Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by alton View Post
    Anyway thanks for the info on how well it did. Fantastic news which hopefully bodes well for other non Trinity projects from CW. I'm trying to think of other non Milestone characters that could be launched besides Vixen and Terrific which are currently on Arrow and Legends in so so versions. Dare we hope for Green Lantern Stewart to restart the franchise after the feature film fiasco? I would say Cyborg but there is too much animosity toward that character lately.
    Well there is a Traci 13 show in development at CW. The character is magic based and is best known for her adventures with the Teen Titans, and relationships with Blue Beetle and Natasha Irons. So there's that.

We won't get a GL show (or Cyborg) anytime soon due budgetary issues. Plus the DCEU has plans for John Stewart (and Cyborg), so they wouldn't allow the CW to use him (them) anyway. That's what happened with the Suicide Squad and recently with Deathstroke/Superman.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Anybody know at what point that BL first donned what we now look at as his modern classic costume in the comics? The one that he wore in the recorded vhs scene in the first episode?

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post
    Anybody know at what point that BL first donned what we now look at as his modern classic costume in the comics? The one that he wore in the recorded vhs scene in the first episode?
    That is the costume he wore when Brian Meltzer decided it was finally time for Black Lightning to join the Justice League in 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    That is the costume he wore when Brian Meltzer decided it was finally time for Black Lightning to join the Justice League in 2005
    That's it. Thanks.

I think they need to put BL in a team at the moment while he's getting some popularity, he would fit in well with the current JLA.

Really hope they can do a quick retcon in BL’s next series and make Tobias Whale an albino. It’s something that really makes him unique. It would be like if they permanently gave Lex Luthor hair or made Penguin tall and handsome.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    I think they need to put BL in a team at the moment while he's getting some popularity, he would fit in well with the current JLA.
    Agreed, does DC have any plans to revamp the Outsiders?
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Agreed, does DC have any plans to revamp the Outsiders?
    If they were to, I'd hope for a major shuffle of that roster.

Black Lightning tpb volume 2 comes out next week.

https://www.tfaw.com/Graphic-Novels/...ol-02___554800

Presenting never-before-reprinted adventures of Jefferson Pierce, a.k.a. Black Lightning, from the pages of WORLD'S FINEST COMICS #256-260, DC COMICS PRESENTS #16, JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #173-174 and DETECTIVE COMICS #490-491 and 494-495!

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Black Lightning tpb volume 2 comes out next week.

https://www.tfaw.com/Graphic-Novels/...ol-02___554800

Presenting never-before-reprinted adventures of Jefferson Pierce, a.k.a. Black Lightning, from the pages of WORLD'S FINEST COMICS #256-260, DC COMICS PRESENTS #16, JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #173-174 and DETECTIVE COMICS #490-491 and 494-495!
    Thanks for the heads up. This is bought on sight!

Mighty Member

Tobias Whale is a fantastic villain

black lightning can lead the outsiders. that would be a good look. Why not? not everything has to be all about justice league. there needs to be more teams in the DC world. For branding purposes, I suppose they can call it Justice League: Outsiders, but anyway....

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    black lightning can lead the outsiders. that would be a good look. Why not? not everything has to be all about justice league. there needs to be more teams in the DC world. For branding purposes, I suppose they can call it Justice League: Outsiders, but anyway....
    Brad Meltzer attempted to do that very thing by having half the Outsiders join the JLA during his run, during which he did very little with them unfortunately.

Such a shame. That was such a badass roster, but they were largely wasted, although at least Black Lightning got his best costume out it

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    So far greatness vastly better than the comics..
    Absolutely disagree.

Haven't seen the show, just like I haven't seen other comic shows. That's because I love comics, and only care about comics, and this new Black Lightning mini is excellent and should be being read by more people. Lots more people.
    WHO DAT?!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Vell View Post
    Absolutely disagree.

Haven't seen the show, just like I haven't seen other comic shows. That's because I love comics, and only care about comics, and this new Black Lightning mini is excellent and should be being read by more people. Lots more people.
    If you haven't seen the show how do you know?