Page 6823 of 6983 FirstFirst ... 58236323672367736813681968206821682268236824682568266827683368736923 ... LastLast
Results 102,331 to 102,345 of 104733

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    When you factor in the disparities in representation in the Senate and the Electoral College, combined with gerrymandering and voter disenfranchisement, the votes of those in the first picture likely actually have more of an effect on winning an election than those of the bottom two.
    Dems might need to admit defeat n gerrymandering and go with it - eliminate the Republican party is solidly blue states. Not virtually eliminate it, actually do so by rigging the map. Because once conservatives get the bad side of gerrymandering on a larger scale, I'm certain the SCOTUS will finally strike it down. Provided Trump's next judge doesn't act like the last one and rule that things are different based on political affiliation.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Dems might need to admit defeat n gerrymandering and go with it - eliminate the Republican party is solidly blue states. Not virtually eliminate it, actually do so by rigging the map. Because once conservatives get the bad side of gerrymandering on a larger scale, I'm certain the SCOTUS will finally strike it down. Provided Trump's next judge doesn't act like the last one and rule that things are different based on political affiliation.
    Republican plans often rely on the knowledge that Democrats will never be as evil.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I think SCOTUS would probably work the math and see who would inevitably win that war on a national level before ever rendering a decision in favor of Dems. If it would work, I'm all for it, though. Sick of fighting fair.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Should the cops ignore the law here?
    It'd be nice if they didn't target one side - the side that promotes American values like "Fascism is garbage and fascists are terrible" - with laws intended to combat bigoted garbage people while allowing the people the law was intended to combat to gather freely and spread their vile hatred and violent rhetoric. Why do racist shitheels get freedom of speech and assembly, but a handful of protesters get assaulted by overly militarized cops for daring to wear masks to protect themselves from doxxing by proveably violent Right Wing fanatics? There were 400 pigs, and about 50 protesters at a white power rally, and the cops assaulted the protesters.

None of the protesters were violent. None appeared to be armed. These pigs acted like partisan stormtroopers, using violence and the threat of violence to silence dissent. But hey, they're cops, so as a Republican, you'll defend them as 'upholding the law', rather than rightfully decrying the harm they do to the 1st amendment by threatening protesters and protecting neo-Nazis.

White supremacists are garbage. Their ideas are garbage. Free speech is awesome, but it comes with consequences, and the pigs decided that the consequences apply only to those who think fascism is a shit idea. So yeah, I'd like to see the filth NOT selectively apply the law to oppress the free speech and right to assemble of people who are defending American ideals. I'd also stop calling them pigs and filth if they didn't act like violent thugs, presenting an overwhelming threat of violence against peaceful citizens for daring to see a problem and act on it.

You're making several errors here.

First, you're comparing unlike things. Conservatives have received death threats and nasty messages before. A man was arrested for sending death threats to the FCC Chairman yesterday. Dana Loesch, the NRA Spokesman, has publicized some fo the nastiest messages she gets.
    "Conservative" commentators have railed and wailed and gnashed their teeth about Maxine's supposed call for violence and how terrible it is that she told supporters to make Trumpians uncomfortable by confronting them. Your side is the one acting like her words are the same as actual calls for violence, not mine. Dana Loesch has ALSO got a history of using lies to dogwhistle her followers to violence against her political opponents while getting praise from the Christofascists taking over the nation.

Second, there's a difference between something that no one prominent advocates for, and something that a congresswoman supports and that media types defend.
    As to "No one prominent advocating", I guess you've never heard your guy in the Oval Office encourage violence against protesters. Against any and everyone he wants. Maxine called for her followers to 'push back' and said that Trumpians should be made to feel "they're not welcome anymore, anywhere". Not because of the color of their skin, not because of their gender/sex/sexuality. Not because of their religion, even. But because of their OBJECTIVELY HEINOUS ACTIONS since gaining power.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with encouraging your constituents to protest and make life uncomfortable for people who are actively destroying the pillars on which our country used to stand. There IS something wrong with encouraging VIOLENCE. You know this. Auntie Maxine called for people to get out there and be involved, to make the corrupt administration feel the pressure by making them uncomfortable and unwelcome during leisure activities like eating at a mexican restaurant after a hard day denying the humanity of immigrants, for example. Meanwhile, Trump regularly calls for his people to HURT OTHER PEOPLE. But, y'know...both sides. Equally bad. *Rolls eyes*

Finally, if we're looking at the nastiest partisan actions of the last few years, that would be the Bernie Sanders supporter who shot up Republican members of Congress as they were practicing for a charity baseball game.
    So ONE Bernie supporter goes on a shooting spree, and that is the "nastiest partisan action of the last few years"...Meanwhile, in REALITY:

- Your guy in the Oval Office enacted a policy of ripping kids from their parents and putting them in cages.
    - Mitch McConnell made no bones about his 'job' being to prevent Obama from accomplishing anything, not serving the American public.
    - Your guy in the Oval Office is on record, supporting 'very fine' white supremacists.
    - People on your side of the political spectrum bomb Planned Parenthood, set fire to or shoot up churches, and murder doctors while they are IN church, and then your pundits look the other way and try blaming it on the victims rather than acknowledging that it is their "Tiller the Killer"-style rhetoric that is driving already angry right wingers to commit atrocities.
    - People on your side of the political spectrum support the 'right' of ANYONE - no restrictions or regulations - to get their hands on the most destructive weapons possible, then throw their hands up and say, "Well, there was nothing we could do to stop this tragedy. Thoughts and prayers." When they aren't blaming the parents of the tragedy FOR the tragedy.
    - People on your side of the political spectrum were responsible for 59% of domestic terrorism last year. White supremacists ain't 'liberals', my friend. They vote, as a bloc, for your guys.

But one guy shooting some right wingers at a baseball game was the "nastiest partisan action of the last few years". Uh huh. Sure.
    Last edited by zinderel; 07-01-2018 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    So ONE Bernie supporter goes on a shooting spree, and that is the "nastiest partisan action of the last few years"...
    Meanwhile, your guy in the Oval Office enacted a policy of ripping kids from their parents and putting them in cages.
    Mitch McConnell made no bones about his 'job' being to prevent Obama from accomplishing anything, not serving the American public.
    Your guy in the Oval Office is on record, supporting 'very fine' white supremacists.
    Your side bombs Planned Parenthood and churches, or looks the other way when it happens and tries blaming it on 'false flag' tactics rather than acknowledging that it is their "Tiller the Killer"-style rhetoric that is driving already angry right wingers to commit atrocities.
    Your side supports the right of 'lone wolf' shooters to get their hands on the most destructive weapons possible, then throws your hands up and says "nothing we could do to stop this tragedy. Thoughts and prayers."
    Your side was responsible for 59% of domestic terrorism last year.

But one guy shooting some right wingers at a baseball game was the "nastiest partisan action of the last few years". Uh huh. Sure.
    Yeah, the shooting at the charity baseball game trumps the near daily videos we see of MAGAs calling the police on people for the crime of being black and/or verbally assaulting minorities, just like Jesus would. I wonder how many incidents there are like these that don't get caught on film.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Yeah, the shooting at the charity baseball game trumps the near daily videos we see of MAGAs calling the police on people for the crime of being black and/or verbally assaulting minorities, just like Jesus would. I wonder how many incidents there are like these that don't get caught on film.
    And those are probably the worst incidents because they’re NOT filmed.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Yeah, seriously. I don't own a cell phone, but I sometimes wish I did, like today.

I was at the store and waiting in line to pay for my groceries when a couple of scabby, greasy-looking, filthy, 'genetically superior' 'good ol' boy' types ahead of me started ragging on the cashier for being...well, they weren't sure. But she was brown, see, so she didn't deserve to be treated like a human being. They laughed at her accent, they called her various vulgar insults for Latinx people, Middle East people, etc. Now, I'm sure that, from my avatar and the way I talk in some of my posts, I seem a certain way. That's cool. I often joke that, on the inside, I'm really a 5'3" 'sissy' twink, but in reality, I am well over 6 feet tall, burly, hairy, and a generally 'Viking Hagrid' looking fellow that people have literally crossed the street to avoid. So I watched these two gap-toothed shitheels for a bit. Watched the poor woman just try doing her job in the face of withering verbal assault. Watched all the other ostensibly 'liberal' Oregonian shoppers ignoring the situation, and finally had enough.

I stepped very close to one of the two probable brother-cousins, looked down at him, and very gently told him that if he didn't apologize for being a racist shithead, he and I would be having words once we were outside. Now, I'm a pacifist, but they don't know that. And I was calm, I was polite, but I was THROUGH with being passive in the face of their bullshit. They looked at me - together, they weren't as big as I am because racism and meth use tend to go hand in hand, after all - and paid their bill and left in a hurry. Without apologizing, mind you, but they were gone, so...win. As I left the store, they drove past me in their lifted pick up truck with Confederate flag, Trump 2016, and NRA bumper stickers, and called me a faggot while flipping me off and driving away.

Real brave 'men', all of a sudden.

This is the Republican base. These are the people ALL Republicans get into bed with daily. These are who represents them to the world.
    Last edited by zinderel; 07-01-2018 at 02:25 PM.

Crowd Drops to Ground as ‘Lunatic’ Trump Supporter Brandishes Gun During Peaceful Immigration Protest in Alabama

https://www.alternet.org/crowd-drops...ration-protest

Pffft. He just waved a gun at people he disagrees with, politically. That's his right as an American patriot! I mean, it's not like he was wearing a MASK...!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Nancy Pelosi, of course, was extremely effective as Majority Leader. The ACA would most likely not have passed with a less skilled leader.
    She still needs to go. Just as you guys always tell me about Bernie, time for things to change, and the past is not the future right?

Is she the only Democratic woman capable of getting things passed? No.

Also, she might have gotten the ACA taken care of, she also helped lose over 1000 seats.
    Time to go.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    This is not the way for Democrats to overcome Republicans' political dominance. Maxine Waters and the snarky late-night comedians will only lead the Democrats to defeat.

http://ux.freep.com/story/sports/col...ing/747998002/
    Pretty sure we're not going to take that persons advice or worry about what you guys think of Late night comedians or Maxine (She's Right) Waters. You think the Right Wing can shame us into #CIVILITY again?

You guys are done with that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Civility isn't part of the equation for some -- let's always keep in mind what we're dealing with here.

This man, who is now our president, calls for Americans to fight one another in the streets over our differences.
    The GOP and Mainstream Media can keep their #civility pleas.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    She still needs to go. Just as you guys always tell me about Bernie, time for things to change, and the past is not the future right?

Is she the only Democratic woman capable of getting things passed? No.

Also, she might have gotten the ACA taken care of, she also helped lose over 1000 seats.
    Time to go.
    Pelosi was in charge during her party’s defeat to THE worst candidate EVER to run for president. PERIOD! If Nancy Nerfherder had any pride or honor, she should’ve fallen on her sword and resigned the day after the election, hell, the rank and file should’ve DEMANDED she step down if she didn’t resign, because losing to Trump was an unconscionable screwup.

BANNED

Even Poppy Harlow and David Gergen joined the Civility police.

Maxine Waters shut down the #civility nonsense.

https://twitter.com/TheRickyDavila/s...99883984093185

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Even Poppy Harlow and David Gergen joined the Civility police.

Maxine Waters shut down the #civility nonsense.

https://twitter.com/TheRickyDavila/s...99883984093185
    Kudos to Maxine for telling the Civility Police where to go! The rest of the party needs to follow in her footsteps.

BANNED

Man arrested after shouting ‘womp, womp’ and pulling a gun on immigration protesters

But But #CIVILITY Right?
    Last edited by Tazirai; 07-01-2018 at 04:01 PM.