Hal Jordan

Team Red
    Thor
    Wonder Woman
    Orion
    Captain Marvel (Billy)
    Wonder Man
    Collosus

Ok so here's how this goes . All DC characters are pre 52 . All characters are limited to exactly two abilities : strength and durability . So no character can fly , blitz , or transmute or any other ability . Thor doesn't have his hammer . The GLs are limited to energy blasts , constructs and shields . They start with shields up . Wonder Woman doesn't have her lasso . No BFR

This is purely an all out strength based brawl . Who wins ?
    Last edited by The Dork Knight; 10-21-2015 at 03:53 PM.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

The GLs pick up everyone on Team Marvel from across the arena, or create a springboard under them or something, and launches them into orbit.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    The GLs pick up everyone on Team Marvel from across the arena, or create a springboard under them or something, and launches them into orbit.
    Well Wonder Woman and Billy at least can just fly back but the OP is edited now to include "no BFR"

Edit : ah I myself had the " no flight" criterion going already so I guess the fault is mine after all

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    Well Wonder Woman and Billy at least can just fly back but the OP is edited now to include "no BFR"

Edit : ah I myself had the " no flight" criterion going already so I guess the fault is mine after all
    Fair enough. I also called it "Team Marvel" instead of "Team Red".

Still, the GLs' ability to attack from pretty much any angle at any range, indefinitely, with Class 100 force is a pretty insurmountable advantage. They can juggle their opponents indefinitely and wear them down or set them up for their teammates to put down for the count.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 10-21-2015 at 06:57 PM.

Mighty Member

Hulk's increasing strength can come into play here as well, since he doesn't suffer from the two big disadvantages he usually has against DC bricks.

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    Hulk's increasing strength can come into play here as well, since he doesn't suffer from the two big disadvantages he usually has against DC bricks.
    Unless he starts really pissed, he'll be out of the fight fairly quickly. Much like Colossus and Wonder Man will be.

I figure Orion will also attempt to make out with Thor at some point, since he's pretty much the mirror image of Goldilocks.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Basically Team 1 has range with the green lanterns, but team 2 has more Class 100s and more skill on their heavy hitters (Thor, Wondy).

The GL's are too much of an advantage imo. They can strike from further out than anyone else and separate the Red team via constructs. They could hold back much of the other team while say Hulk and Martian Manhunter stomp Thor.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Still, the GLs' ability to attack from pretty much any angle at any range, indefinitely, with Class 100 force is a pretty insurmountable advantage. They can juggle their opponents indefinitely and wear them down or set them up for their teammates to put down for the count.
    Yeah, that's pretty much what I'm thinking.

Well they can't do it " indefinitely" since the ring runs on a charge. Also the arena isn't so big that range would be a factor. Also most of the people can break out of GL constructs here and having to focus on multiple opponents will weaken the strength of said constructs

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Unless he starts really pissed, he'll be out of the fight fairly quickly. Much like Colossus and Wonder Man will be.
    Er no , modern Hulk is far stronger than Collosus or Wonder man regardless of how pissed he is

BANNED

If Team Green get a Hulk and a Martian Manhunter then I thin Team Red should get a Superman.

Well they can't do it " indefinitely" since the ring runs on a charge. Also the arena isn't so big that range would be a factor. Also most of the people can break out of GL constructs here and having to focus on multiple opponents will weaken the strength of said constructs
    Fundamentally indefinitely, then, since they won't come close to exhausting the charge for the duration of the fight. And the Arena is 100+ feet wide, so range is totally a factor when the only two guys here who don't need to get within arm's reach to fight are fully capable of just launching their opponents to the other side of the ring at will via arena-filling class 100 constructs, springboards that bounce anyone who pass a certain point on foot, and massive forcefields that can stand up to Post Crisis Superman level strength for extended periods.

Wonder Woman and Colossus will probably be killed within moments since the latter isn't even a Class 100 and the former is vulnerable to piercing/cutting damage, so a massive hail of spikes being fired by the GLs as an opening move should take them down and knock everyone else back, at which point its 5 vs 3, with the GLs still having absolute dominion over zoning.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 10-22-2015 at 09:24 AM.

Hulk's base level strength is all over the place these days, but I don't think it's consistently already on the average DC brick level.

Er no , modern Hulk is far stronger than Collosus or Wonder man regardless of how pissed he is
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Hulk's base level strength is all over the place these days, but I don't think it's consistently already on the average DC brick level.
    Pretty much what Anarchist said. Hulk is stronger than Colossus, sure but "Class 100 lite" Wonder Man would still give him hell in a straight up bout. He's not duking it out with DC level bricks or Thor without being sufficiently pissed.

Current Hulk isn't even Banner, besides. It's Amadeus Cho.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

We should probably use Doc Green until Cho shows up.

That version was calm most of the time and he was easily able to one shot Carol Danvers into space.