Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    I like the idea of a movie that is both a prequel and sequel. It could be really good or really bad, depending on how things play out.

If memory serves, Theo is the only villain who survived a Die Hard film, and cyber-villainy has only gotten bigger over time. So it'd be interesting if they could work him in. Definitely doable, ,especially if the conceit is a celebration of John's heroism at Nakatomi Plaza.

I suspect the prequel portion would deal with a smaller threat that would eventually come back to bite John in the ass in the present day.

And finally, I'd like to see John and Holly reunite. That'd be a nice way to wrap the series up.
    Makes me think now that Theo should have been the villain in "Live Free or Die Hard" (was that actually the name? Sounds absurd typing it out) instead of Josh Duhamel - oops, I mean Timothy Olyphant.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Makes me think now that Theo should have been the villain in "Live Free or Die Hard" (was that actually the name? Sounds absurd typing it out) instead of Josh Duhamel - oops, I mean Timothy Olyphant.
    Yeah, I'd thought about them having already used a cyber-attack as the premise for Live Free or Die Hard. That would have been cool. But if they could get Clarence Gilyard Jr. for Die Hard 6, maybe it all worked out for the best. I think that would be a cool way to bring things full circle if this is John McClane's sendoff.

Would also love to see Argyle the limo driver and the disgraced reporter play a part. But the only way I see that logically coming together is if they stick with the idea of the Nakatomi Corporation holding a celebration honoring John McClane.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    My idea to that?

Let it rest in peace. It will be a box office flop, no matter what.
    Finally someone agrees with me, and you too support new franchises like John Wick which is something different?

Astonishing Member

I like the idea of new franchises, yes. But i never like the idea to milk a fanchise, doesnt matter if its John Wick or Die Hard or whatever. But thats just the way it is...

By the way, the first John Wick is an instant classic, the second one is....not really bad but sadly not very good either...

Brooklyn 99 and Die Hard should crossover.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    I like the idea of new franchises, yes. But i never like the idea to milk a fanchise, doesnt matter if its John Wick or Die Hard or whatever. But thats just the way it is...

By the way, the first John Wick is an instant classic, the second one is....not really bad but sadly not very good either...
    I thought 2 was excellent and one of my favorite films of 2017! one of the best sequels in recent memory and it's the new Die Hard 2 or any awesome sequel to an actioner. A shame anything new even a sequel gets torn apart by internet fanboys and some critics especially wanting nothing new but some leftovers from the 80s/90s but one of my friends Ocpcommunications on youtube who is a great film critic is an honest critic and i love how he puts JW 2 on his third film fave of 2017 with Shape of Water being number 1 and all, i too agree with him JW 2 being 4 and a half stars and him and i are action fans even wanting something new.
    Last edited by TomServofan; 01-11-2019 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Brooklyn 99 and Die Hard should crossover.
    Nah, Die Hard already exists as a fictional universe within Brooklyn 99. They've had at least three episodes (one where they have to storm a building to save hostages, one where they're up against an elite group of federal agents posing as highly-trained terrorists for an exercise, and even one where they're trapped for a weekend at the actual skyscraper that played Nakatomi Plaza -- and their only real enemy was boredom and missing their plans back home!). References to Die Hard are all over that show.