Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Strange, I've mostly heard bad things about the show.
    The show is actually pretty good, but I cannot stand the actress they chose for Zed. She has a background in telenovelas, and you can really feel it in her acting in Constantine (i.e. her acting is pretty horrible in my opinion).

BANNED

After watching the third episode, i think it's a good show. Good, not great. With a lot of potential to improve. But, like i said before, i'm amazed how many people want this show to fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    The show is actually pretty good, but I cannot stand the actress they chose for Zed. She has a background in telenovelas, and you can really feel it in her acting in Constantine (i.e. her acting is pretty horrible in my opinion).
    Agreed. She's pretty terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Eldritch View Post
    After watching the third episode, i think it's a good show. Good, not great. With a lot of potential to improve. But, like i said before, i'm amazed how many people want this show to fail.
    Yeah I think it's been good not great so far but has tons of potential. They're gonna introduce The Spectre, we've already seen Dr. Fate's helmet, and they've mention Swamp Thing. Sadly the ratings haven't been very good and NBC is notorious for not giving shows a chance before cancelation. I just hope we actually get a chance to see some of the characters hinted at. Would be a great way to promote DC's amazing supernatural heroes.
    Constatine fans aren't happy with the show because being on network television it will never achieve the grittiness of the comic. Plus they are the type of fans who act as if they have ownership of the character. Though we are all occasionally guilty of that with our favorite characters.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Eldritch View Post
    Yeah, I think this episode did a lot of things right in terms of characters and plots, but there are quite a few kinks that need to be ironed out. Like John calling Papa Midnite a Voodoo priest over and over instead of just letting the audience pick up on that.

As much as I do think a show like Constantine would be a great fit on HBO, Hannibal is proof that the network isn't as big of a deal as the writing/directing team.

there might still be a chance for constantine to be renewed by nbc...

http://comicbook.com/2015/02/19/cons...to-be-made-in/

The newest collection came out last week for those who are interested:

BB

Here's some recent comic news

Constantine: The Hellblazer 's artist Riley Rossmo interview

Doyle & Tynion interview back in March

CONSTANTINE: THE HELLBLAZER #2
    Written by MING DOYLE and JAMES TYNION IV
    Art and cover by RILEY ROSSMO
    1:25 Variant cover by ERICA HENDERSON
    On sale JULY 8 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+
    Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
    Somebody is killing the only friends John has: the ghosts that haunt him! How can you kill what’s already dead? John is going to find out and make this adversary pay!

CONSTANTINE: THE HELLBLAZER #3
    Written by MING DOYLE and JAMES TYNION IV
    Art by VANESA DEL REY
    Cover by RILEY ROSSMO
    1:25 Variant cover by KEVIN WADA
    On sale AUGUST 12 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+
    Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for more information.
    Someone is murdering ghosts, a supernatural crime so impossible to solve that John Constantine is forced to return to London and seek help from the one person he hates more than any other; a magician above reproach, a darling of London high society, and a friend to superheroes everywhere. She is Georgiana Snow…the HECKBLAZER!
    Last edited by Styder24; 05-19-2015 at 02:28 PM.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

I guess we finally know what Constantine is really seeing in the final panel of Hellblazer.

Yeah, that just made me take a pass on the book. I loved Hellblazer, and I've really wanted to like the New 52 Constantine. But nothing about him has clicked with me at all. I was really thinking about giving this a go ... and now I just saw the "Heckblazer". Nope. Not happenin'.
    Last edited by Ishmael; 05-19-2015 at 06:39 PM.

Fellow Hellblazer fan, owner of first 2 trades with plans to get the next 2 soon.

It's been a trip reading Original Sins and I can't wait to start on Devil You Know. Also hope that the show is picked up by HBO who will do it far more justice than NBC.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

I'm not too keen on the apparent direction that CTH seems to be taking, but given that this is the appreciation thread, I suppose it's best we focus on all the good times we had with our old boy John instead of dwelling upon the uncertainty of our favorite Liverpudlian's future.

Like that time he snorted the fine ashes of Santa Claus, "ended" the Chicago Cubs curse, or helped all those ghosts move on.

All-New Member

Let's just review here.

DC cancels Hellblazer for what are undoubtedly bullshit editorial reasons. Then they re-launch as a superhero friendly series for the New 52. Then they spin him into a network television show. The TV showsis cancelled and probably dead, the New 52 title died and is getting a second try. The series that was cancelled to make room for all this unbridled success was Hellblazer, which ran for 300 issues. 300 freakin issues. How many issues did Constantine last before they pulled the plug on it? How many episodes did the NBC show last?

300 issues people.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superdog View Post
    Let's just review here.

DC cancels Hellblazer for what are undoubtedly bullshit editorial reasons. Then they re-launch as a superhero friendly series for the New 52. Then they spin him into a network television show. The TV showsis cancelled and probably dead, the New 52 title died and is getting a second try. The series that was cancelled to make room for all this unbridled success was Hellblazer, which ran for 300 issues. 300 freakin issues. How many issues did Constantine last before they pulled the plug on it? How many episodes did the NBC show last?

300 issues people.
    Well, since there have been many titles exceeding 300 issues that bit the dust throughout comic-book history, how were the sales at the end of Hellblazer's run?
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Well, since there have been many titles exceeding 300 issues that bit the dust throughout comic-book history, how were the sales at the end of Hellblazer's run?
    Hellblazer 297 9,146
    Hellblazer 298 9,132
    Hellblazer 299 9,329
    Hellblazer 300 12,522

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Styder24 View Post
    Hellblazer 297 9,146
    Hellblazer 298 9,132
    Hellblazer 299 9,329
    Hellblazer 300 12,522
    Thanks.

Unfortunately, that was the reason why it was cancelled. I'm still hoping the show finds a place somewhere, though (fingers crossed).
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?