Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I feel as though I need to re-read the entire Delano run. I've only read it once the way through while various Ennis/Ellis/Azz arcs I've read more than a couple times.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    I feel as though I need to re-read the entire Delano run. I've only read it once the way through while various Ennis/Ellis/Azz arcs I've read more than a couple times.
    Delano's run was great. Hell of a way to start of a series. The only thing I can say about it is that it should have been longer.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    Yeah, it's powerful work, especially The Family Man, my choice for best HB arc. If I have any complaints, it's that the art throughout his run was all over the place, and some of it wasn't quite up to stuff. Oh, and The Fear Machine got pretty goofy towards the end, but the social commentary in its first few issues makes it worth the price of admission.
    Family Man was INCREDIBLE! Glad to finally have the trade. I'm going to go back and read Hellblazer from the very begininng. Start the ride all over again.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Astonishing Member

Delano's run the definitive one, no doubt. It's to Hellblazer what Moore's run was to Swamp Thing.

We should do a group re-read.

What we do is secret Oskar Von Strange's Avatar

I need to continue getting the new tpb's. I left off at vol. 4 and there's what? Like 8 already? Damn.

So what's everyones favorite Hellblazer artists? For me it goes:

Simon Bisley
    John Ridgeway (yes, you heard right)
    Sean Philips
    Currently reading:Creepy, Eerie, The Goddamned, The Goon, Haunted Horror, Hellboy, King Conan, Last Gang in Town, Sherrif of Babylon, Stray Bullets, Usagi Yojimbo, Weird Love

BANNED

(he's in here...kinda'...)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Delano's run the definitive one, no doubt. It's to Hellblazer what Moore's run was to Swamp Thing.

We should do a group re-read.
    That would be cool, though it probably should be done in the Classics board.
    Hopefully I won't be too busy if that were to happen.
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by Oskar Von Strange View Post
    I need to continue getting the new tpb's. I left off at vol. 4 and there's what? Like 8 already? Damn.

Simon Bisley
    Sean Philips
    The Biz and Philips for me too as well as Camuncoli, Frusin, Manco and Murphy.
    BB

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Simon Bisley
    Sean Philips
    Phillips is, for me, the definitive Hellblazer artist. His style truly embodied the character for me. I'm not sure if he did the most issues-- both Manco and Frusin had very lengthly runs-- but those are the issues that pop into my head when I think about a visual conception of John.

For covers, I'd have to go with Bradstreet, although I have a lot of affection for McKean, Fabry, Bermejo, and Phillips again.

I've always liked John Ridgway's art, too. I've never understood why people don't. It's the artists that come after Ridgway that are questionable, even if some of them, like Bachalo and Buckingham, eventually blossomed into great artists in their own right. (I like Richard Piers Raynor's art, too.)

As far as the new series, I really like what ACO's been doing. I just hope the book can develop on its own after Blight.
    Last edited by FanboyStranger; 05-02-2014 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    (he's in here...kinda'...)
    It's a great cameo. Grant's Challengers was a good series.

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    For covers, I'd have to go with Bradstreet, although I have a lot of affection for McKean, Fabry, Bermejo, and Phillips again.
    No Biz?
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    No Biz?
    I definitely liked most of Biz' covers, but I don't really associate him with Hellblazer quite as much as the others. I think Slaine and dOOM pATROL for Bisley.

Although I guess I did choose a Biz cover for "my favorite character" over in the Cover Contest this week. (In my defense, he was in his boxers smoking and drinking beer while doing his laundry, which always makes for a great cover.)

Simon Bisley
    Sean Philips
    When I picture John. He is drawn by Marcelo Frusin.
    08Constantine.jpg

Hello from the gutter Mad Hatter's Avatar

Simon Bisley
    Sean Philips
    John Ridgeway
    Will Simpson
    Leonardo Manco
    Sean Phillips

Astonishing Member

Simon Bisley
    Sean Philips
    In no order:

Richard Corben
    Simon Bisley
    Dave McKean