Page 6829 of 6983 FirstFirst ... 58296329672967796819682568266827682868296830683168326833683968796929 ... LastLast
Results 102,421 to 102,435 of 104733

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Our Senate in action:

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/39...faces-backlash

I guess some people out there still have to wait to see the Swastika before they get the message.
    Not surprised at all. Ron Paul published a TON of racist garbage back in 80's, but it barely made a ripple in his presidential runs. This too shall pass. Trump'll tweet something worse to take the heat off of Paul, most likely.

Edit: Oh, well, he APOLOGIZED and passed the blame to an anonymous staffer. Just like he did with the newsletters referring to PoC's as 'animals'. Yup, this isn't a pattern of behavior or anything....

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Yeah, it's not Garrison's fault.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...n-pattern.html

This does not absolve Ron Paul or whoever runs his twitter.
    Just a reminder, Ron Paul used to send out newsletters where he'd push homophobic, anti-Semitic, and other racist content interspersed with conspiracy theories, but then use the excuse that he had no idea how that content got in there, and he didn't write it.

EDIT: Coke to zinderel.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Our Senate in action:

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/39...faces-backlash

I guess some people out there still have to wait to see the Swastika before they get the message.

Some Liberals at one time thought Ron Paul was awesome.
    Just like how they think the Good Senator from Maine, Mrs. Collins said she'd wait to see if Trumps appointee supports Precedent. How about Support Abortion Rights.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Just a reminder, Ron Paul used to send out newsletters where he'd push homophobic, anti-Semitic, and other racist content interspersed with conspiracy theories, but then use the excuse that he had no idea how that content got in there, and he didn't write it.

EDIT: Coke to zinderel.
    I'll share it with ya. Hehe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    I've told people who voted for Dubyah they were wrong and why, same as ones who voted for Perot, Nader, Romney, and more. I'll say the same of anyone who didn't vote to keep Trump out of the WH and threw their votes away on Harambe or someone else they knew would never win to make a point. Has anyone got that point yet? The posts of people complaining about how the Dems aren't doing (Or doing enough of) the things they like while **** gets increasingly worse tell me that no one ever will, on either side of the issue.
    The one I'll agree with you on 100% is Harambe, that is a 100% **** vote.
    Everything else was up to those people. Hindsight is still hindsight.
    No one pays attention to History or civics. If they did they'd know Charisma and **** policy is still ****. But through out History, people get suckered in by **** policy and charisma.

Old England, old Spain, Parts of ancient Africa, etc. This is not an unprecedented thing that happened. It happened around the world in just the last 3 years. Mugabe, Duarte, Castros, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Except it isn't. The byline is doctored, the cartoon is making the alt right rounds. Slate has an article on it, but linking isn't exactly easy on my tablet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Yeah, it's not Garrison's fault.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...n-pattern.html

This does not absolve Ron Paul or whoever runs his twitter.
    I did not realize there was a string of Garrison fakes going around. I'll have to keep an eye out for those.

Mighty Member

I've told people who voted for Dubyah they were wrong and why, same as ones who voted for Perot, Nader, Romney, and more. I'll say the same of anyone who didn't vote to keep Trump out of the WH and threw their votes away on Harambe or someone else they knew would never win to make a point. Has anyone got that point yet? The posts of people complaining about how the Dems aren't doing (Or doing enough of) the things they like while **** gets increasingly worse tell me that no one ever will, on either side of the issue.
    I do think Hillary winning would've been the least hazard-prone course the country could've taken, especially since the Green Party candidate went kind of nutty near the home stretch and the other kind of came across as a stereotypical, god-fearing right-wing heel when it came to the issues. Still, "settling" for Hillary with her own dubious stances, skeletons and affiliations (less caustic than Trump's, of course) would've left me going "hope this goes well", at best - had she won.
    Last edited by Ragged Maw; 07-02-2018 at 02:53 PM.

‘FART’ bill indicates Trump’s intention to dump WTO: report

The Trump administration has crafted a draft bill — ordered by the president — that would declare America’s abandonment of World Trade Organization rules, according to Axios, which said over the weekend that it obtained a leaked copy of the proposal.

The bill essentially provides President Donald Trump — who has argued for a better position for the U.S. in big trade pacts — a license to raise U.S. tariffs at will, without congressional consent and largely outside of the international rules governed by the WTO.

The bill, titled the “United States Fair and Reciprocal Tariff Act,” would give Trump unilateral power to ignore the two most basic principles of the WTO and negotiate one-on-one with any country. The first is the “most favored nation” (MFN) principle that stipulates countries can’t set different tariff rates for different countries outside of free trade agreements. The second pertains to “bound tariff rates,” which are the tariff ceilings that each WTO country has already agreed to in previous negotiations, according to the Axios report.

“It would be the equivalent of walking away from the WTO and our commitments there without us actually notifying our withdrawal,” said a source familiar with the bill, according to the report. “The good news is Congress would never give this authority to the president,” the source added, describing the bill as “insane.”
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Somebody is really trying to pass a FART bill?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

"The good news is Congress would never give this authority to the president,”
    Bwahahahaha!
    Sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    The one I'll agree with you on 100% is Harambe, that is a 100% **** vote.
    Everything else was up to those people. Hindsight is still hindsight.
    No one pays attention to History or civics. If they did they'd know Charisma and **** policy is still ****. But through out History, people get suckered in by **** policy and charisma.

Old England, old Spain, Parts of ancient Africa, etc. This is not an unprecedented thing that happened. It happened around the world in just the last 3 years. Mugabe, Duarte, Castros, etc.
    If no one pays attention, what's the point of a protest vote? I guess this is something we're going to continue to disagree on Taz, because if you voted for an anti-vaxxer/someone about as intelligent as Trump/someone explicitly telling his followers to vote for Clinton then you threw your vote away in a gesture no one will appreciate except you. That's beyond any smug accusations made so far in this thread by an order of magnitude IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    I do think Hillary winning would've been the least hazard-prone course the country could've taken, especially since the Green Party candidate went kind of nutty near the home stretch and the other kind of came across as a stereotypical, god-fearing right-wing heel when it came to the issues. Still, "settling" for Hillary with her own dubious stances, skeletons and affiliations (less caustic than Trump's, of course) would've left me going "hope this goes well", at best - had she won.
    I've often said, before and after the election, that it is one's duty to vote for the candidate who will win and cause the least harm. Voting for someone who intellectually everyone knew wasn't going to win isn't going to salve your conscience unless you really don't care what gets done despite your vote.

BTW Stein was nutty long before the home stretch.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

BTW Stein was nutty long before the home stretch.
    Jill Stein nutty? You don't say.

Also, Devin Nunes everybody.

LOL! Prepare to pay the highest taxes you ever have in your career!! You should have held out for more just to afford the Moonbeam weather tax!!! https://t.co/O6gZXFqZqM
    How old is he?
    Last edited by InformationGeek; 07-02-2018 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Somebody is really trying to pass a FART bill?
    What you be surprised the idea came from the White House, and they're effectively asking for Congressional Republicans to give wider powers to Trump on tariffs? Or that they're too clueless to have seen that acronym coming a mile away, and come up with a better name?

0% chance that passes. Even the biggest Trump toadies in Congress don't want to give him more power on tariffs. Most hate what he's doing already.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

From the official White House account.

.@SenKamalaHarris, why are you supporting the animals of MS-13? You must not know what ICE really does. Here is a link to help you out: https://t.co/kcrNj4aVMU
    WTF.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Some Liberals at one time thought Ron Paul was awesome.
    Just like how they think the Good Senator from Maine, Mrs. Collins said she'd wait to see if Trumps appointee supports Precedent. How about Support Abortion Rights.
    Isn't that the exact same thing in this case?