Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post

DETECTIVE COMICS #982
    Written by BRYAN HILL • Art by MIGUEL MENDONÇA • Cover by EDDY BARROWS • Variant cover by MARK BROOKS
    “On the Outside” part one! Duke Thomas. Cassandra Cain. They and other young heroes don’t intend to stand down, no matter what Batman thinks is best. Who can Batman trust to guide them? They need a teacher…and Black Lightning fits the bill!
    On sale JUNE 13 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

DETECTIVE COMICS #983
    Written by BRYAN HILL • Art by MIGUEL MENDONÇA • Cover by EDDY BARROWS • Variant cover by MARK BROOKS
    “On the Outside” part two! Batman wanted Black Lightning involved in the lives of his protégés—but how involved was the Dark Knight thinking? What kind of missions will Jefferson Pierce take them on? And what, exactly, is he whispering in their ears about Batman himself?
    On sale JUNE 27 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
    Looking interesting & not going to lie hope this BL is show to different than the version Tony using & it's revealed that Tony's is esleswhere/different DC version..

BANNED

First he gets an amazing TV show and then he gets teamed up with Cass? They may make me a big fan of Jefferson yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Hopefully Thunder and Lightning show up in Tec as well
    If this is leading to a new Outsiders book, it'd be great to see Grace as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Looking interesting & not going to lie hope this BL is show to different than the version Tony using & it's revealed that Tony's is esleswhere/different DC version..
    I don't know. Looks like he's wearing his current costume. This continuity may be sticking.

Mighty Member

Tony wasn't lying when he said that DC were going to work hard to make sure he's successful. And I'm all for it.

I don't know. Looks like he's wearing his current costume. This continuity may be sticking.
    Eh. I wanted good father and trusted confidant of Batman, Jefferson Pierce, not cousin to the people meant to be his daughters.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Eh. I wanted good father and trusted confidant of Batman, Jefferson Pierce, not cousin to the people meant to be his daughters.
    This........

BANNED

Deleted Post.

I'm so ready for this Outsiders relaunch. Especially with it looking looking like a spot for Cass Cain and Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Hopefully Thunder and Lightning show up in Tec as well
    As his daughters, and not his cousins.

Got to that point in the mini, and promptly face-palmed.

Lol. Everybody with the same reaction. I'm thinking this is the new normal.

While at the moment the cousins thing doesn't feel ideal, I'm just glad to have Jefferson back above all else. With a hit tv show thats been renewed for season 2, an upcoming role in animation and a concerted push in print, I can't complain too much.

Mighty Member

A simple retcon will fix that. They do it with everything else.

Lol. Everybody with the same reaction. I'm thinking this is the new normal.

While at the moment the cousins thing doesn't feel ideal, I'm just glad to have Jefferson back above all else. With a hit tv show thats been renewed for season 2, an upcoming role in animation and a concerted push in print, I can't complain too much.
    I'll admit, it was because of the CW show I decided to check in on the recent mini. I already knew of his previous affiliations with Batman, being a key member of the Outsiders. But shifting Thunder and Lightning away from being his daughters feels like they took away a big part of what makes Jefferson Pierce, Jefferson Pierce.

Mighty Member

Screenshot_2018-03-19-04-39-06.jpg

I'm assuming that Isabella is upset about the Detective Comics announcement.

I think he needs to realize that this is common. Okay sure, he's protective over his creation. But when other people write him, they aren't going to necessarily follow whatever blueprint you set. Especially if it doesn't fit with something that a current writer is doing or wants to do. Those are just the facts.

I mean yes, his Black Lightning mini is awesome to me. But I feel that he took a lot away.

Examples: Making Black Lightning younger. I liked the idea of a older, wiser BL. It's something we don't see a lot. I love having different perspectives.

He no longer has his daughters. They made Anissa and Jennifer his cousins instead.

Tobias Whale is no longer an albino.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    Screenshot_2018-03-19-04-39-06.jpg

I'm assuming that Isabella is upset about the Detective Comics announcement.

I think he needs to realize that this is common. Okay sure, he's protective over his creation. But when other people write him, they aren't going to necessarily follow whatever blueprint you set. Especially if it doesn't fit with something that a current writer is doing or wants to do. Those are just the facts.

I mean yes, his Black Lightning mini is awesome to me. But I feel that he took a lot away.

Examples: Making Black Lightning younger. I liked the idea of a older, wiser BL. It's something we don't see a lot. I love having different perspectives.

He no longer has his daughters. They made Anissa and Jennifer his cousins instead.

Tobias Whale is no longer an albino.
    Interesting...

It could be that he just doesn't get to write an ongoing for him. I love Jefferson being younger but I also liked the idea of him being a father. The tv show dynamic carries some major weight with fan expectations.

Mighty Member

Interesting...

It could be that he just doesn't get to write an ongoing for him. I love Jefferson being younger but I also liked the idea of him being a father. The tv show dynamic carries some major weight with fan expectations.
    Judging by how popular the show is. I think they'll retcon most of the stuff from the mini. One of my good friends is an albino and she was pretty bummed that Tobias wasn't albino in the mini.