Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bigwinnie101 View Post
    Okay I'm going to say, I want Damian Wayne to show up at the end of season and give Jefferson a donation for the school and say that his dad would like to have him enrolled there.
    I suppose that could be a way to tie his Earth to Titans or something. But its one thing to mention a character as an Easter Egg, and something else entirely to bring them on to a show.

I wouldn't be against it, but it would need approval from up top I think.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I suppose that could be a way to tie his Earth to Titans or something. But its one thing to mention a character as an Easter Egg, and something else entirely to bring them on to a show.

I wouldn't be against it, but it would need approval from up top I think.
    True but I just would like to see a teenage Damian hanging with the Pierce family and Jefferson having to break down all the **** he used to do back when he was young.

I have a Question that I'm not sure where else to ask but I've been considering reading Cold Dead Hands and am wondering if its Canon to the current DCU

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Really liking the tv series, and so I thought I would check out the recent comic book series.

Then I saw they made Anissa Jefferson's cousin.

After seeing Jefferson as a loving, supportive father, that was like running into a brick wall.
    Very true other than saying Lynn has a British accident not really feeling these changes/rewinds.. Time BL to get new writer/creative team that can explore him and his Supporting Cast properly just like his tv show...

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    I have a Question that I'm not sure where else to ask but I've been considering reading Cold Dead Hands and am wondering if its Canon to the current DCU
    That's what we all assume but it's currently just a miniseries, so anything can happen.

I know many would like the familial connections to be father & daughters again instead of cousins. Especially with the dynamic shown on the tv show being so great. I like Lynn being a scientist, too.

Good issue this week. That fight at the end was brutal.

All-New Member

I love this show. I like how it differs from the other Arrowverse in tone. Like it's clear shows like Arrow, LOT, Supergirl and Flash are geared toward pre-teens, teens and young adults. And some episodes, the tones can get serious, but Black Lighting for the most part takes a grittier approach, I like the fact they deal with some real life issues, like gang violence, black lives matter, gun control, and its obvious who the bad guys are and whose right and wrong. I feel Black Lighting is geared toward an older crowd whom still loves their comics and superheroes, but at the same time, can teach a message to todays kids. The guy who plays Tobias Whale, I think hes a rapper, but man, I really like his interpretation of the character and what he brings to the show. He sort of reminds of D'onofrio's Wilson Fisk in the Netflix Daredevil series. I hope this show sticks around like Arrow has managed to, but CW usually has a good track record with their comic book superhero shows, ever since Smallville.

Am I wrong for wanting the tv show version of Black Lightning on the comic book page? Episode 8 was so awesome that I now would rather have this continuity in a book.

I'm cool with BL being in his prime. It just bothers me a little that Lynn is a principal and that the girls are now his cousins.

I mean, what's going to have the stronger impression? This current continuity or the tv show one? What if a movie gets green lit? Which direction would/should they go?

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Ya the continuity between the two is stupid. But it's the new 52 fault for wanting to make everyone young.

Had to laugh at the conservative teacher named DIXON calling Jefferson’s play “SJW theater”. Industry joke.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Ya the continuity between the two is stupid. But it's the new 52 fault for wanting to make everyone young.
    I don’t think there was any mandate from DC to keep Jefferson younger. With Rebirth they are all about using the classic/popular elements of their characters. So they probably would have preferred a Jeff who was a bit older and who had two daughters. I believe there was an interview with Isabella in which he stated he wanted to write BL in his prime. I think Isabella kind of likes to write “his version” of Black Lightning. By that I mean BL without all the additions other writers have given the character.

Here’s a quote from a Newsarama interview:

Nrama: Does Jefferson Pierce’s past play into the story and the character he’s become at this point?

Isabella: It doesn’t. I was told I could do whatever I wanted with this, so I chose to discard 40 years of continuity which had, in all those years, become conflicting and confusing. This is a reboot of sorts, though one in which it’s made clear that Jefferson Pierce has had a superhero past and is returning to that work.
    Last edited by Robotman; 03-14-2018 at 08:26 PM.

Ok, so this is happening, and I'm here for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Had to laugh at the conservative teacher named DIXON calling Jefferson’s play “SJW theater”. Industry joke.

I don’t think there was any mandate from DC to keep Jefferson younger. With Rebirth they are all about using the classic/popular elements of their characters. So they probably would have preferred a Jeff who was a bit older and who had two daughters. I believe there was an interview with Isabella in which he stated he wanted to write BL in his prime. I think Isabella kind of likes to write “his version” of Black Lightning. By that I mean BL without all the additions other writers have given the character.

Here’s a quote from a Newsarama interview:

Nrama: Does Jefferson Pierce’s past play into the story and the character he’s become at this point?

Isabella: It doesn’t. I was told I could do whatever I wanted with this, so I chose to discard 40 years of continuity which had, in all those years, become conflicting and confusing. This is a reboot of sorts, though one in which it’s made clear that Jefferson Pierce has had a superhero past and is returning to that work.
    And that in itself is the problem time for BL and his Supporting Cast of move forward not a backwards... Needs a new creative team ASAP

Yeah, I look forward to a new voice should anything come from this miniseries. Even if it's him in a team book.

DETECTIVE COMICS #982
    Written by BRYAN HILL • Art by MIGUEL MENDONÇA • Cover by EDDY BARROWS • Variant cover by MARK BROOKS
    “On the Outside” part one! Duke Thomas. Cassandra Cain. They and other young heroes don’t intend to stand down, no matter what Batman thinks is best. Who can Batman trust to guide them? They need a teacher…and Black Lightning fits the bill!
    On sale JUNE 13 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

DETECTIVE COMICS #983
    Written by BRYAN HILL • Art by MIGUEL MENDONÇA • Cover by EDDY BARROWS • Variant cover by MARK BROOKS
    “On the Outside” part two! Batman wanted Black Lightning involved in the lives of his protégés—but how involved was the Dark Knight thinking? What kind of missions will Jefferson Pierce take them on? And what, exactly, is he whispering in their ears about Batman himself?
    On sale JUNE 27 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
    Last edited by Iconic; 03-16-2018 at 02:19 PM.

Hopefully Thunder and Lightning show up in Tec as well