- it's about personal choice.
    I know. It is people's responsibility to stay informed. And some people take that seriously, and they get informed by watching the news. Fox News. 12 hours a day. And then they use that information to make their choice. And they vote for...well, we all know.

People probably should not be able to choose who runs the country.

Lobby groups control the policy anyway, so it doesn't even matter.

Extraordinary Member

Ha, it's good to know you are regretting casting a vote for Hillary, based on your correct determination that Trump is way worse, when we are currently seeing exactly how much way worse Trump is than she would've ever been. Weird thing to regret.
    I really don’t think some of you realize how many people on the left feel like they have to grit their teeth to be on the same side as you. Some of you have a real special knack for repelling people.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I know that I don't vote for candidates because they "excite" me. Sometimes they do, and that's a plus, but generally, I vote for the candidate who I think will do the best job, or at least better than any other candidate. I think television, and specifically the Kennedy/Nixon debate of 1960, started to turn politics into entertainment, and now unfortunately, some voters vote for the most entertaining candidate, regardless of whether or not they can do the job they're running for.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I can't speak for anyone else, but I know that I don't vote for candidates because they "excite" me. Sometimes they do, and that's a plus, but generally, I vote for the candidate who I think will do the best job, or at least better than any other candidate. I think television, and specifically the Kennedy/Nixon debate of 1960, started to turn politics into entertainment, and now unfortunately, some voters vote for the most entertaining candidate, regardless of whether or not they can do the job they're running for.
    The qualifications for becoming President have long since changed from the qualifications of being President.