Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Who is DC's equivalent of Green Goblin?

...............BESIDES JOKER.

I realize that Joker will be the primary reply to this question. However, I'm looking for a villain who is not only insane, but who is in the same category from a power perspective... someone who could also go toe-to-toe with GG, or at least hang with him longer than 2 mins.

For anyone not all that familiar with Green Goblin, here are his general powers/abilities: "superhuman strength (lifting 9 tons under optimal conditions), increased speed, reflexes, endurance, and healing rate. Though much slower than the likes of Wolverine, he can regenerate damaged tissue and organs. His intelligence has been enhanced to gifted levels, though at the price of his sanity. ... he is able to maintain his sanity via chemically treated dermal patches. When not impaired by mental illness, Osborn is a cunning businessman, masterful strategist, and highly skilled in electronics, mechanics, engineering and chemistry. The Green Goblin is armed with a variety of bizarre devices." (source: Marvel wiki)

Prof. Zoom. As i recall, he wanted to make Flash into a better hero through unimaginable pain and suffering, much like Osborn did with Spider man.

If Creeper was a villain...

Howabout Croc or Man-Bat?

I don't know if this is what you meant, but out of costume, Norman obviously became Marvel's analog of post-crisis Lex Luthor.

Maybe Lex and Deathstroke.
    Last edited by colonyofcells; 06-08-2014 at 10:56 PM.

Astonishing Member

Joker has long since lost any resemblance to Gobby beyond the grin. At least, ever since writers realized that they could lazy it up with the Joker and not come up with a valid motive for any given Joker appearance.

Lex Luthor seems like the obvious bit. CEO, wears purple & green, hates the blue & red boy scout hero who works for the local big city newspaper. Post-Secret Invasion Gobby does seem awfully Lex-like, what with the power armor instead of super-soldier-serum, and the team of nasty guys alliance.

But specifically? DC guy ... driven mad by super-soldier-serum, jet-assisted flight device, mostly just an advanced "regular guy" using high tech gadgetry to keep up with the metahumans? I'm not sure anyone at DC has quite that cocktail recipe of powers/abilities/origins, mixed quite that way. Lex doesn't do drugs, man! Not even super-science strengtho-boosters. He'd just hire Slade to do the physical crap. Money talks!
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    If Creeper was a villain...
    Isn't he in the New 52 version?

(And what's the reason for this question in the first place?
    Isn't there the slightest bit of possibility that a DC character or a Marvel character doesn't have a true counterpart at the other company?)

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Prof. Zoom. As i recall, he wanted to make Flash into a better hero through unimaginable pain and suffering, much like Osborn did with Spider man.
    That was more of Zoom's motives than Professor Zoom's.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Bane would be the closest.

Thanks for all the replies so far....good stuff!!

Man-Bat...I think he is most like Lizard
    K-Croc...I just don't think he's smart/devious enough, he's more like Rhino or Sabretooth, a brute used by the Tier 1 villains.
    Lex...that's not a bad comparison, both are Tier 1, but like K.Jones said, he's not really insane or juiced up.
    Zoom...hmmmmm, I think he might actually be too powerful for GG, and I think lacks the insanity part?
    Bane...I have him more aligned with Crossbones
    The Creeper...he may be the best one, if he is now 100% villain...can someone confirm?

Also, what about Eclipso?
    Last edited by Kingsw00d; 06-09-2014 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    That was more of Zoom's motives than Professor Zoom's.
    Okay, now I'm confused. Who's zooming who?

Lex Luthor
    His arch-nemesis wears red and blue tights
    Intellectual, tech, and mind challenges
    Held a possession of power in the government
    And deals with green and purple
    Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Okay, now I'm confused. Who's zooming who?
    The Zoom (without Professor) is Hunter Zolomon, he wanted Wally to be a better hero by putting him through pain, it's a twisted act of friendship
    Professor Zoom is Eobard Thawne, his obsession with Barry is wanting to kill him, but unable cause he needs Barry to be the Flash so he could emulate him
    Last edited by Speed Force League Unlimited; 06-09-2014 at 08:23 AM.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

For the record, I already have Lex aligned with Red Skull ....is that a bad comparison?

RS is the affirmed longtime arch nemesis of a blue/red costume wearing super hero. Although, RS is 'juiced' on a serum and he doesn't have the purple/green color montage of Lex. Maybe Lex is more like GG than RS??

First I'd guess you'd have to establish who is the DC equivalent of Spider-Man...

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    First I'd guess you'd have to establish who is the DC equivalent of Spider-Man...

Peace
    And that's where I was kind'a going with Eclipso....since he is Blue Beetle's arch nemesis, and I view BB as Spidey's equivalent.