Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Batman's" Snyder & Capullo Reveal Details of Their "Break-Up," Favorite Characters & More

Scott Snyder & Greg Capullo, DC's dynamic "Batman" duo, discuss the artist's upcoming hiatus, creating Mr. Bloom and what's next for them as a team.

Full article here.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

[I think I missed a Spinal Tap joke]
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 10-22-2015 at 12:56 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Baxter Building janitor usgrandprix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    11 issue arc when Capullo returns....interesting.
    Sorry if you are joking but I read that as a Spinal Tap "goes to 11" jest. Like the next level.
    Marvel, Bring back the Fantastic Four please!

“It’s one louder”

As much as I enjoy this team can they just set the volume to an 8 every once in a while?

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by usgrandprix View Post
    Sorry if you are joking but I read that as a Spinal Tap "goes to 11" jest. Like the next level.
    You're probably right. Been a while since I've seen Spinal Tap.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

hmm, I wonder if that means Capullo isn't coming back on Batman? It sounds like they'll be doing something different.

The only thing that seems bigger than Batman (at DC), is doing the Justice League...

BANNED

Did anyone else see those comments involving Duke, and connect the dots with his comments regarding the major "Robin" status quo thing for next year?

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Sad to see them break up but at least they are coming back together eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by mooch View Post
    hmm, I wonder if that means Capullo isn't coming back on Batman? It sounds like they'll be doing something different.
    I caught this as well. My first instinct would be that they meant something big with Batman but they didn't blatantly say that. It definitely doesn't sound like this is a permanent departure though and thank goodness for that. His work on this book has been stellar from the start and I'd be sad to see my favorite comic book bromance separate for good.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mooch View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by taylortexas View Post
    I caught this as well. My first instinct would be that they meant something big with Batman but they didn't blatantly say that. It definitely doesn't sound like this is a permanent departure though and thank goodness for that. His work on this book has been stellar from the start and I'd be sad to see my favorite comic book bromance separate for good.
    I think they will end up being on Wonder Woman:

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Nice work.

I'd check out WW by Snyder/Cap -- I'm sure it would be better than whatever is happening in WW right now.

Amazing Member

I'm not the biggest snyder fan, but he would be a 10 fold improvement over the finches.

The only reason Snyder hasn't moved to other characters outside of Superman Unchained is because he's such a big Batman fan and is happy to continue writing his favorite character.
    If we go by the DC school of writer progression he should be the next writer of Justice League or the next big line wide crossover

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Good catch! I'd be very curious to see what they can bring to WW.