Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    It doesn't even need to be slash fiction, he could probably just recite the normal books and achieve the same effect. Edward is going to be thinking "okay, yeah even I think these are creepy, why did I ever watch her sleep?".
    Poor Bourne won't even have time to do that before his head leaves his body.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by abmccray View Post
    Poor Bourne. This is a ridiculous stomp, either way. Twi vamps have super speed and strength durability on top of psychic powers and no real vampire weaknesses. Their weakness is basically that a stronger being (or big enough explosion, I guess) has to destroy them, essentially. Any prep that Bourne does, which is just "big weapons" can be negated by super speed and telepathy.
    I'm thinking about watching the first Bourne movie soon (only for the sake of versus research and the Transporter for fun)...

I'm wondering everytime I make a thread of Bourne vs someone who's well above just peak/normal human, and give Bourne prep, what's the strongest thing Bourne can prep and what exactly does "prep" mean in this context? Is is just him stocking up all his standard equipment and just mentally preparing to fight someone or is him getting whatever strongest things he has shown to get by feats?

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

If you make it a scenario, like "They are going through Marvel New York" or something, I could see him setting traps. In the Arena that's probably out.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Strongest things he could reasonably get in his universe, which is pretty much "our world" balanced with what he's already gotten. So, you couldn't figure him on getting, say, a nuke with limited prep, but a rocket launcher or claymores or something with the amount of stealth techniques he's used? Sure.

This kinds of shifts when it comes to comic characters because, due to shared universes, they can get stuff they shouldn't have from other characters. So we typically have to be more specific; ie. "no Batman can't borrow boom tubes, Green Lantern rings, phantom zone projectors, or magical upgrades even though he could reasonably get them in his world and has owned some of those things for long periods at a time in his own books. Just stuff that he and Wayne Corp can reasonably get or make."
    Last edited by abmccray; 06-09-2014 at 01:24 PM.

BANNED

^ Can Bourne actually get a nuke?

And going by that logic, if we had extensive prep against a low-tier superhuman/meta-human being or person, does that mean given the right time, conditions, and circumstances, we can find nukes, missile launchers, etc. to beat this character if said character could be harmed by them?

I'm just trying to see how we measure a character's ability or level of being "prepsters".

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

In a movie? It wouldn't shock the audience if Bourne managed a setup that culminated with him holding some kind of WMD. Just look at his "invade the CIA" action.

By Rumbles rules, prep wouldn't grant him a nuke, no.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    In a movie? It wouldn't shock the audience if Bourne managed a setup that culminated with him holding some kind of WMD. Just look at his "invade the CIA" action.

By Rumbles rules, prep wouldn't grant him a nuke, no.
    Okay so in other words, when you say "in a movie?" and that "it wouldn't shock the audience", are you trying to use plot or use the basis of it being a "scenario" battle rather than an "arena" battle to say how Bourne would win against a low-end metahuman in a crossover fight.

Errrr Bourne gets murdered.

Badly.

Really badly.

Unless you spot him something behold the normal world in which Bourne exists.

Becuase despite Twilight being Twilight, their vamps are not to be sneezed at.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Errrr Bourne gets murdered.

Badly.

Really badly.

Unless you spot him something behold the normal world in which Bourne exists.

Becuase despite Twilight being Twilight, their vamps are not to be sneezed at.
    how long would Bourne last against the Twi-vamps with full prep?

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Sniper View Post
    how long would Bourne last against the Twi-vamps with full prep?
    Again, completely depends on what you're giving him.

In an arena match though against, say, just the Cullens? Alice has pre-cog and Edward has mind reading, they'll know what he's gonna do before he even does it, there is a bunch of them and they are super fast. I don't see him doing too well.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

If you give him one-sided prep, significant one-sided prep, he should be able to come up with something like claymores, or make his own. Make them motion-sensitive (seriously, not that tough), and the Twivamps kill themselves charging him, or are just stuck across the arena, and he can start chucking grenades or something. That's about his only chance, and even that's assuming that such things would kill Twivamps (which I have no idea, never having seen or read a Twilight, er, anything).

BANNED

^ so it's all about giving Bourne one-sided prep and giving the low-tier metahuman characters absolutely that gives Bourne the slightest chance against said metahuman characters?

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Sniper View Post
    ^ so it's all about giving Bourne one-sided prep and giving the low-tier metahuman characters absolutely that gives Bourne the slightest chance against said metahuman characters?
    Like the vast majority of battles with non metas against metas with pretty impressive speed, durability and strength, yes. The OP offered three modes - HtH, no prep, and with prep. In the first two, Bourne is dead before he knows the fight has started. In the last, he might have some outside chance to do something - I mean, the claymore solution could work out, but that's seriously it. If he's got one-sided prep, he can probably take it with that strategy more consistently.

But at the end of the day, this is a fight between fast strong durable superhumans and a guy who is faster, stronger, more durable and much more skilled than any real world human, but who is still not even close to his foes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    If you make it a scenario, like "They are going through Marvel New York" or something, I could see him setting traps. In the Arena that's probably out.
    Why would him going through specifically Marvel New York make any difference? He has zero actual resources of his own in Marvel. We don't allow people with prep to just go steal shit. It's also not like Edward's telepathy would cease to function in Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Why would him going through specifically Marvel New York make any difference? He has zero actual resources of his own in Marvel. We don't allow people with prep to just go steal shit. It's also not like Edward's telepathy would cease to function in Marvel.
    And his sister has Pre Cog, so the motion sensor bomb strategy is shot there.