Page 6871 of 6983 FirstFirst ... 58716371677168216861686768686869687068716872687368746875688169216971 ... LastLast
Results 103,051 to 103,065 of 104733
    Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I can't watch video on my machine at work, so I don't know if the officer was white or Hispanic. However, if he's the former, then he's got a lot of 'splainin' to do.
    She didn't film him, the forest officer, only their feet, meaning could be anyone.

Republicans closing ranks around and backing Jim Jorden.

Democrats throw their members under the bus at the slightest accusation.

Republicans could be protecting someone who is guilty

Democrats could be attacking people who are innocent

Both responses are seriously flawed.

Both responses circumvent due process.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Look, I'm not saying we're becoming a rathole evil country, but...

Some migrant parents who have been reunited with their young children say the children no longer recognize them, The New York Times reported Tuesday.

The parents told the newspaper that after waiting months to see their children again, the kids cried and didn’t recognize them.

“He didn’t recognize me,” one parent, Mirce Alba Lopez, told the Times of her 3-year-old son. “My joy turned temporarily to sadness.”
    The parents also said the children believed that the other children they were detained with were their siblings.

The families who spoke with the Times were reunited Tuesday after a court ordered the Trump administration to reunify the families separated at the border under a since-ended administration policy.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    I didn't "want" you to do anything -- you're the one who chooses to step into the devil's advocate role every time these issues come up. I'm not here to defend Democrats because that's not my goal -- I don't even like talking politics but the Republican party has made it a matter of virtual self-defense at this point.

If it were up to me, I'd rather you take up the other posters' request to talk about music than debate the "pro-black/white guilt radicalism" behind the recent Black Panther film but as we all know by now, you will do you, as expected.

That said, if you want more info, it's out there -- my point was that Republican obstructionism was what shot down Obama's bipartisan immigration bill that had already passed the Senate.

What's the point of talking "measures" and "compromise" when the opposition won't even come to the table for a vote -- none, which is why I didn't bother.
    The gist of our disagreement, then, is that I don't think obstructionism adequately explains the long history of gridlock between the two parties regarding the maintenance of border security.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    This is why you can't have honest conversations with Conservatives, they are Snowflakes, and they can't handle a real honest debate where they can't just LIE!

Then Carol Costello plays the "Oh! Let's not be mean to them game."

Perfect example of how cowardly corporate media is. I particularly like the contrast presented between 'objectivity' and 'neutrality'. I long for a day when objectivity rules the media, rathervthan neutrality...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    The gist of our disagreement, then, is that I don't think obstructionism adequately explains the long history of gridlock between the two parties regarding the maintenance of border security.
    I figured that... which is why I won't post any more detailed replies to you that include facts that back up my assertions -- if I reply at all.

No point in wasting my time -- changing your opinion doesn't resolve anything I'm concerned about regardless.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 07-11-2018 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Oh he'll no it wouldn't. Your supposed to serve the citizens. That means standing up to others when some one is in trouble, regardless of your bigoted views.
    Precisely. That’s why I was baffled that you and the Punisher seemed to phrase things as if it made a difference if officer white or Hispanic.
    Last edited by JackDaw; 07-11-2018 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    I figured that... which is why I won't post any more detailed replies to you that include facts that back up my assertions -- if I reply at all.

No point in wasting my time -- changing your opinion doesn't resolve anything I'm concerned about regardless.
    Don't omit the detail that what I wanted was more detail than the cited essay carried.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    Don't omit the detail that what I wanted was more detail than the cited essay carried.
    To be fair -- it's a legit misunderstanding.

Peace.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    Precisely. That’s why I was baffled that you and the Punisher seemed to phrase things as if it made a difference if officer white or Hispanic.
    The instances of white cops showing bias, if not outright bigotry towards people of color like myself are almost legion, and that taints my viewpoint towards them. And while I try not to biased against white cops since only a tiny number of them are badge wearing thugs with axes to grind against blacks or other minorities, I’ll admit it’s hard to remain neutral.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

England is out of the World Cup. That leaves Croatia vs France. So much for a Chunnel Game.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The instances of white cops showing bias, if not outright bigotry towards people of color like myself are almost legion, and that taints my viewpoint towards them. And while I try not to biased against white cops since only a tiny number of them are badge wearing thugs with axes to grind against blacks or other minorities, I’ll admit it’s hard to remain neutral.
    Profond sympathy. In a perfect world it really wouldn't matter a gnat's gonad what colour or race anybody was. But we both know our world is a wee bit different.

But essentially I don't see any real difference between a Mexican cop giving a Puerto Rican grief for no reason other than the latter's nationality, and a white cop giving somebody grief for just not being white. The cop ought to be in same amount of trouble either way, I think.
    Last edited by JackDaw; 07-11-2018 at 02:06 PM.

So all of Democrat's cries that crossing the border is barely a crime at all and should never be treated this harshly has finally been met with the reply of "We'll just MAKE IT a crime that we can punish this harshly!" and then just continuing to do what they're doing. How very predictable.

So, how long until it becomes a death penalty offense?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Making someone feel uncomfortable is not a crime. However, police officers are fully within their rights and responsibilities to be proactive and try to break it up before it becomes violent.
    He did more than that as the video showed, and which is why Officer McDonothing is on "PAID" desk duty. He shoulda been cut loose. Dude was drunk and could have proved a threat physically. I'm gonna go out of my way and say she's not a fighter. So it was his job to de-escalate. If she was white and dude was black, Black woulda been tased or dead.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    England is out of the World Cup. That leaves Croatia vs France. So much for a Chunnel Game.
    Been a fan of France since FIFA '98 on the N64 -- the real team lived up to the stats on the game.

Loved seeing Suarez get knocked out but hated seeing England lose to Croatia -- makes it a lot easier to pick a fave in the Final though.

Wonder how much of that frustration will transfer over to the Trump protest -- not that the Brits need any more reason to be angry with the man.

------
    "Americans in UK warned to keep 'low profile' during Trump visit"

"The U.S. Embassy in London issued an alert on Tuesday to Americans in the British capital, warning them to keep a low profile during President Donald Trump’s visit later this week in case protests against him turn violent...."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1K01X5
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 07-11-2018 at 03:05 PM.