Thread: Marvel Podcasts

Amazing Member

Default Marvel Podcasts

I've been getting into podcasts lately and am looking to check out some Marvel podcasts. Can anyone recommend any? Any that cover comics and movies together, separately, or anything really.

PS. I am 100% aware I completely copy and pasted this from the DC forum, but didn't think it was appropriate to make one thread, regarding both companies in 1 forum haha

I listened to a bunch of comics podcasts (iFanboy, WordBalloon, Around Comics, etc) back when podcasts started to take off in the mid-2000s, but I stopped for various reasons. But I've decided to dip my foot back into these waters. Once in a while I'll check out the This Week in Marvel podcast, but only when they're covering something I'm interested in. The recent ones where they reviewed the original Secret Wars were a lot of fun. Also they read one of my tweets.

I also like Comic Book Club (they're local and I sometimes attend their tapings), and the Escapist Comics Podcast. I've mainly been listening to the former lately. Both of these feature comedians, which helps a lot because a) they're funny and b) they know how to talk and keep things moving. The hosts are also pretty knowledgeable but don't get bogged down with a ton of bullshit. Trust me, there's nothing worse than listening to an audio version of a comics message board. I try to go for "light and funny" these days.

Also the eps tend to not be too long, which is great if you subscribe to a lot of podcasts like me.
    Last edited by areacode212; 10-22-2015 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Added more flavor

While not Marvel specific, the two I listen to are the iFanboy Pick of the Week podcast and the Talking Comics podcast.

I've tried a few others but these two have kept my attention. Good luck finding some you like.

"Rachel and Miles X-Plain the X-Men" is the only Marvel podcast to which I listen. "Girls with Issues" is a general comic podcast and I love it.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...G78Yj6vb2hAFmL

^ Marvel Movie News from Popcorn Talk on Youtube (and an audio version on iTunes). They also have a DC version, which is also weekly and airs live every Thursday. Both discuss the films and TV shows mostly, but the Marvel one, specifically, often ends up talking comics towards the end of each show.

That's really all I pay attention too. I do like Variant Comics and thecomicbookcast on youtube, but those aren't really traditional podcasts.
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

This Week in Marvel and Marvel Movie News are the only two I listen to, but I have to confess to not having tried any others.

I enjoy TWIM but it's too long, and MMN can be pretty good, although the presenters can be pretty grating at times.

Quote Originally Posted by McFly76 View Post
    This Week in Marvel and Marvel Movie News are the only two I listen to, but I have to confess to not having tried any others.

I enjoy TWIM but it's too long, and MMN can be pretty good, although the presenters can be pretty grating at times.
    Definitely agree about TWIM being too long. I couldn't care less about what some random band has to say about Marvel. So I tend to just FF through segments that don't interest me.

Forgot about Rachel and Miles X-Plain the X-Men but I'm way behind on it mainly because I want to read the various storylines, then listen to their take on it. And guess what I have no time for?

www.marvel616politics.com Their podcast is only Marvel and 90% 616 continuity Marvel stuff they talk about. It's a clean podcast and family friendly.