Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-New Member

Default where are firestorm and hawkman?

Are Firestorm and Hawkman appearing in any current DC titles?

Mighty Member

Firestorm is supposed to get a mini early next year written by Gerry Conway, but that hasn't been solicited yet. Hawkman hasn't been appearing anywhere as far as I know.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Firestorm got beat up by the politically charged shadow monsters that the entire Superman line is dealing with. Can't believe I just typed that as a serious sentence.

Hawkman hasn't been around at all.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I really hope they don't consider rebooting Hawkman again for the millionth time. That's never done the character in favors.

My guess is the reincarnation Hawk people will be back in the New 52. The thanagarian hawkman might turn out to be a criminal.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Where are the JSA members? What happened to Ted Grant aka Wildcat?

For the New 52, Hawkman had his own title that ran until issue #20 before it got cancelled back in 2013.
    He's also shown up in Justice League of America, Justice League United, Bat-Mite, Futures End, and Convergence.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver Matthew Logan1962 View Post
    Where are the JSA members? What happened to Ted Grant aka Wildcat?
    Replaced with Earth 2 versions. Or not used at all in the New52. In the case of Ted Grant.

All-New Member

thanks for all the good info, everybody!! I guess I'll check out the current Earth 2 title and see what is going on there. Anyhow, so, Firestorm and Hawkman are currently NOT appearing in any titles? Too bad. Hope we get to see them soon. I'd like to especially see Firestorm in a regular title, even if it is a team title. But I'll still take a mini if that's all they throw us.

penetrator of things

Quote Originally Posted by Darrin Kelley View Post
    Replaced with Earth 2 versions. Or not used at all in the New52. In the case of Ted Grant.
    Ted did appear on Earth 2. He inspired Dick Grayson to become Batman while wearing a cowl that resembles wildcat's cat face.
    hi my name is tako and i like to grow leeks
    @takoleeks

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by flex lamont View Post
    thanks for all the good info, everybody!! I guess I'll check out the current Earth 2 title and see what is going on there. Anyhow, so, Firestorm and Hawkman are currently NOT appearing in any titles? Too bad. Hope we get to see them soon. I'd like to especially see Firestorm in a regular title, even if it is a team title. But I'll still take a mini if that's all they throw us.
    Last I saw of Firestom he got taken out as an intro in one of the Superman books, a few issues back. I cant recall which one off the top of my head. In fact, since then I have kept wondering how and when they were going to resolve that.

Astonishing Member

They're at home.... Washing Their Tights!! Ha ha ha ha Ha.... and so forth

Spectacular Member

The last we saw Hawkman, I think he was killed in an issue of JLU. Bet he will be back soon. DC never seems to know what to do with him, sadly.

I'm surprised Hawkman has been dead this long. I seriously thought he would be back the next issue as coming back from the dead is practically part of his origin.

I really like when Geoff Johns did with him in the early 2000s by tying his reincarnations to Thanagar, allowing both origins to kind of exist side by side. I do prefer the reincarnation angle. It's very unique. There's not another character in comics like him as opposed to a Space Cop, where he'll always be second to Green Lantern.

Quote Originally Posted by bholderman View Post
    Last I saw of Firestom he got taken out as an intro in one of the Superman books, a few issues back. I cant recall which one off the top of my head. In fact, since then I have kept wondering how and when they were going to resolve that.
    Superman/Wonder Woman. Probably in SM/WW #23-24.