Page 6764 of 6983 FirstFirst ... 57646264666467146754676067616762676367646765676667676768677468146864 ... LastLast
Results 101,446 to 101,460 of 104733
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    This is a pretty bad demonstration of "pwning the libs." You should really have higher standards.
    Its really all that Trump supporters have. A stupid insistence that whenever Trump does a terrible policy or makes a complete ass out of himself on the world stage , they have to jump to the whole , "Yeah teachin them libtards a lesson !" Like really ? That is your defense now ?

In the end we as a country will move forward. You can't stop progress. You can delay it as far as you can but time marches on.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Do you hear yourself? You don't make sense,you just blurt out racist and think that's enough don't you.

The way you throw it around says more about you than those you are accusing of it.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/view/artic...fested-the-gop

“We have people coming into the country, or trying to come in — and we’re stopping a lot of them — but we’re taking people out of the country,” Trump said in May. “You wouldn’t believe how bad these people are. These aren’t people. These are animals.”

Just six days ago, Trump used racially charged language again when posting about immigration on Twitter: “Democrats are the problem. They don’t care about crime and want illegal immigrants, no matter how bad they may be, to pour into and infest our Country, like MS-13.”

All of this smacks of the language Trump used when discussing immigration during the speech he gave the day he announced his presidential candidacy in the lobby of Trump Tower in 2015. “When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best,” he said. “They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”
    Trump's a racist. Sorry you can't see it.

https://twitter.com/GovMikeHuckabee/...97564435730434

Nancy Pelosi introduces her campaign committee for the take back of the House.

And look at this tweet from Fox News Person Mike Huckabee. Why, how could anyone say that Fox News is racist?

http://time.com/5320725/david-bossie-joel-payne-racist/

Former Trump Aide Apologizes for Racist Remark on Fox and Friends

Nope. I don't understand how anyone could think the people at Fox News are racist.

Ultimate Member

Anyone who ever read a Fox comment section knows the truth, regardless.

The following is from a moderated board mind you -- a lot of the most replied to racist comments had already been deleted.

-----
    "If only we would have picked our own cotton."

"It goes to show you have some black people can be so dumb, and thats Maxine Waters. I know it sounds racist but it is the truth."

"The old south was right."

"We need a WAR, we need violence, shooting and killing. It's the only way to really settle our country out at this point. You know it too deep down."

"Maxine Waters and Al Sharpton's vendetta is completely against whites.....they flat out hate whites."

"Is she that stupid? Oh, she is black. No wonder! I can forgive you, but I cannot forget you as a black woman."

"Maxine Waters needs to be deported back to Africa!"

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...s-report.html#

----

And this isn't an exception by any means -- this is the status quo as I just clicked on that story about three minutes ago.

Just imagine what those comments would be like without moderation.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 06-26-2018 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Truth, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Its really all that Trump supporters have. A stupid insistence that whenever Trump does a terrible policy or makes a complete ass out of himself on the world stage , they have to jump to the whole , "Yeah teachin them libtards a lesson !" Like really ? That is your defense now ?

In the end we as a country will move forward. You can't stop progress. You can delay it as far as you can but time marches on.
    It's too bad there's going to be a lot of needless suffering because of such impotent white rage.

Ultimate Member

Just wanted to pop in and say a lot of stuff on Fox News is pretty bigoted.

It's actually crazy some of the stuff they put out there. We just recently had Brian Kilmeade basically suggest we shouldn't care about how immigrant kids are treated because they aren't "our kids".

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

It's actually crazy some of the stuff they put out there. We just recently had Brian Kilmeade basically suggest we shouldn't care about how immigrant kids are treated because they aren't "our kids".
    Attachment 67532

Never a bad time to post this.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post

The following is from a moderated board mind you -- a lot of the most replied to racist comments had already been deleted.

-----
    "If only we would have picked our own cotton."

"It goes to show you have some black people can be so dumb, and thats Maxine Waters. I know it sounds racist but it is the truth."

"The old south was right."

"We need a WAR, we need violence, shooting and killing. It's the only way to really settle our country out at this point. You know it too deep down."

"Maxine Waters and Al Sharpton's vendetta is completely against whites.....they flat out hate whites."

"Is she that stupid? Oh, she is black. No wonder! I can forgive you, but I cannot forget you as a black woman."

"Maxine Waters needs to be deported back to Africa!"

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...s-report.html#

----

And this isn't an exception by any means -- this is the status quo as I just clicked on that story about three minutes ago.

Just imagine what those comments would be like without moderation.
    I don't know which is worse, the comments on Fox News or Yahoo News.

Those places are like safe spaces for racists.

I am an honest signal PunishedFire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    It's an ad hominem that Trump's a white nationalist? Because he pretty clearly is. "Very fine people on both sides," he says of literal Nazis in Charlottesville. "Sons of a bitches," he says of black people kneeling in NFL games to protest brutality. I mean, the sheer number of times Trump has engaged in actual racism, and you don't see it? Republican congressmen retweeting neo-nazis and you still don't see it?
    Yeah because there's no racism in those statements. You are working from a presupposition. There WERE very fine people on both sides of the protest over the statue in Charlottesville just as there were non-good people on both sides like Antifa & White supremacists. Both those groups are bad. They do not reflect the entirety of both sides.

You really think 'Trump and Putin are white nationalists' are baseless? Really? Interesting.
    Your label is meaningless and you, and folks like you, have devalued it entirely. Sad really.

I was wrong that specifically /nobody/ said that, yes. I was in error in this and left myself open to an easy shot that doesn't really change much of anything. I copped that it was a fair point, so.
    Thumbs up.

Guy, I'm saying that you're not aware of all the ways YOU benefitted in it. Nobody can see everything, and it sounds to me like you're simply unaware of how easily it could've gone bad, or how other people's circumstances /don't/ avail them of the same benefits and feel comfortable making those judgments.
    The difference is that I accept the circumstances of my decisions good and bad. You seem to want to absolve people of bad DECISIONS. Bad circumstances are bad circumstances. Bad decisions are bad decisions. It sounds like you want to take away peoples agency. I am FULLY aware of how bad things could have gone if bad decisions were made. My family has suffered dire financial straits, illness, accident and more bad circumstances but, by virtue of good decision making, they weathered them.

I do not give people a pass on bad decisions. When people CHOOSE bad things repeatedly, it does not work out well for them.

Easy example to prove my point? 70% of lottery winners end up bankrupt. They are immediately elevated to the top 1% and then utterly fail. Why? Bad decisions.

If you redistributed all the wealth in the world, in a short amount of time the formerly rich would be rich again and the formerly poor would be poor again (by and large). Would there be some variance? Oh absolutely. Would it still overwhelmingly favor the previous distribution? Yes, absolutely. Again...70% end up broke after having millions.

Bad decisions. We can try and avoid responsibility for our bad decisions, but we rarely can avoid the impact of them.

Sure, but that's not /precisely/ what I'm arguing.
    You seem to be arguing nothing at all except that everyone is a victim of circumstance. Statistical evidence over generations actually points to the fact that decisions are the biggest deciding factor for what happens to people.

Or, you know, a single illness for someone raised in more marginal circumstances.
    Dealt with it. Twice.

It sucked...and it lead to, you guessed it, having to make hard (good) decisions. Then the recovery came.

You're sure about that? Like I said, 'comfortable making those judgments'.
    Dropping out of school, repeatedly quitting jobs, having children they can't afford, spending money on things they can't afford, driving up their own debt

Yeah. I'm absolutely comfortable making judgments about behavior I've seen first hand.

I'm aware of the definition. Here's another:
    And? This has to do with private business. Not government.

If you have a policy that allows for racial discrimination, or allows for it because your ideology allows for others to be free to engage in discriminatory practices, you are engaging in racism. One does not have to personally discriminate. if you empower systemic racism, you are a racist. Fostering racism by allowing its free expression, /often but not alwaysinvisible/, allows it. Your system would eventually have us back at segregated counters, redlining, and sundown towns in no time. We know this because we were there less than a century ago. Pretending it's all fine to enable systemic racism through 'free choice' as long as you're not /personally/ discriminatory is... problematic at best.
    You just filled every spot on the bingo card.

This might shock you...but it's 2018. Not 1928.

Segregation is a bad business practice. Has been for decades. That you think the majority of people are secretly racist and just waiting for the nanny state to look away for a moment is perhaps the most "problematic" thing I've ever heard.

Hell, why would a racist country with racist people voting for a racist government, have de-segregated things in the first place? Totally illogical.

Back atcha.
    I haven't made an assertion about you being racist.

This was the excuse trotted out against black folks sitting at lunch counters, with the full support of other customers who didn't want to share a lunch counter with them. Tell me again how they'd have gone out of business? Your entire argument here is predicated on 'now adays', when it may not always be like that if you tolerate the intolerant. Popper was right.
    "Look at my black and white picture for a representation of how things are today!"

It's really not a morally complicated situation. Discrimination is wrong, and it ought not be legal. It isn't, thankfully, but the magical free market fairy doesn't solve discrimination, especially discrimination towards minorities who have less clout than those who support racism in many cases. Our supposed anti-racist majority isn't as strong as you seem to think.
    It really is. Well...then again...maybe the racism just isn't where you think it is.

I mean, when you accuse a full 50%+ of the country of being white supremacist space alien pod people cannibals because they disagree with you on something, I can understand feeling REALLY isolated. It's why I frequent a lot of different places with different opinions.

Your view isn't reality, however. The west has roundly rejected racism as a concept. Unfortunately, that means race hustlers need to invent new kinds of racism and new definitions for the word as a means to consolidate power by offering to fix it.

Oh well. Hucksters will always exist.

That's great for you but you're not really considering the difficulty your system imposes on those who are the actual subject of this discrimination. This does not surprise me at all.

You're pointing out the folly of racism while enabling it and seemingly not being super concerned for the impact on people who have to deal with it as its victims.
    As I already pointed out (though I'll forgive you if you missed it) I would err on the side of supporting business loans for those people being discriminated against in an area so that they could start their own business of that type. Market-wise, this is sound as it is catering to an untapped market and it is moral in that it does not force someone else to do something and, instead, creates a new avenue for free association. It does interrupt that "Free market fairy" you mentioned, but I wouldn't be concerned about that in that situation since it is adding competition to the market.

For some reason, you prefer to prop up racist business owners by forcing them to adopt better business practices. I prefer to compete them out of business and to enable people that would do so. It's a good investment in a business and for the community.

Of course, you can't even consider options other than you own, apparently, because you've pre-judged your own idea to be utterly righteous and anything else is "racist" or whatever.

I care for the victims of racism.

You apparently want to enrich purveyors of it so long as you can pretend the state has fixed the problem by forcing them to make more money.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

By "our kids", meaning, "they're not white". Yep, that certainly IS racist speech. Sadly, that's just the sort of vulgar nonsense Faux News viewers just LOVE hearing.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PunishedFire View Post
    Your label is meaningless and you, and folks like you, have devalued it entirely. Sad really.
    Nah, the "label" still has value -- just not to people who don't really care about dealing with it directly.

You're more than welcome to your own opinion on who is and who isn't "racist" but claiming that the label has no "value" in a world where "racists" (like Dylan Roof) are openly insulting -- and attacking -- people both online and in real life just reveals your complete lack of objectivity on the matter.

Let's just get to the bottom line -- racism (like Trump's) isn't really a problem for you "in 2018", so it's not really a problem.

Anyone who uses stereotypical terms like "race hustler" shouldn't be taken seriously anyway -- all it shows is a complete contempt for the dialogue as a whole.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 06-26-2018 at 01:55 AM.

Wow I missed alot. 2 things:

-Why engage when someone is clearly trolling to 'pwn the libs'? I know I often keep posting when I know I shouldn't, but come on guys.
    -Bigotry doesn't hurt businesses so bad, check Chick-fil-a for a more recent example.

I am an honest signal PunishedFire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Wow I missed alot. 2 things:

-Why engage when someone is clearly trolling to 'pwn the libs'? I know I often keep posting when I know I shouldn't, but come on guys.
    -Bigotry doesn't hurt businesses so bad, check Chick-fil-a for a more recent example.
    Disagreeing with someone is now "trolling" them? Ok

Sorry that you have to hear other peoples opinions.

I assume that must be hurtful.

Just block if you have that much of a problem. I engage in good faith. Don't like it? Whatever.

Disagreeing with someone is now "trolling" them? Ok

Sorry that you have to hear other peoples opinions.

I assume that must be hurtful.

Just block if you have that much of a problem. I engage in good faith. Don't like it? Whatever.
    I can block someone or not, but if they keep getting quoted them it doesn't help. BTW:

I can't wait for the massive wave of Democrat losses coming up followed by President Trump winning again in 2020.

It's going to be awesome

Also looks like Schumer is calling out repeat-most-corrupt-politician-winner Maxine Waters for her rhetoric. Can't wait until the cannibalism continues and he's accused of being a racist, sexist for doing so.

GLORIOUS
    Not disagreeing, just average trolling for angry responses from an account freshly made to do so. I live in Texas, so I'm used to hearing opinions I don't agree with and to being trolled by those who disagree with me.

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    I assume you discount Roseanne's claim that she didn't know Jarrett was a Black American, and mistook her for a person of North African descent.

I'm not claiming it's mitigating; I just want to know if you discount her story.
    Roseanne's full of s***, plain and simple.

Also, you realize you're claiming her defense of not being racist is, "Well, she didn't look black to me, just like an ape!"

Because that really doesn't make it better, does it?
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.