Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    Who cares about a costume honestly? I just want the show to be engaging. And I hope they don't shy away from supervillains because him fighting gang members would get old pretty fast.
    I think its going to be gangsters that get him back into the game and then Villians from that walk of like will begin to show up under Tobias Whale to **** him up and put him back in retirement. Gang fighting is just his opening act

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    This looks so good. The costume needs alot of work but the tone and the family aspect look interesting and different than the other comic book shows. His profession as a principal also adds a element to media you never really see often. Black Lightning just needs to return to the comics along with his daughters, way too underused.
    I agree. I hope they do something really substantial with the family aspect of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    Who cares about a costume honestly? I just want the show to be engaging. And I hope they don't shy away from supervillains because him fighting gang members would get old pretty fast.
    Why wouldn't the gang members count as super villains? Kingpin does.

I wonder if any of his Outsiders friends will show up on the show? It'd be pretty cool to see him interact with Katana, Metamorpho, Geo Force, and Halo!!
    Last edited by El_Gato; 05-19-2017 at 12:37 PM.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Why wouldn't the gang members count as super villains? Kingpin does.
    Sorry man. I should have said superpowered villains. And about Fisk. To me, he's on a different wavelength than a simple punk with a gun.

besides Tobias Whale i can only think of Cyclotronic Man, Syonide, and Ishmael as Black Lightning villains. but DC has a lot of seldom used villains that can be pitted against Black Lightning.

The trailer for Black Lightning looks very promising.
    Still not crazy about him being old, the costume and having kids, but this glimpse of the show has renewed my interest.
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Loved the set up, love the cast, everything about the trailer looks great!
    Everything except that costume (I'll have to get used to it).

I hope they reconsider and this can cross over with Arrow
    And I'd really like to see the Pierce family meet the West family!
    Last edited by Güicho; 05-25-2017 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Loved the set up, love the cast, everything about the trailer looks great!
    Everything except that costume (I'll have to get used to it).

I hope they reconsider and this can cross over with Arrow
    And I'd really like to see the Pierce family meet the West family!
    Perhaps in Season 2 or 3, but I'm good with no contact for the first season.
    This show has to make it or break it on its own IMO.

"History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Fantastic Member

I like to say it's about time Black Lightning got his due outside of the comics! I'm happy that he got a show on the CW. However, I'm not too crazy that BL will be in his own corner of the Berlanti Universe. I rather he mix it up with Arrow, Flash and Supergirl. In fact I think it would've been better If he was introduced on one those shows and then be spun off of it. Supergirl or Arrow would've worked best cause BL has history with Superman and Arrow in the comics. It would be interesting to see the approach they go with on this show.

Fantastic Member

Also, I noticed that Black Lightning's Rogues Gallery is pretty weak. I own both volumes of BL and he really didn't have much as far as villains go. I know his main ones were Tobias Whale and The 100 but seeing as they are going to have him on a TV show they should create adversaries for him for the show. As far as the comics, I would adapt the 100, maybe Tobias Whale, Syonide and Cyclotronic Man. From Volume Two I would add B-W-R (Brothers Who Rule) Ishmael and Painkiller. Other than that. I would like the writers to create new enemies for the show. I also think the Cadre from the Justice League of America would be great villains for Black Lightning as well as Sportsmaster and Tigress.

Spectacular Member baycitybomber's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I wonder if any of his Outsiders friends will show up on the show? It'd be pretty cool to see him interact with Katana, Metamorpho, Geo Force, and Halo!!
    Probably not in the first season but it'd be a neat shout-out to let at least one of the original Outsiders cameo.

Spectacular Member

Now that Black Lightning is about to have his own show, will DC finally release this? https://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/08...vor-von-eeden/

PLEASE, DC!! PLEASE, I BEG YOU!!!

Looks like Black Lightning's #1 foe, Tobias Whale, will be the first (besides the 100) villain to make an appearance on the show.

http://www.cbr.com/black-lightning-season-1-villain/

I wonder if they'll release a comic soon. It having a show, and all.