Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default How would you change the current history of the X-Men?

I admit I haven't read the books in a long time. But mainly the things I've heard haven't really been encouraging in terms of how the characters have changed. I even heard Iceman was a mass murderer now even though I haven't found any confirmation of that. So how would change Cyclops, Beast or whoever or whatever?

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Astonishing X-men showed Iceman's murderous rampage. Granted, he was possessed.

I would fix Psylocke!!! Screw the Kwannon/Revanch/Psylocke/Lady Mandarin/Telekinesis/Crimson MF Dawn!! Straighten that **** out!

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

Right now, I would bring back Kwannon and put them in the right bodies. Then I'd give Kwannon a mutated strain of the Legacy Virus. Thinking she was Betsy, Colossus would kill himself again to cure her.

I would edit: I would have Cassandra Nova destroy Mutant Town, instead of Genosha, or only half of Genosha. Xorn would still happen, but Jean wouldn't die. She can come back from a stabbing and disintegrating in the Sun, but not a stroke? Scott and Emma could still happen. Jean would leave to unsuccessfully run Genosha.
    Last edited by coveredinbees; 06-08-2014 at 09:25 PM.

Retcon no more mutants
    Xavier still living
    Scott and Madie still married
    Magneto never bowing to Cyclops
    No U-men
    No beast as a cat
    Creed still dead
    Mariko still living
    No avx
    No schism
    Silver samurai still alive
    No battle of atom

BANNED

Now that Wolverine is gonna die... I would kill Cyclops too, and wrap Schism once and for all.

Letting Wolverine drag Schism through his legs to death. Then BAM!!! the healing begins

Have a Wolverine and Jubilee ongoing.
    Retcon all of all of Morrison's run
    Last edited by nnelg; 06-08-2014 at 09:30 PM.

Ultimate Member

'Revanche' was cured of Legacy and her/their brains sorted out back to their proper bodies. There's now an Asian ninja with weak telepathy (mostly focused into a psychic knife, and serving as an X-villain!) named Kwannon *and* a British telepath in hawt purple body armor named Betsy/Psylocke.

Jean was never resurrected for X-Factor, Scott stayed with Maddie until Sinister decided that the kid had the genetic 'stuff' he wanted and kidnapped him to experiment upon, resulting in Maddie going crackers (partially out of grief and rage over losing her child, partially because Sinister didn't build her to last, and she was beginning to come apart on a genetic level, her entire purpose of creation having been fulfilled, and Sinister being pretty good about killing off any of his creations that have outlived their usefulness). She embraces demonic power, becomes the Goblin Queen and life goes on, only with 100% less Jean Grey *at this point.*

Much later, Jean actually *does* come back, if only because the Phoenix entity misses having a host and just recreates her from scattered molecules on the Blue Area of the Moon. (No 'the real Jean was sleeping at the bottom of the bay' retcon.) After some shenanigans, the Phoenix entity is shoved back into the M'Krann crystal, where it goes back to holding reality together, or whatever it was doing before it met Jean and decided to leave the bottle and do some genie stuff.

in the process of becoming a Horseman of Apocalypse, Warren's organic wings are grown back, and given the properties of the metal wings (including toxic paralyzing flingable feather-spines), without actually being made of metal. Apocalypse likes mutants, not metal-winged cyborgs, and it's not like various mutants (Frenzy and Sunder, for examples) don't have bodies/flesh tough like metal without actually being metal-limbed bionic ex-mutants.

Many mutants remain skilled in their specific mutant power, without being 'improved' with secondary mutations, Crimson Dawn mystical powers, bionic parts, demon sorcery, completely other powersets borrowed from other people and / or various other random non-mutant crap. They, for the most part, actually have to work for a living and learn to master and develop *their own powers* (occasionally developing creative and cool new applications for those original powers) rather than coast on various hand-outs from the Free Superpowers Fairy.

The School would remain a School. People, both young students and older staff/X-team members, would learn stuff, develop tactics, train together, rely on teamwork feats (Fastball Special, anyone?) and *working together* to complement each other and cover for each other, rather than just spontaneously crap out new powers (or become 'Omega level' mutants) whenever they run into a situation that their own mutant power isn't ideally suited for.

Cannonball is up against Gladiator? Does he A) crap out a new ability to absorb and redirect kinetic energy that will never ever be mentioned again, or does he B) remember that he has 45 mutant friends, many of whom (like Karma or Mirage/Moonstar) have abilities that Gladiator has zero defense against? What's a more impressive 'feat,' the Free Power Fairy blessing Sam with an unearned get-out-of-jail free card, or him *using his brain* and leading Gladiator on a merry chase until he can reach backup, almost like he was *part of a team* or something?

Thunderbird II never doubled in height, octopled in muscle mass (except for those freakishly dainty ballerina ankles...), or bazillionupled in physical strength and toughness. He's still just kind of strong and tough and fast and with keen senses, like five Captain Americas. *'Cause that's cool enough!* Not every team needs a big strong guy like the Thing or the Hulk, and even if they do, the X-side of the Marvel universe is not exactly lacking for heavy hitters like Colossus or Juggernaut or Frenzy or Sunder. Thunderbird II, or the Beast, in X-Factor, were totally functional and exceptional super-heroes without being able to lift 70 tons.

Wolverine never had bone claws. Logan. Steve. Jim. I don't even care what name he thinks is his 'real name' this week, because it will probably change twice more in my lifetime. (By 2045, I expect 'him' to be a 250,000 year old transgendered Neanderthal cavewoman.) But the bone claws just don't work. In Days of Future Past, his skeleton had adamantium mechanical housings in his forearms for his claws, and those worked, because they would anchor his claws in place, and allow him to slice at wood or brick or thin metal without his indestructible claws tearing out of the backs of his very much *not* indestructible fleshy hands, unlike the bone-claws-connected-by-mere-skin-and-tendons nonsense.

Before the claws? He beat people up with his fists. Like they do in old country. And then he walked back home, uphill, both ways, and liked it! Bub.

Storm controls the weather. She's not *also* Lightning Lass, of the Legion of Super-Heroes. If she wants to fry someone, she calls up a storm and lightning bolts come flying down at them, but that's pretty dangerous to everyone else in the area, so she has learned to use her actual weather control powers to blow people around, blind them with fog, dehydrate, chill and / or overheat them. It's only the most majestic and spectacular and awe-inspiring and breath-taking power imaginable. She needs a taser built into her hands like an elephant needs a switchblade. She's a goddess, not a glorified cattle-prod.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 06-08-2014 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Storm controls the weather. She's not *also* Lightning Lass, of the Legion of Super-Heroes. If she wants to fry someone, she calls up a storm and lightning bolts come flying down at them, but that's pretty dangerous to everyone else in the area, so she has learned to use her actual weather control powers to blow people around, blind them with fog, dehydrate, chill and / or overheat them. It's only the most majestic and spectacular and awe-inspiring and breath-taking power imaginable. She needs a taser built into her hands like an elephant needs a switchblade. She's a goddess, not a glorified cattle-prod.
    Yeah!!! Weather Control =/= Only Lightning manipulation

BANNED

Remove the No More Mutants effects.
    Xavier being a "villian" and Onslaught.
    No secondary mutations.
    No Utopia or Schism.
    No blue or gold teams...just green.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    Have a Wolverine and Jubilee ongoing.
    Retcon all of all of Morrison's run
    What did Morrison change?

The only thing I would change is Madelyne Pryor. I would completely remove her from the history of the X-men. She is by far the worst character Marvel has ever forced into a comic. I've said this in another thread, but I think it's a point that's worth belaboring. Cyclops just watches the love of his life die, he's deeply devastated, and he leaves the only home he has ever had since his family died...then he just HAPPENS to meet a woman who looks just like her? Does anyone really need an explanation as to why that's utterly asinine? Just erase her completely from the continuity, the comics, and the memories of everyone who ever knew her. She is nothing more than an embodiment of Chris Claremont attempting to force something that he should never have forced, which only ended up undermining so many characters.

Just erase Maddie, let Cyclops be single or even hook up with someone who didn't just happen to look like Jean Grey. Hell, have him hook up with Storm, bring back Lee Forester, have him join the Avengers, or have him stay with the X-men. Anything would be an upgrade really. That's how bad Madelyne Pryor was as a character and a concept.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    The only thing I would change is Madelyne Pryor. I would completely remove her from the history of the X-men. She is by far the worst character Marvel has ever forced into a comic. I've said this in another thread, but I think it's a point that's worth belaboring. Cyclops just watches the love of his life die, he's deeply devastated, and he leaves the only home he has ever had since his family died...then he just HAPPENS to meet a woman who looks just like her? Does anyone really need an explanation as to why that's utterly asinine? Just erase her completely from the continuity, the comics, and the memories of everyone who ever knew her. She is nothing more than an embodiment of Chris Claremont attempting to force something that he should never have forced, which only ended up undermining so many characters.

Just erase Maddie, let Cyclops be single or even hook up with someone who didn't just happen to look like Jean Grey. Hell, have him hook up with Storm, bring back Lee Forester, have him join the Avengers, or have him stay with the X-men. Anything would be an upgrade really. That's how bad Madelyne Pryor was as a character and a concept.
    Agreed and seconded. I wonder if the writers understand how creepy it was that Cyclops meets and gets involved with a Jean clone. Then proceeds to toss her to the side when the real Jean comes back. HaveCycvlops get together with another x-men or someone who is not a jean gray clone.

My pick for a rewrite Mystique. Remove the characters insanity and lack of responsability for her actions. Give her back her complexity and proper motivations. Retcon that she slept with Xavier. As it was Marvel clumsy attempt to tie it in with DOFP.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

1) Ditch Schism
    2) Never allow Alonso or Quesada to have any say whatsoever with the X-Men franchise
    3) Don't kill off Jean the second time so Cyke could hook up with Emma
    4) Don't put Wolverine on the Avengers or make him a leader in any capacity other than an X-Force type team
    5) Leave God Loves, Man Kills in the past and take the X-Men in a real new direction rather than copying and tweaking someone else's stories over and over
    6) Never bring the O5 to the present (wouldn't be warranted if they didn't kill Jean)
    7) Keep Excalibur as a dedicated European X-Men team with all the original cast and the younger gen/students as any non-American young mutants. That would allow for a central X-Men title with an attached young gen type book, a secondary main X-Men title based in Europe with its young gen book then maybe a few satellites like X-Force or X-Factor plus solos.
    8) Never, under any circumstances, make the franchise revolve around any single character. The X-Men concept is a team concept.
    9) Kill Cyclops and Wolverine at the end of AvX rather than Professor X, or else have them share a jail cell indefinitely