Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

So, Within a Week we’ve had John in the Legends of Tomorrow Trailer and now The Hellblazer Final Issue and Justice League Dark relaunch release today- Having read both, a Decent dose of Constantine all round and one helluva reveal in JLD #1- spoilers:
    Constantine killed Zatara by accident.
    end of spoilers Overall a Bad Week for John, and I cant wait to see more of him in JLD (Really wanting a Capullo Variant with him)

Well, you know it was a reference to Alan Moore's swamp thing run, right? That is where Constantine was born. If you want to know more, just read it. I think it is one of the best comic runs in the medium's history.

I am currently reading through the original Hellblazer series, and I am up to Mike Carey's run. It has been consistently good so far, with Delano's run being the best one yet.

Previous to that, and other than Swamp Thing, I had only read Constantine's portrayal in the N52 and in the Injustice comic, and it is amazing how much they butchered the character. He can't even be considered a simple shadow of his prime days during Vertigo's run. It was just a different character who happened to dress like him.

Which leads me to the new JLD series. I loved how they portray him as a non team player, and what an asshole he is for talking to Zee like that... Originally, Constantine was never so mean, he was actually decent to those close to him, but it is a big improvement over what we got in the N52, so I guess I am ok with this portrayal.

I don't want him to be a regular, but occasional cameos would be nice.

Well, you know it was a reference to Alan Moore's swamp thing run, right? That is where Constantine was born. If you want to know more, just read it. I think it is one of the best comic runs in the medium's history.

I am currently reading through the original Hellblazer series, and I am up to Mike Carey's run. It has been consistently good so far, with Delano's run being the best one yet.

Previous to that, and other than Swamp Thing, I had only read Constantine's portrayal in the N52 and in the Injustice comic, and it is amazing how much they butchered the character. He can't even be considered a simple shadow of his prime days during Vertigo's run. It was just a different character who happened to dress like him.

Which leads me to the new JLD series. I loved how they portray him as a non team player, and what an asshole he is for talking to Zee like that... Originally, Constantine was never so mean, he was actually decent to those close to him, but it is a big improvement over what we got in the N52, so I guess I am ok with this portrayal.

Quote Originally Posted by judder64 View Post

He’s apparently a regular but not on the Team, as is Doctor Fate

Quote Originally Posted by judder64 View Post

He’s apparently a regular but not on the Team, as is Doctor Fate