Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 344041424344
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post
    I like the original and I felt it needed to be pushed hard by DC. To me, they are 30 years late on this.
    Too late for what? To make things right with Isabella? Yeah, that ship has sailed. I don't begrudge the current folks at DC. They tried to do right by him, but it's clear that he simply has very different ideas for the character than they and most fans do.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Too late for what? To make things right with Isabella? Yeah, that ship has sailed. I don't begrudge the current folks at DC. They tried to do right by him, but it's clear that he simply has very different ideas for the character than they and most fans do.
    DC never promoted that character well and dumping him into the Outsiders was terrible. They should just forget the whole outsiders idea. It was like My Little Poney with 6 annomymous characters presented without any personality, handled inexplicitely by Batman... who had nothing better to do with his time.

Black Lightning was a seriously well thought out character, years before the Milestone experiment and they gave it zero screne time until now. I can't watch the show. It is just so bogus.

what power stunts does BL currently have that he didn't in the 70s?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    what power stunts does BL currently have that he didn't in the 70s?
    I'll need to pull them out of the storage and reread them. It has been a very long time. I remember that they slowly increased his power and that made him more interesting as the title rolled forward.

Mighty Member

Nice season premiere for season two of the TV show.

Alright, time to resurrect this thread

I always felt that Jeff fits on the JLA perfectly due to him having his own fictional city to protect (Freeland), his own legacy characters (his daughters), he has a respectable service job (principal), and he has very close ties to at least one of its founding members: Batman. One thing I feel he's lacking though, is an interesting powerset. I'm aware of the mystical black lightning he has access to when he's angered, but I think he should have more to make him stand out. I was thinking along the lines of electromagnetism and ferrokinesis on the level of Magneto. I'm not saying turn his character into a discount Magneto, but I think his powers should naturally advance to that level, so much so to the point where he's taking on WW, Supes, GL, etc. It'll be a way to help him stand out with a unique powerset the league doesn't have yet, as well as avoid him being the guy on the team with powers but they're super weak compared to the others. Alas, I'm also aware of his creator's unwillingness to let others write him due to creative differences.

If anyone's reading this, lemme know what you think.
    Last edited by Cosmic Emerald 23; 12-06-2018 at 02:30 PM.

I think you should read Black Lightning: Cold Dead Hands and Detective Comics "On the Outside" arc if you want to get up to speed on his current powerset. It's quite diverse as is.