Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041424344 LastLast
    D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    Everything he's saying has been filling me with confidence. He seems like a writer who truly gives a damn.

Attachment 65103

Attachment 65104
    I agree. I can't wait to see what he does with Jefferson in Detective.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Season 1 of Black Lightning is now available on Netflix in the US!

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post
    Season 1 of Black Lightning is now available on Netflix in the US!
    Thanks for the heads up on that. I wasn't able to watch it because it was on the one night in the week I work. Looking forward to spending a weekend watching it soon.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Everything he's saying has been filling me with confidence. He seems like a writer who truly gives a damn.

Attachment 65103

Attachment 65104
    Sounds great

Variant cover for the Black Lightning/Hong Kong Phooey one-shot:

That version compared to this;

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    NO thanks.

That book would have been set on fire if it had a Marvel banner on it.

There was way too much play by the numbers and pandering to certain folks.

I agree with Alton that this needed a director's cut showing everything that got cut out. Because this should have been a 12 part series to where a lot of the stuff the writer wanted to say get stated.
    I finally got my back up copy courtesy of my LCS because I was just cherry picking this mini and missed it the week it came out. Read 5 and 6 back to back tonight and thought this really came together in a big way. The pummeling of BL was brutal but the pulling together however briefly of community and authorities against Whales conspiracy of guns was well thought out. This was really the stories core for me. The aliens and their minions were too easily dispatched earlier which is where things needed more time I thought. It seems that the intermingling of SF themes does work it's way into a lot of contemporary DC these days and there is nothing wrong with that if it's well done. BL needs to be multifaceted to remain relevant. The show has been terrific by the way as well.

I know it's everywhere but it needs to be here too.

Looks like BL's going to maintain his most iconic suit. I'm a big fan of the full head of hair as well as facial hair like the tv show.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post

I know it's everywhere but it needs to be here too.

Looks like BL's going to maintain his most iconic suit. I'm a big fan of the full head of hair as well as facial hair like the tv show.
    Jefferson with hair just feels weird to me at this point, unless they're deliberatley going classic and give him the afro .

The costume and goggles seem to the same as his Invasion design.

Mighty Member

I've always been curious about BL with goggles. They're supposed to protect him from the sparks, right? I mean it be due to wanting to conceal his identity because..... it'll be obvious.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

I've always been curious about BL with goggles. They're supposed to protect him from the sparks, right? I mean it be due to wanting to conceal his identity because..... it'll be obvious.
    They probably serve a lot of different purposes, like "electric vision" on the show or just in general letting Jefferson see things he wouldn't have been able to otherwise.

Sort of like how Batman's cowl has been updated over the years.

Looks like Bryan Hill's Detective Comics run, featuring Black Lightning, is pushed back from #982 to #983. An extra 2 week wait.
    https://www.newsarama.com/39973-new-...rought-in.html

And Cress Williams will be voicing Steel in the Death of Superman/Reign of the Supermen animated movies, which is kind of cool .

Curious to see how his John Henry will compare to his Jefferson Pierce, especially if Natasha shows up.

Mighty Member

kasov6uua2pmxk6harih.jpg

There's an interview on Newsarama too. Good stuff.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Tobias Whale on The Breakfast Club.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FRhneAHCT-Q