Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Characters that are personal enemies of Wonder Woman are not ordinary citizens, and Veronica Cale did run into at least one god.

Wait, Circe is/was a god, right? She did meet several characters who have met gods.
    Circe was just a witch during that run i believe none the less I find it hard to believe that given all she saw that she wouldnt know that Gods exist

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite's Champion View Post
    Circe was just a witch during that run i believe none the less I find it hard to believe that given all she saw that she wouldnt know that Gods exist
    It would be possible for her to dismiss the gods as really powerful aliens like Superman or the Martian Manhunter.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It would be possible for her to dismiss the gods as really powerful aliens like Superman or the Martian Manhunter.
    Sure, but at some point, one really has to ask "What's the difference?"
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Sure, just like a sceptic character can dismiss magic as just tech we don't understand yet. It might even be true in some universes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite's Champion View Post
    Cale would probably work better if she was an extremist christian tbh. i think atheist!Lex makes sense at least in bvs but for Dianas world i think most of her characters work better acknowledging the presence of other worldy stuff esp since Diana is one of those other worldly things.
    That's intriguing, particularly if you play fair with the character internally, and not have her stoop to outright villainy. Trying to destroy Diana with a PR war? Bring her down by weakening Diana's own faith?

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    That's intriguing, particularly if you play fair with the character internally, and not have her stoop to outright villainy. Trying to destroy Diana with a PR war? Bring her down by weakening Diana's own faith?
    That could work. I mentioned before that Cale could be reinvented as a character similar to J Jonah Jameson. Someone who opposes the hero without being villainous.

That could work. I mentioned before that Cale could be reinvented as a character similar to J Jonah Jameson. Someone who opposes the hero without being villainous.
    Not the best example. Jameson is VERY villainous. He helped create several of Spidey's supervillains and has tried to kill him many times. Just never by his own direct action.

But your idea is a valid one. Maybe Cale doesn't really want to kill or even hurt Diana. She just wants to prove herself superior to "Miss Perfect Goddess."

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Not the best example. Jameson is VERY villainous. He helped create several of Spidey's supervillains and has tried to kill him many times. Just never by his own direct action.

But your idea is a valid one. Maybe Cale doesn't really want to kill or even hurt Diana. She just wants to prove herself superior to "Miss Perfect Goddess."
    Several? Outside of the Scorpion and the Spider-Slayers, I don't remember him creating any super villains.

Several? Outside of the Scorpion and the Spider-Slayers, I don't remember him creating any super villains.
    Isn't that enough? He created one villain, who has tried to kill Spidey many times, and he created and entire group of threats called the Spider SLAYERS. Any way you slice it, Jameson has been actively involved in plots to murder Spider-Man. That's villainous.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Isn't that enough? He created one villain, who has tried to kill Spidey many times, and he created and entire group of threats called the Spider SLAYERS. Any way you slice it, Jameson has been actively involved in plots to murder Spider-Man. That's villainous.
    Good points.