View Poll Results: Any of These Past or Present Foes Deserve a Mini-Series? (Multiple Choice)

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Angle Man

7 16.28%
  • Captain Cold

18 41.86%
  • Cheetah

14 32.56%
  • Chronos

10 23.26%
  • Giganta

12 27.91%
  • Human Flying Fish

1 2.33%
  • Killer Croc

6 13.95%
  • Komodo

3 6.98%
  • Lex Luthor

15 34.88%
  • Riddler

10 23.26%
  • Scarecrow

11 25.58%
  • Silver Swan

4 9.30%
  • Solomon Grundy

11 25.58%
  • Strife

3 6.98%
  • Tattooed Man

12 27.91%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Any of These Past or Present Foes Deserve a Mini-Series?

January will bring us a Poison Ivy mini-series. In the New 52, Penguin already had a mini-series, and back in 2013 we had "Villains Month", where quite a few bad guys got a chance to shine in one-issue stories.

So, I've come up with a list of 15 different villains. Some have played prominent roles in stories during the New 52, while still others haven't been present for a while. Which ones would you like to see DC give a mini-series to?

Angle Man
    Captain Cold
    Cheetah
    Chronos
    Giganta
    Human Flying Fish
    Killer Croc
    Komodo
    Lex Luthor
    Riddler
    Scarecrow
    Silver Swan
    Solomon Grundy
    Strife
    Tattooed Man

And if there has been more than one version of the character, please feel free to specify (in a separate post) which version(s) you would choose (if it matters to you).
    Last edited by MajorHoy; 10-22-2015 at 05:19 PM.

I would love for all these characters to get a mini-series (you never know who would make a great book) but I gotta vote for Scarecrow, such an awesome villain.

Incredible Member

The Crime Syndicate has been a big one for me.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'd love all of those except for Human Flying Fish and Strife. The latter because she's just way more fun as a nuisance who floats in, stirs some crap up for lols, and floats back out. Being the main character of a mini would lose some of the magic.

Astonishing Member

WW fan with WW fan bias voted for Wonder villains. They need some love.

But I also like others like Lex, Riddler, Scarecrow.

Riddler would be cool. The rest ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Awonder View Post
    WW fan with WW fan bias voted for Wonder villains. They need some love.

But I also like others like Lex, Riddler, Scarecrow.
    I voted for Angle Man based on what Phil Jimenez did with him during his WW run. If someone (preferably Jimenez himself) would take that interpretation and run with it, I think we'd get something pretty interesting.

While Lex is another favorite, he's already had a few minis, and gets plenty of exposure otherwise.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I will be honest, I do not remember Human Flying Fish at all, let alone whose villain he is. But that has got to best villain name ever -- even better than Killer Moth!
    Last edited by sanderling; 10-24-2015 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Edited to fix grammar -- holy heck. I KNOW the difference between whose and who's. Embarrassing!

Quote Originally Posted by sanderling View Post
    I will be honest, I do not remember Human Flying Fish at all, let alone who's villain he is. But that has got to best villain name ever -- even better than Killer Moth!
    He's an old (and little-used) Aquaman foe.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    He's an old (and little-used) Aquaman foe.

Aquaman makes a lot of sense with the whole fish theme. That is a great outfit. He definitely needs a miniseries.

It's interesting how many villains DC has already seen fit to give a series or mini - Catwoman, Sinestro, Harley Quinn, Bizarro, Deathstroke, Lucifer (yeah, he's a villain) ... the Suicide Squad is nothing but villains. Lex must've had a mini at some point...

I'd actually be interested in a series based on the "Grey Man" concept, (from Giffen/JMD's JL) but that's just me...

BANNED

Didn't Lex Luthor headline Action Comics under Guggenheim? I'd rather see ongoings for some of these baddies, but that's not what the thread is asking. Anywho, I'd be interested in a Captain Cold. He is one of the few villains with a sense of honor. A Scarecrow mini should have a Carnage USA vibe. The book should be violent with a creepy atmosphere. Believe it or not, Killer Croc is my favorite Batman villain, so I'd be all over a mini. (no appreciation thread worries me)

Incredible Member

Killer Frost

Azzarello's Ares

Lex Luthor in his current 'hero' phase, featuring Bizarro and Captain Cold

I know I'd buy a "Fatal Five" mini if there were a good story and a chance for them to get some needed characterization.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    Didn't Lex Luthor headline Action Comics under Guggenheim? I'd rather see ongoings for some of these baddies, but that's not what the thread is asking.
    The problem with an on-going for a bad guy is . . . well, since they usually tend to lose at some point, do you just write stories where they lose, or do you change their motives / reasons? How long would an on-going be successful? And how likely would people in general be to buy it?

A mini-series for a villain is probably the safer way for DC to test the waters before making a full commitment, and DC seems to be focusing a bit more on trying limited-/ mini-series these days. So even though "mini-series" may be a dirty word to some, that's why I asked about a mini-series for the bad guys. (Besides, a successful mini-series could lead to an eventual on-going.)