Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Step View Post
    Hey, is that lady in black and pink at 0:43 legit just wearing lingerie?

I can't see it well but it looks like she's just wearing a corset, bra(?), underwear and boots...oh and a boa scarf.

And that's saying nothing of the lady before her, who's just stipped down to nearly nothing.

Regardless, I'll look out for this game, could be good, but I can already tell the outfits (at least the female ones) will have me rolling my eyes.
    That was a big turn off for me too.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Step View Post
    Hey, is that lady in black and pink at 0:43 legit just wearing lingerie?

I can't see it well but it looks like she's just wearing a corset, bra(?), underwear and boots...oh and a boa scarf.

And that's saying nothing of the lady before her, who's just stripped down to nearly nothing.

Regardless, I'll look out for this game, could be good, but I can already tell the outfits (at least the female ones) will have me rolling my eyes.
    I'm thinking that the lady in question was an idol/pop star, going by the fact she had a mic, and the one right before that looked like a magical girl transformation into a swimsuit (much to the confusion of her companions, one of whom is a much more normally dressed girl), so everyone is probably gonna end up in swimsuits as well, ala P3 and P4.

But yeah, the costume direction does seem to be kinda on the skimpy end.

Astonishing Member

Yeah the trailer has some of the worst otaku fetish pandering. I feel like there's potentially a cool game here with how they're fusing FE mythology with modern day Tokyo, but the fan service is a turn off. Like, I wouldn't want to be seen with friends playing a game where people are dressed like that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    Yeah the trailer has some of the worst otaku fetish pandering. I feel like there's potentially a cool game here with how they're fusing FE mythology with modern day Tokyo, but the fan service is a turn off. Like, I wouldn't want to be seen with friends playing a game where people are dressed like that.
    Uh, it looks like Persona.

Gamexplain analysis video. (It's almost 27 minutes long.)

Astonishing Member

The only thing that looks like Persona are the highschool scenes.

BANNED

The only thing that looks like Persona are the highschool scenes.
    And everything else.

It seems more over the top than the average Persona, I don't know, those outfits, that music, just the whole general feel, I can see the comparisons, but it reminded me more of Tales Of... game or something.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I'm thinking that the lady in question was an idol/pop star, going by the fact she had a mic, and the one right before that looked like a magical girl transformation into a swimsuit (much to the confusion of her companions, one of whom is a much more normally dressed girl), so everyone is probably gonna end up in swimsuits as well, ala P3 and P4.

But yeah, the costume direction does seem to be kinda on the skimpy end.
    It looks like that idol girl is also a party member as well, so I think it might be her default costume, eh we'll see.

Astonishing Member

While Persona obviously has appeal in the anime/JRPG crowd, it isn't nearly as pop idol/otaku crazy as this trailer was. If anything, this is closer to some of the Devil Survivor games than Persona.

While Persona obviously has appeal in the anime/JRPG crowd, it isn't nearly as pop idol/otaku crazy as this trailer was. If anything, this is closer to some of the Devil Survivor games than Persona.
    Funny you should mention that. Shinjiro Takada, who works on the Devil Survivor games, is a major part of this game's production.

http://www.tradukosoft.com/2015/04/342/

Takada gives a little interview here.

Ooh yes! That's it! I remember playing that game (I only played the first), I found the majority of the characters pretty insufferable, but the game itself was nice, this is def similar art-style wise, I just hope the characters are better.

Trailer 2 and 40 minute presentation showing off gameplay , dungeons, and combat

Last edited by Gryphon; 06-17-2015 at 04:07 PM.

The first trailer wasn't what I was expecting but I still have kinda liked it but the new trailer does nothing for me, maybe the gameplay footage will change my mind.