Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Loved it. Karnack looks like an old tramp, but the look suits him.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    The cliffhanger ending was pretty ho-hum
    I actually loved the ending, precisely because it wasn't a cliffhanger - not in the "how will our intrepid hero get himself out of this situation" way. It doesn't patronize the reader by pretending all is dire, only to solve the predicament painlessly first thing next issue, nor does it rely on waiting til the last minute to spring a cheap shock twist. It just says "more of this awesomeness next week, you know you want it."

This was great, definitely one of my most anticipated titles in the new lineup after SW and the first issue
    did not disappoint.

And I absolutely <3 that the characters from MCU Agents of Shield are showing up in the plots of
    comics.

Quote Originally Posted by shgs View Post
    I actually loved the ending, precisely because it wasn't a cliffhanger - not in the "how will our intrepid hero get himself out of this situation" way. It doesn't patronize the reader by pretending all is dire, only to solve the predicament painlessly first thing next issue, nor does it rely on waiting til the last minute to spring a cheap shock twist. It just says "more of this awesomeness next week, you know you want it."
    Exactly this. I was smiling at how fast he took out that base. Even chopped dudes head off with one strike.

This Karnak is not messing around.

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

That liver shot in the interrogation scene was NUTS! I loved it!! A Fantastic start to a piece of Inhuman lore that will go down in history!
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

It was like reading Nietzche and watching old kung-fu movies ... at the same time.
    My fan fiction:

The Outstanding, a fan fic Universe where Marvel characters and stories are reshaped, revised and retold. Check it out!

The Ultimate Flash, where I take inspiration from classic Silver-Age Comics of Barry Allen and the new CW TV Show to give an old character a new spin! Click here to read!

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away the Marvel and Star Wars Universe combine! Check out Marvel: Star Wars' first family, the Fantastic Four! Read it here!

I like this take on the character. It makes sense that Karnak would be an ultra-nihilist considering the entirety of his world is just seeing how objects, structures, and systems are fundamentally flawed and easily broken down. One problem with this book in the long run however will be consistently providing challenges for Karnak. Though, and I'm not kidding here at all, I would like to see a genuine love story arc at some point. With a meet-cute and dating and everything. But with Karnak as this super intense nihilist. That may sound kind of stupid, but it would blow my mind.

It wouldn't even have to last. Just one really weird arc of Karnak trying to date.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    I like this take on the character. It makes sense that Karnak would be an ultra-nihilist considering the entirety of his world is just seeing how objects, structures, and systems are fundamentally flawed and easily broken down. One problem with this book in the long run however will be consistently providing challenges for Karnak. Though, and I'm not kidding here at all, I would like to see a genuine love story arc at some point. With a meet-cute and dating and everything. But with Karnak as this super intense nihilist. That may sound kind of stupid, but it would blow my mind.

It wouldn't even have to last. Just one really weird arc of Karnak trying to date.
    That would be so awesome. I'd love to see who could stand a chance dealing with a guy like Karnak.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    That would be so awesome. I'd love to see who could stand a chance dealing with a guy like Karnak.
    I want the girl to just not be that in to him. I want to see him dealing with a broken heart. Which would also lead to (for me) an interesting story of a supernihilist getting over a broken heart. Like does he throw himself into work? Does he become hyper self-critical? Does he doubt himself and lose his abilities? Who knows, but I wnat to see it.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 10-23-2015 at 06:28 AM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

BANNED

I believe Karnak has taken a vow of celibacy durring his time as a monk/high priest of the Inhumans. Which admittedly, would have no effect on him falling for someone but might influence him actually acting on it. It could be interesting interesting take.

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    I believe Karnak has taken a vow of celibacy durring his time as a monk/high priest of the Inhumans. Which admittedly, would have no effect on him falling for someone but might influence him actually acting on it. It could be interesting interesting take.
    There's a flaw in everything, right?

Just an idea based on this take of the character. If Ellis doesn't explore it I'd love to see a similiar idea tackled (with a like minded character) at another time.
    Pull List:

Karnak did say in this issue that love was for those who needed to believe in a softer world. Foreshadowing maybe?
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Karnak did say in this issue that love was for those who needed to believe in a softer world. Foreshadowing maybe?
    Who knows!

Gotta say, I'm glad to see people entertaining this line of thought/story idea rather than just saying, "LOL. You're dumb, Dummy." When I suggested it I was serious but didn't expect it would resonate with anyone else, at all, on any level.
    Pull List:

Who knows!

Gotta say, I'm glad to see people entertaining this line of thought/story idea rather than just saying, "LOL. You're dumb, Dummy." When I suggested it I was serious but didn't expect it would resonate with anyone else, at all, on any level.
    It'd definitely be interesting in looking into the mind of Karnak and by extension Ellis and seeing him try to make sense of love. Knowing Ellis's exploration of nihilism, it can only end with the confirmation that love is just a savage, primitive reaction based on chemicals in the brain and being at the mercy of your own uncontrollable emotions. Would be interesting to see how Karnak reacts, but I can't see it ending any other way than heartbreak.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

When I suggested it I was serious but didn't expect it would resonate with anyone else, at all, on any level.
    No, it's actually a premise with a lot of depth. What is a more sneaky, devastating and persistent vulnerability than falling in love and having it hurt?

I can't think of one.

Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    No, it's actually a premise with a lot of depth. What is a more sneaky, devastating and persistent vulnerability than falling in love and having it hurt?

I can't think of one.
    I also think that the ability to find flaws in things is an inherently hyper rational concept. A flaw suggests that something was specifically designed and Karnak's ability to hone in on one specific or a series of design flaws thus the "machine" breaks down in a logical manner; there is a point A to B. Love on the otherhand isn't rational. It's hard to explain and when it falls apart there can be both internal and external reasons. Or in the mind of the person who is left heartbroken it can seem completely irrational and that there was no reason. It would be a very cool character study to see Karnak grapple with something like that.

Well, the idea is out there now so someone who is a better writer than I feel free to run with it.
    Pull List: