Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Yes, those DC Nation is the best showing the character has gotten in years.

That said, it kills me every time someone refers to Black Lightning as 'grown up Static Shock' especially when Static's powers were a homage to Black Lightning.

"Grown up Static, cool!"

"That's not Static!"

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    .....I don't think the name is problematic. I've seen Black Lightning used as titles for movies about cars, there's a motorcycle with the name...it just sounds cool.
    I think it sounds cool too. The DCU has dozen of characters with colors attached to the beginning of their names and Jefferson is no different.
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Every hero needs supporting characters that keep them grounded and remind them why
    they're fighting the good fight. Peter Gambi is a great example of this.

"History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Tobias Whale is actually a really good arch villain. I liked his appearance on Justice League Unlimited and Beware the Batman. Funny how Jeff has a better arch than many of DC's top heroes. Nightwing hasn't had a good villain since Blockbuster.

Black Lightning is a great name. Much better than just Lightning. More pizzazz. Kind of like how boring Fire is now. Much better when she was Green Flame.

I really enjoyed Black Lightning in his mini with Blue Devil recently. I was hoping to see more.
    WHO DAT?!!

Black Lightning is awesome. I would love for there to be a new Outsiders book, where Jefferson is the "field leader/Cyclops" of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I didn't love the Black Lightning/Blue Devil book, but I did like that they made his lightning power "black".

Ultimate Member

i think it could be fun if BL showed up in Justice League United.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Grim View Post
    I wish they'd change his name. We can see that he's black.
    BL now/Nu 52 gener8s & controls actual & literal blak electricity/ lytning....it was all shown & explaind in DC PRESENTS BL & BD, so his supahero title fits mo with his pwr dan his race in d Nu 52.

Really loved these DC Nation shorts

Quote Originally Posted by Herowatcher View Post
    Every hero needs supporting characters that keep them grounded and remind them why
    they're fighting the good fight. Peter Gambi is a great example of this.
    LOL I never noticed before but is Peter Gambi = a cartooned Tony Isabella?

As far as the name, it should definitely stick, especially now that the lightning is black, so people can think it refers to him or his power, whatever they want. Mostly it just sounds baddass!

I haven't checked out the 52 Black & Blue team-up yet, it seemed like an odd fit and was never a big fan of BlueDevil, but I will eventually.
    Hope he shows up more consistently.
    Last edited by Güicho; 06-12-2014 at 11:38 AM.

For a character DC often disregards, other companies really seem comfortable just borrowing liberally form his look and theme, and getting it out there:

HB's: Black Vulcan
    Milestone's: Static
    Sony's: Electro
    And now Kidlat?-

LOL!

In the end you know they are all channeling Richard Roundtree's Earth shaking Daredevil MILES QUADE!

Last edited by Güicho; 06-12-2014 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

In the end you know they are all channeling Richard Roundtree's Earth shaking Daredevil MILES QUADE!

Wow I knew BL was inspired by Blackspoitation flicks but damn it looks like Isabella completely based his costume on this!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    For a character DC often disregards, other companies really seem comfortable just borrowing liberally form his look and theme, and getting it out there:

HB's: Black Vulcan
    Milestone's: Static
    Sony's: Electro
    And now Kidlat?-
    LOL!
    HA! Well, you do know the whole thing between DC/Isabella/HB/Black Vulcan right?

And there's also kind of a thing in fandom about how many black superheroes have electricity/lightning based powers.

hopefully he will be in the Justice League film. I also want a new ongoing with him.

Wow I knew BL was inspired by Blackspoitation flicks but damn it looks like Isabella completely based his costume on this!
    The costume was one of many designed by Trevor Von Eeden

But yeah there's no denying the similarity to the Richard Roundtree character from Earthquake.

BL was the Shaft of the DC U!
    Last edited by Güicho; 06-13-2014 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    HA! Well, you do know the whole thing between DC/Isabella/HB/Black Vulcan right?
    Much of this stuff was posted in the old forum BL thread.
    Isabella even "snuck" his criticism of the whole situation into the comic.
    Where Barbara Hanna and their "Circus" hire a guy to be the Other Black Lightning.

In the end Pierce (through the words of Isabella) is the bigger man, and embraces the "new" hero.

Last edited by Güicho; 06-13-2014 at 08:33 AM.