Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jim Lee

Extraordinary Member

Default Jim Lee

So what do you think Jim Lee's best runs are? Or your favorites. In no particular order I'd say

X-Men
    Wild C.A.T.s
    Divine Right
    I like his Batman but think it's to over embellished at times, his all star was better.
    Justice League
    Superman Unchained

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Massive fan of his War Journal run, it got me into collecting comics. His X-Men stuff is second. In my opinion Gregory Wright was his best collaborator, and I wish Lee still worked with flat colors.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Best thing he's ever done was a short story with Garth Ennis for Vertigo's Weird War Tales Special. It was a huge leap forward for his style, but he never really pursued it otherwise beyond a few pin-up pages.

I read his WildC.A.T.s run. The first arc was really good IMHO (notice that John Lynch debuted in the first issue before any of the C.A.T.s save Void? That leads credence to my theory that Lynch is the true main character and lynchpin, if you will, of the WildStorm Universe). The Killer Instinct crossover arc with Cyber Force was okay, but I kinda liked Silvestri's parts more than Lee's. The two-part Bermuda Triangle was alright, and I thought the arc written by Claremont was good, but Claremont's Huntsman characters added nothing (and while I'm at it, Claremont's Cyber Force arc gave more quality time to his cop characters Alysande Morales and Thomas Costello, but Huntsman and co. were still pretty much unnecessary).

I also liked the Gen 13 miniseries he did with J. Scott Campbell and Brandon Choi.

Incredible Member

I love Jim Lee's Batman work.

I love his X-Men work, but that's about it.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Pretty much just X-Men and Alpha Flight
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

EVERYTHING!! Jim Lee always rocks
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    EVERYTHING!! Jim Lee always rocks
    Even Superman Unchained? I had for you a guy with an exquisite taste for comics, victor. Don't let me down.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Even Superman Unchained? I had for you a guy with an exquisite taste for comics, victor. Don't let me down.
    Haha, I don't know, I haven't read it yet. I might get it in trade sometime but II'm not really feeling New52 Superman. I really hope Jim Lee hasn't lost his touch then, he was one of my favorite artists. Might have to check some preview art.

To get back on the subject, I feel his Batman work is outstanding and I know Hush wouldn't be so acclaimed (And All star Batman and Robin wouldn't be worth buying) if they hadn't had great Jim Lee art. Just got Absolute Hush, goddamn, his art looks so nice.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

I looked up Superman Unchained, the art doesn't look bad but it isn't top Lee.
    This

Just isn't this

Haha, I don't know, I haven't read it yet. I might get it in trade sometime but II'm not really feeling New52 Superman. I really hope Jim Lee hasn't lost his touch then, he was one of my favorite artists. Might have to check some preview art.

To get back on the subject, I feel his Batman work is outstanding and I know Hush wouldn't be so acclaimed (And All star Batman and Robin wouldn't be worth buying) if they hadn't had great Jim Lee art. Just got Absolute Hush, goddamn, his art looks so nice.
    ASBAR is worth buying just for the script.

Back to topic, I think that Unchained is very bad. It's like Lee and Snyder said, "let's do a book whith all our flaws and none of our strengths!" The page you posted is not bad but there are many you can tell they were incredible rushed; in fact, I'd go as far as saying that sometimes I got the feeling that I was reading a coloured version of Lee's sketchbook.

Should you like it, well, don't feel embarassed. I am a big fan of Jeph Loeb's comics and I've never been ashamed of it.

ASBAR is worth buying just for the script.

Back to topic, I think that Unchained is very bad. It's like Lee and Snyder said, "let's do a book whith all our flaws and none of our strengths!" The page you posted is not bad but there are many you can tell they were incredible rushed; in fact, I'd go as far as saying that sometimes I got the feeling that I was reading a coloured version of Lee's sketchbook.

Should you like it, well, don't feel embarassed. I am a big fan of Jeph Loeb's comics and I've never been ashamed of it.
    Why should be ashamed of liking Jeph Loeb? He is awesome! Long Halloween, Dark Victory, Superman for all seasons, Haunted Knight, Hulk Gray, Daredevil Yellow, Spider-Man Blue and of course Hush (yes, I love that one) and many of his other works are great stuff!

Why should be ashamed of liking Jeph Loeb? He is awesome! Long Halloween, Dark Victory, Superman for all seasons, Haunted Knight, Hulk Gray, Daredevil Yellow, Spider-Man Blue and of course Hush (yes, I love that one) and many of his other works are great stuff!
    No, no. I'm especially a fan of his crappy comics: Rulk, Hush (a.k.a. plotholes everywhere), X-Sanction, his work for the X-Men franchise during the 90's, Batman/Superman, Superman and... yes, Ultimatum.

EDIT: More than crappy, I should say "dumb and stupid". Because that's what they technically are.

No, no. I'm especially a fan of his crappy comics: Rulk, Hush (a.k.a. plotholes everywhere), X-Sanction, his work for the X-Men franchise during the 90's, Batman/Superman, Superman and... yes, Ultimatum.

EDIT: More than crappy, I should say "dumb and stupid". Because that's what they technically are.
    Never read much of those you listed but LOVED Hush. I also like Identity crisis and love Civil war soooo... I guess I'll like them. Added his Hulk to my to read list