Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Scott's luck is even worse than Peter's luck. Peter may suffer a lot of setbacks, but even he has some good moments once in a blue moon. Scott's bad luck is like parker luck on steroids. Parker luck seems to be in order for peter to win in one thing, he will have to lose in another thing. While Scott seems to just lose all around.
    But didn't Peter Parker had to make a literal deal with the devil to get his life turned around ?

I am excited to see how Scott landed in jail. I hope he actually did something legitimately stupid and this isn't just some misunderstanding that arose from him trying to stop crime.

Ultimate Member

You know, this Cassie is FAR worse than movie Cassie. Movie Cassie:

-Hasn't had most of her character development regressed.
    -Is actually pretty fun and endearing.
    -Is like 8 and hasn't had powers (so it makes sense that Scott was so concerned for her there).

Quote Originally Posted by idisestablish View Post
    I can only assume it's Raz Malhotra. He was introduced in Ant-Man Annual #1 (last month?), and he was last seen opening a package from Scott Lang that had a Giant-Man uniform in it and stating, "I think it's my new job." The other possibility is Darren Cross, since he stole Cassie's Pym particles, but the person on the cover is obviously wearing a costume, and Darren hasn't been seen in a costume as yet and seems unable to control his powers. Also, the implication on the cover seems to be that it's someone on Scott's team, not a foe.
    A Giant-Man would be awesome. This will be better than the Superior Foes of Spiderman. Looking foreward to seeing them all together. It will be interesting to see how Whirlwind and Beetle fit into this group. Janice Lincoln can be developed into a very interesting character.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I bought the first #1 and while I did think that Spencer would get really strong once he found a groove, I didn't want to keep buying and waiting for it to happen. The first volume intro just went through the motions of the Superior Foes' lovable loser, "slice of life" type book to me.

This one seems like it's come after Spencer got comfortable and it just hit the ground running. Each character (with the exception of the yes-man son) was interesting in their bit but appeared briefly enough to make me come back to see them again, even Fritz. I'll be buying more, but also going for the back issues.

Mighty Member

Peter has had occasional wins even before the deal with the devil.

Spectacular Member

I liked this issue a lot.

The humor is getting repetitive, concepts are being rehashed. I hope this is part of the relaunch syndrome, or maybe Nick is getting a little *too* comfortable with his writing.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I do feel like the Scott Lang is a slacker loser narrative is wearing a little thin.
    Whirlwind kicked Scott's ass really easily.

I don't have problem with how Cassie is portrayed in the series.
    Cassie's mother and step-father were never happy about her being a superhero and Scott was dead so couldn't object. Cassie died being a superhero once already. Every good parent wants to protect their child from dangerous situations which is why they moved to Miami.

I hope Spencer develops Augustine Cross bit more. The snobby creepy man child could use a little depth and backstory.

Blake still doesn't like Scott.

Mighty Member

So Scott is a poor man's Peter Parker.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    I do feel like the Scott Lang is a slacker loser narrative is wearing a little thin.
    Whirlwind kicked Scott's ass really easily.

I don't have problem with how Cassie is portrayed in the series.
    Cassie's mother and step-father were never happy about her being a superhero and Scott was dead so couldn't object. Cassie died being a superhero once already. Every good parent wants to protect their child from dangerous situations which is why they moved to Miami.

I hope Spencer develops Augustine Cross bit more. The snobby creepy man child could use a little depth and backstory.

Blake still doesn't like Scott.
    Honestly, given the many arguments Cassie has with her stepfather one would think Patty would leave the guy or send them he two of them to therapy.

Also, you would think Scott being an Avenger would make him a bit better in Blake's eye.

Wow, it makes me almost enjoy the movie version of this then the comic book one.

Alrighty, Spence, Great job buddy!

As per yuuzhe, Spencer deftly balances humor and emotional beats.

Poor guy can't catch a break though -- neither with business, nor family.

I'm particularly fond of how he addressed Cassie's how/why/when of being an ordinary teenager -- sans super heroics. Nice job.

It is rather heart breaking that she's given up on Daddy Lang, but all the justifiable qualifiers are there, so I really can't blame her.

Parenting is a rough gig.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    It is rather heart breaking that she's given up on Daddy Lang, but all the justifiable qualifiers are there, so I really can't blame her.

Parenting is a rough gig.
    Neither can I. Ant-Man is being a gigantic douche about it with him hurting her instead of explaining to her why he is staying away.

Ultimate Member

And if DOESN'T keep her safe, and he's a fool for thinking that it would. If anything, it makes her LESS safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    And if DOESN'T keep her safe, and he's a fool for thinking that it would. If anything, it makes her LESS safe.
    Yea the fact that she's his daughter puts a target on her head considering that that's one of the easiest ways to get to a hero with kids. And given how Spencer's written her and that now she's powerless, nothing is stopping her from becoming a damsel in distress again.