Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    They just released the Black Lightning tpb of the original run. Thinking about picking it up.
    I've seen it on Amazon.com and the cover looks exactly like the cover of Black Lightning #1.

The contents are said to be from his complete first series - Black Lightning #1-11 and his story in World's Finest #260.
    That story in World's Finest #260 was originally suppose to be issue #12 of his own title, but his comic was canceled due
    to the DC Implosion.

Looking to pick this up myself.
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

This picture gives me ideas.
    I could see a story with Black Lightning teaming up with a villain...perhaps against a new 100.

Last edited by Herowatcher; 09-02-2016 at 10:38 PM.
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

A Black Lightning TV series in development...pretty exciting news.

Thought it should be mentioned here too.
    Click "here" for the article by Deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by Herowatcher View Post
    A Black Lightning TV series in development...pretty exciting news.

Thought it should be mentioned here too.
    Click "here" for the article by Deadline.

I'm really excited about this. Black Lightning finally getting the respect he deserves.

Yep...been waiting for so long.

Not sure how old this "daughter" will be, but I hope they don't make Jefferson too old.

BANNED

I'm glad that Black Lightning is getting a show. But I imagine that the whole cast is going to be filled with original characters since BL doesn't have a supporting cast: Just Peter Giambi, his daughters & Tobias Whale.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    I'm glad that Black Lightning is getting a show. But I imagine that the whole cast is going to be filled with original characters since BL doesn't have a supporting cast: Just Peter Giambi, his daughters & Tobias Whale.
    His ex-wife (or is it wife again?), Lynn Stewart, has been a supporting character of his as well. I can't imagine her not being in the series.

can anyone recommend some essential Black Lightning comics to read?
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    can anyone recommend some essential Black Lightning comics to read?

Black Lightning: Year One by Jen Van Metre. It's the best modern retelling of his origin. It establishes his origin, powers, motives his supporting characters and straightens out his history and everything.

Brave and the Bold #24. Features him teaming up with Static Shock.

If you don't mind that era's writing, Tony Isabella and Trevor Von Eden's original Black Lightning run is also good and directly inspired a lot of BL: YO. Black Lightning Vol 2 in the 90's was good as well. However, I have only read parts of both and not the whole thing yet.

Black Lightning has also been a fixture in 'Batman and the Outsiders' along with Katana. In the original run by BL has his own sub plot set up in the first two issues which then pay off in #9 and 10.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

An actors that I could see playing Jefferson Pierce on a Black Lightning TV series....

Brad James

Brad James even played a vice principal on the Teen Wolf TV series.

Black lightning could fit in so many DC titles yet he sadly is stuck in limbo, here is a list of books he could be in:

Red hood and the outlaws : this would fit better with his old team not the new one but after a few missions maybe bizarro leaves and black lightning and another character join instead,the dark trinity route is not massively interesting in my opinion.

Outsider:c'mon it needs to happen now..... We need a series.

Batman: The next Batman arc sounds like it could have fitted black lightning so well. Instead of being a villain on batmans suicide squad he could be a lieutenant.

Suicide squad: this is my least favourite of all the options but if katana ever leaves or dies he could be a replacement.(I would laugh if slowly Rick flag recruited all the outsiders. If not he could be framed for a crime,with no obvious evidence he is sent to prison. However, he want to continue crime fighting so volunteers for the suicide squad.

DC comics present or DC universe presents: Even if it does not include black lighting I want this series back maybe a legends of tommorow scenario of multiple tales?

Worlds finest : A duo book with rotating cast including black lightning teamed up with blue devil( or someone else).

Justice League: he is good enough if the team has two green lanterns why not black lightning.

Justice League of America:if not put him on the new justice league of America title maybe with a team like he was in post infinite crisis, with hawk girl,Vixen Black Canary etc.

Digital first: A bit like adventures of Supergirl either in the comic universe or whatever to universe he is in.

One shot: either regular length or a longer style one like the Jimmy Olsen 2011 one.

Backup feature: backup feature in any comic really possibly one of the above.

Extras:at least inclusion in special, he can easily be put in short stories like the Christmas specials, possibly with his children.

Miniseries:if he is getting a show he can easily hold at least a mini or

Solo ongoing title: ^above.

Also other median:
    Justice league action
    Injustice 2: probobly not playable but at least mentioned or in the background.
    Other shows:If he show does not succeed in other shows like arrow,let's hope he show does do well though.
    Young justice season 3: this is not a "save young justice" plea but if it does happen would love to see him and statics interaction.

Ps now we all feel sad black lightning is in limbo again.
    Last edited by Red obin; 09-18-2016 at 12:02 PM.

The DC title I'd like Black Lightning in the most would be the Justice League.

However, I could also see a new Brave and The Bold series with Jefferson teaming up with a different hero each issue.

Black Lightning tv series lands at FOX.

Cool image...