Page 872 of 6983 FirstFirst ... 37277282286286886987087187287387487587688292297213721872 ... LastLast
Results 13,066 to 13,080 of 104733

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Oh the joys of dealing with the government. I need a copy of my birth certificate to renew my photo ID, but I need a valid photo ID to get a copy of my birth certificate. I don't even know...
    I was there not long ago, but was able to find my birth certificate. Contact the office of vital records?

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I was there not long ago, but was able to find my birth certificate. Contact the office of vital records?
    The problem is I'm dealing with 2 different states with seemingly contradictory rules.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Oh the joys of dealing with the government. I need a copy of my birth certificate to renew my photo ID, but I need a valid photo ID to get a copy of my birth certificate. I don't even know...
    OMG, I had to go though this exact same thing a few years back. My place was robbed and my I.D., Birth Certificate, and SS card had been stolen. If you can get one of your parents to request a birth certificate for you and then use it get your I.D. I found that was the quickest easiest way to do it.

It shouldn't be that difficult. A few months ago I helped a friend get a copy of their birth certificate and I just searched for it for the state they were born in filled out a form online and had in in a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    OMG, I had to go though this exact same thing a few years back. My place was robbed and my I.D., Birth Certificate, and SS card had been stolen. If you can get one of your parents to request a birth certificate for you and then use it get your I.D. I found that was the quickest easiest way to do it.
    Yeah, the parents should be able to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Vetter View Post
    It shouldn't be that difficult. A few months ago I helped a friend get a copy of their birth certificate and I just searched for it for the state they were born in filled out a form online and had in in a week.
    Getting a birth certificate in and of itself isn't difficult, getting one without your I.D. can be difficult because you often need your birth certificate to get you I.D....

He should have a much easier time than I had though since he still has his SS card.

If you lose all three of those things it is a pain in the ass getting them all back.

When I was moving, I lost my wallet. Which had my ID, Social Security card...

Quote Originally Posted by emac1790 View Post
    This is what you said..

I think I answered that with the link and the first few paragraphs quoted from said link. The outcome of the majority of these police encounters is a dead Black person.
    If this was the case, for every police encounter with a violent (mentally ill or otherwise) black person that does not end in the death of the black person, there would have to be at least one encounter that does end with the death of a black person.

Too many such encounters end in death, but that seems really unlikely.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by bert View Post
    What's wrong w/ Judge Pirro?

I like her from what I've seen.
    You were saying?

After using air quotes when she references the "minority community", Judge Jeanine Pirro claims that they need to "be trained" to be "more sensitive" to police.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    that's rather disappointing.

thought she was better than that.
    A sandwich is a sandwich, but a Manwich is a meal

"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll...yo5eo1_400.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    If this was the case, for every police encounter with a violent (mentally ill or otherwise) black person that does not end in the death of the black person, there would have to be at least one encounter that does end with the death of a black person.

Too many such encounters end in death, but that seems really unlikely.
    The basic argument is that a disproportionate amount of people of color wind up getting killed by the police. We don't actually know how many because police shootings in this country are poorly tracked.

You can quibble over word choices, of course, by individual posters when they use 'majority', but the facts remain that blacks are over thirty times more likely to be killed by police than whites in similar situations just based on what we know, and that is by any stretch of the imagination a completely unacceptable number, let alone getting into the fact that the police are killing so many god damn people in the first place, which is also completely unacceptable.

There's only one real answer for why people of color, however, suffer such a disproportionate level of that violence, and it isn't because they're 'more likely to be violent' with the cops.

91 people died to police violence in January of 2015.

/91/.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 04-14-2015 at 09:57 PM.

Who are going to protect people from the police?

Quote Originally Posted by bert View Post
    that's rather disappointing.

thought she was better than that.
    At the end of the day, I reckon, when Rupert Murdoch is signing your checks...
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by GoingPostal View Post
    Who are going to protect people from the police?
    That's part of why some people defend the 2nd amendment so fiercely.

But as we've seen historically there's an unwritten rule that the second amendment doesn't apply to black people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    That's part of why some people defend the 2nd amendment so fiercely.

But as we've seen historically there's an unwritten rule that the second amendment doesn't apply to black people.
    White peole shoot up WalMart with a BB gun and live.

Black person holds a BB gun in a Walmart and dies.