Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Herowatcher View Post
    JLofA is my first choice for Black Lightning. However, I can see him lead of a smaller shadow team of his own called "The Outsiders".

Possibly....Black Lightning, Katana, Martian Manhunter, Metamorpho, Traci Thirteen and Vibe.
    They would probably include Blue Devil since he and BL are kinda a team now.

So Black Lightning, Blue Devil, Metamorpho, Katanna, Vibe, and Traci 13. And they would probably have to include Batman if they want the book to stand a chance.

I wonder how The Outsiders in Lemire's Green Arrow will effect the Outsiders team. Or will it just be a completely separate entity?

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    They would probably include Blue Devil since he and BL are kinda a team now.

So Black Lightning, Blue Devil, Metamorpho, Katanna, Vibe, and Traci 13. And they would probably have to include Batman if they want the book to stand a chance.

I wonder how The Outsiders in Lemire's Green Arrow will effect the Outsiders team. Or will it just be a completely separate entity?
    Not a fan of the Blue Devil team up, but I could see him here as well.
    As for Batman, I rather see this book last for however long without seeing a Bat in every DC title...but you have a point...LOL.
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Silly kitty.

"History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Extraordinary Member

Silly kitty.

Pretty awesome scene.

I never thought pain could looks sexy, lol.

I really like Jefferson's origin. He grew up in Suicide Slum, the worse part of Metropolis and went on to become
    a respected Olympic athlete. Jefferson returned home, became and educator and started taking back the city with
    the help of Peter Gambi. He didn't have a tortured life, is not angry all the time and is cool under pressure.

Invincible Member

It's funny that if you read the first issue that came out in the 70's, you couldn't tell that he's supposed to have powers. I think he didn't use the electricity until the 2nd

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    It's funny that if you read the first issue that came out in the 70's, you couldn't tell that he's supposed to have powers. I think he didn't use the electricity until the 2nd
    Black Lightning's powers originally came from a belt he received and later became internal.
    I'll have to look for those back issues of the original series, but I'm thinking it was the 2nd or the 3rd issue
    that we see him using his powers.

BANNED

Here is what Tony Isabella wrote on his blog about Black Lightning and the legal hassles with DC:
    http://tonyisabella.blogspot.de/2012...ing-facts.html

Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post
    Here is what Tony Isabella wrote on his blog about Black Lightning and the legal hassles with DC:
    http://tonyisabella.blogspot.de/2012...ing-facts.html
    Well that was difficult to read.
    Left me with too many questions. It sounded like a verbal agreement between DC and Isabella and those hardly ever turn out good (IMO).
    Heartache is sure to follow when you have equal say on how something is to be used. From that article Black Lightning might've been in limbo for eternity.

I do agree that the Nu52 version of Black Lightning is a pale comparison of what came before (like a lot of the DCU characters).

Black Lightning on TV's Arrow would be great.

Invincible Member

Well that was difficult to read.
    Left me with too many questions. It sounded like a verbal agreement between DC and Isabella and those hardly ever turn out good (IMO).
    Heartache is sure to follow when you have equal say on how something is to be used. From that article Black Lightning might've been in limbo for eternity.

I do agree that the Nu52 version of Black Lightning is a pale comparison of what came before (like a lot of the DCU characters).
    Other creators have suggested (without going into details) that they've had similar sounding contracts with DC. Tony's situation might a case of him getting screwed cuz the letter of the contract wasn't violated while the spirit of it may have been?

Of course the other stuff just sounds like people just remembering the same events slightly differently.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Other creators have suggested (without going into details) that they've had similar sounding contracts with DC. Tony's situation might a case of him getting screwed cuz the letter of the contract wasn't violated while the spirit of it may have been?

Of course the other stuff just sounds like people just remembering the same events slightly differently.
    It's unfortunate that DC has too many "misunderstandings" with their creators/writers.

Was anyone a fan of this look for Black Lightning?

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    That is awesome.

Are those the Eaglemoss figurines?