Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Captain America: Sam Wilson, #2

When Steve Rogers was restored to his natural age, he chose one of his closest and most trusted allies to take up his shield. Now Sam Wilson, formerly the Avenger known as Falcon, carries on the fight for liberty and justice as the all-new, all-different Captain America!

Full article here.

Mighty Member

I marked for "bull-pucky."

Though I'm more partial to "horse hockey."
    I write about the intersection of science, comics and culture. Check it out!

I just hope poor Steve isn't thrown under the bus here. Poor guy has had it rough the last couple of years, and he could use a break with his anniversary coming up.

Just give Rogers the shield back already! That's what everybody is waiting for. Long live the original Captain America!!
    Read Hyperactive Comics on comicfury, The Duck web comics and Tapastic!!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crunch C. View Post
    Just give Rogers the shield back already! That's what everybody is waiting for. Long live the original Captain America!!
    I second that. You know it's going to happen. These faux Cap pretenders never keep the shield for very long.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redvector View Post
    I second that. You know it's going to happen. These faux Cap pretenders never keep the shield for very long.
    If you know it won't last long, why so anxious? Let them tell a story that doesn't line up with the movies for once.
    I write about the intersection of science, comics and culture. Check it out!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crunch C. View Post

Looks great. I actually kind of dig Steve as an old former Cap. It rings very true to modern politics where you have former presidents and vice presidents weighing in on decisions made by the current office holder. Stuff that they are uniquely qualified to weigh in on whether you agree with them or not.

I think this run, or at least arc, will sit on the shelf nicely with my Brubaker run.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Nice stab at Twitter haha. It is rather annoying how people believe anything they see on there. If it's a hashtag, it's true.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

That's a great preview. I'm intrigued by the concept and the execution is practically flawless.

I'm on the fence about giving this title a shot. On one hand I really like Sam as Cap, but I just can't stand these stories where the heroes are at odds. It's needlessly divisive for the fans and I'd rather not see threads about the issues constantly devolve into character bashing, especially because I like both Steve and Sam. Based on the preview, I can't help but feel this is setting up Steve to look like the bad guy. Again. His dialogue just seems so off, referring to himself as an irrelevant old man? And then coming to odds with Sam? It's like a salty X-Men fan wrote this preview. Might have to hold off on my decision to get this book until #2 drops.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

I predict Steve will eventually get his young body back, but he will not become 'Captain America' again. I see Steve viewing Sam as representing modern America and Sam should carry on in the role. Steve will instead take on a new hero identity.

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    I'm on the fence about giving this title a shot. On one hand I really like Sam as Cap, but I just can't stand these stories where the heroes are at odds. It's needlessly divisive for the fans and I'd rather not see threads about the issues constantly devolve into character bashing, especially because I like both Steve and Sam. Based on the preview, I can't help but feel this is setting up Steve to look like the bad guy. Again. His dialogue just seems so off, referring to himself as an irrelevant old man? And then coming to odds with Sam? It's like a salty X-Men fan wrote this preview. Might have to hold off on my decision to get this book until #2 drops.
    Though I'm not inherently against hero vs her stuff, I personally am somewhat fatigued by it coming off of Time Runs Out. Especially Steve related hero vs hero stuff. I'll give this book a first arc because I do think it's well done. But yeah... if it's more hero vs hero then I'll probably step back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahr Vehl View Post
    I predict Steve will eventually get his young body back, but he will not become 'Captain America' again. I see Steve viewing Sam as representing modern America and Sam should carry on in the role. Steve will instead take on a new hero identity.
    To me the whole legacy character thing never works.

Whether it's Dick Grayson or Bucky or even Wally West and Kyle Rayner (who held their roles from their predecesors for a good long time) the originals pretty much always come back. This sort of thing never sticks.

Spencer is such a tremendous writer.
    One issue in and I'm like "WHOA".
    That's talent.
    He did the same thing for me with Ant Man.
    I came in thinking "Naaaah" and I left shouting "Awww NO WAY!!" (in the good way)
    Keep it up, Spence!