Page 7 of 6983 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117571075071007 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Yeah, that's what always comes to mind when the rest of the developed world considers American gun laws. How very well they're working.
    This particular laws works very very well, the results prove it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    What makes me sad (well, one of the things that makes me sad) about this situation is I'm not sure even Putin would be bold enough to do this if the US hadn't set the precedent of preemptive war with the invasion of Iraq. It's not nearly the same situation, but it's kind of hard for us to take the moral high ground given the flimsy excuses we used and how that situation turned out.
    Like waterboarding. Slippery when wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikekerr3 View Post
    And here is another judge being an idiot, from Texas
    Rapist of14 year old, gets a slap on the wrist, and the victim attacked by the Judge

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5251116.html

You cant even blame conservative Republicans for this one
    Absolutely disgusting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Yeah, that's what always comes to mind when the rest of the developed world considers American gun laws. How very well they're working.
    The media likes sensationalism so of course foreigners don't get a lot of the nuances on the issue.

David Barton, Evangelical Christian Leader, former Co-Chair of the Texas Republican Party, and frequent respected guest of Mike Huckabee and Glenn Beck has stated his opinion that American Women should be stripped of the right to vote.

If you go, "Well, this guy isn't an elected official. That's not really news."

I'll point out, David Barton was exposed as a fraud as an author a few years back, but still allowed to help write the Republican Party Platform at the 2012 GOP Convention.

Now, I'm sure the Republicans will go back to assuring everyone that "There's no War on Women," and hoping no one noticed this guy.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

And here is another judge being an idiot, from Texas
    Rapist of14 year old, gets a slap on the wrist, and the victim attacked by the Judge

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5251116.html

You cant even blame conservative Republicans for this one
    Wow. Female judge too. What is wrong with some people?

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

Well, they DID say "Texas".
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

Something similar happened in Idaho last year. I believe that sentence was recently vacated and replaced with something sane.

Yup, here's the story on HuffPo: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5241216.html

I don't know if Texas law allows something similar.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

https://www.americarisingpac.org/dem..._content=arpac

Democrat Scott Peters Posts Article Calling Openly Gay Opponent “Mary”

And he is continuing to do it on twitter and trying to Justify his actions

https://twitter.com/Timodc/status/463710093515976704

Quote Originally Posted by heretic View Post
    Obviously, an honest investigation into a homicide is a sign that the Police are a danger to the political stability of the nation (he says in a voice dripping with sarcasm).
    Adams has been let go, the police saying there's not enough evidence - and Adams is decrying the timing (he handed himself in!) and that they should have been "more discreet", a political bigwig is saying the police should be "discreet" and consider elections when arresting a political bigwig. Just days after it's been made clear what being discreet about Cyril Smith's alleged child raping got us.

What a dick.

Since there have ben a total of two acts of violence commuted b with NFA registered guns ,bout a quarter of a million of them, since 1934 the regulation seems to have been quite adequate. Both of those were commited by people that would have easily met the proposed requirements anyway

Do you have any idea what is required already to register something under the NFA now, or are you just guessing?
    That you know of. Listen, we've been down this road. We know there's guns being sold which were obtained legally and are being sold in the black market. You have a serious problem in the US, so deal with it.

The militant Islamic group Boko Harem in Nigeria have abducted more girls after the girls they abducted in April. They threaten to sell these girls on the black market to slavers, paedophiles and anyone willing to buy young girls. This group also killed young boys in two separate incidents earlier this year.

The media is slowly waking up to the full horror of this story, and governments are trying to help but the corruption of the Nigerian government doesn't help. It's a appalling situation that's exceptionally complex, not to mention it's dealing with issues that the left (how to deal with militant Islam) and the right (accepting aid to the Third World is needed to try to help stop these things) are struggling with.

Spectacular Member Puppetmaker Grae's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Charles RB View Post
    Adams has been let go, the police saying there's not enough evidence - and Adams is decrying the timing (he handed himself in!) and that they should have been "more discreet", a political bigwig is saying the police should be "discreet" and consider elections when arresting a political bigwig. Just days after it's been made clear what being discreet about Cyril Smith's alleged child raping got us.

What a dick.
    What I'm taking from this, is that you can't continually call for investigations into crimes by the security forces and the loyalist terror groups but then throw a hissy-fit when the police that you have previously supported also continue to investigate crimes by your own side. Especially given the recent revelations of the letters granting tacit immunity from prosecution to the on-the-runs. Even more so, since apparently a proposal of blanket immunity for all sides was apparently rejected by Sinn Fein during negotiations outlining the peace process.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arundel Armor Hunter View Post
    The media likes sensationalism so of course foreigners don't get a lot of the nuances on the issue.
    You have something like at least twice the per capita rate of gun deaths of the next developed country. That'll always trump any "nuance" any one pulls out of their hindquarters...

Quote Originally Posted by king mob View Post
    The militant Islamic group Boko Harem in Nigeria have abducted more girls after the girls they abducted in April. They threaten to sell these girls on the black market to slavers, paedophiles and anyone willing to buy young girls. This group also killed young boys in two separate incidents earlier this year.

The media is slowly waking up to the full horror of this story, and governments are trying to help but the corruption of the Nigerian government doesn't help. It's a appalling situation that's exceptionally complex, not to mention it's dealing with issues that the left (how to deal with militant Islam) and the right (accepting aid to the Third World is needed to try to help stop these things) are struggling with.
    Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau released a video on Monday confirming that his group had abducted them.

"God instructed me to sell them, they are his properties and I will carry out his instructions," he said.
    Appalling. Why are these bastards still above ground?
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe