Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Default Latest Video Game Buys

Unlike the "What are you playing" thread , this one will examine what games have you recently bought the last few weeks ? Or last few days. While its true I mostly collect comics 90% of the time , I have started buying good cheap games I wanna play. For the most part my favorite system for now seems to be the PS3 and I'm always looking for good fun games to play on it.

The last month I have bought a number of older games and here is the list of what I recently picked up.

Nintendo NES

Tecmo Bowl : This game is kinda fun for the fact it was the 1st one and had a number of teams and players names. Joe Montana is on it and he's THE MAN of course. Its kinda fun to still play and joke how there is only 4 plays to choose from.

Super Tecmo Bowl remains my all-time favorite NFL game. Yes there are achievements like Madden now which is so realistic. But Tecmo Bowl returns me to the days of being a kid.

Castlevania II : Simon's Quest : This game was always one I wanted for a number of years. It and the 1st Castlevania and Mega Man games. Of course what irks me is the price points that some want for these games. I priced Mega Man at Scarefest in Kentucky and some dude wanted ...$85 bucks for it. I was like....**** no way dude. And usually people want $10-$15 bucks for these games. It irks me....but I was happy to score this one for $2.50 .

I bought it and Tecmo Bowl for $5 bucks the other day. Both played great so It was a nice deal there.

Playstation 3

Red Dead Redemption : At the local used CD/DVD/Video game store I picked this one up and my buddy works there. He suggested I buy this game since it was priced pretty dang cheap. I thanked him for that and played it some today. His suggestion was , you love GTA games , the same studio who did those , did this one.

WWE 13 : Being a fan of CM Punk ...I bought this game a week ago. Its one of the games I wanted since it has the Attitude era involved. I can now do Austin vs Punk.

Sony All-Stars Battle Royale - I played this one with friends for a couple years. Its one of those games I always wanted to get and I shall enjoy it. My favorite character to use is Dante on the game and his sword attack. I have started beating the computer and have mused about playing online. No idea if I'll do that or not.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Undertale on Steam.

It's an amazing game and I love it, it might actually be my GOTY, and it was only for £6.99, well worth my money. The characters are amazing and endearing, the combat is very fun and clever and the story is great.

Also bought the Legend of Zelda for 99p on the eShop on Wii U, cause I already had it on the Wii, it's really fun, never finished it, I might do that now though.
    Last edited by Step; 10-23-2015 at 08:56 PM.

On PS4

Bloodborne (digitally)

Dragon quest heroes

and on Wii U,

Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water

Quote Originally Posted by Step View Post
    Also bought the Legend of Zelda for 99p on the eShop on Wii U, cause I already had it on the Wii, it's really fun, never finished it, I might do that now though.
    Are you talking about the Legend of Zelda for the Super Nintendo ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Well its time for some more Latest Video Game Buys. So what did SuperE score this past week for $17 bucks total ?

Nintendo NES

Kid Icarus - Kid Icarus is one I have always wanted to try and play. I had seen it in a magazine and on some channels , but E-Bay prices are a little too much for me to pay. Today at a flea market I scored it for $2.50.

Rolling Thunder - This one looked weird when I saw it. The company did it was called Tengen and part of Atari. The cases were different from the usual gray carts that would play on Nintendo. This is the 1st black NES game I have ever bought. In playing it , the game is a simple shooter at best.

Playstation 3

Infamous & Infamous II : I picked these up at different Game Stops yesteday. Both games were priced at Game Stops special 4 for 10 dollars special they had. I had actually got Infamous II 1st , then picked the other one up.

Assassins Creed III - I have #4 for the PS4. So I decided to try an earlier Assassins Creed for the PS3 and see how well it is.

Madden 12 - Madden games are some I love and getting them cheap is always cool. I have nearly all of them for PS3 and I think I only bought 2 of them new (Madden 2001 , Madden 13) . Its also fun to look at the covers and muse which careers the Madden cover curse hit.

Uncharted 2 : Among Thieves - My friends plays these games and have said they are pretty damn good. So I'll give Uncharted 2 a shot and see what happens.

Mass Effect 3 - After I left one place , I actually saw Mass Effect 2 . But held off getting it since I had already gotten 6 PS3 games and its gonna be a push to play the ones I got now. Let alone these.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Are you talking about the Legend of Zelda for the Super Nintendo ?
    No, on the NES.

Anyway, recently I didn't buy it but my parents bought me a PS4 bundle with Uncharted Collection, Assassin's Creed, Journey and Watch Dogs, I have absolutely no interest in Watch Dogs so I might sell that but I'm mildy interested in the rest, Journey I played and thought was really nice, I play Assassin's Creed and it's...def an Assassin's Creed game, I mean it's been a while since I played those kind of Open-World adventure games so I'm having fun, hate they got rid of so many manual controls but yeah it's fine, have yet to play Uncharted Collection, to be honest I wasn't a fan of the first one but people kept saying how Uncharted was so awesome and how the 2nd game is the best so I want to give this another go, just..not right now.

GTA5, after FINALLY having a real sale on steam. To run it at 1080p and 30 FPS I pretty much had to turn it down to 360 levels of settings but I'm just happy to play it right now. Was also eyeing up Pathologic HD (I love weird Russian horror games and this seems to be just about the weirdest), and was looking into Batman: Arkham Knight now that it's back on PC but it seems its still a hot mess and will more then likely never get fixed. Such a shame too as I really loved that series and besides MGS5 it was one of the games I was most looking forward to playing this year, now i'll likely never play it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    GTA5, after FINALLY having a real sale on steam. To run it at 1080p and 30 FPS I pretty much had to turn it down to 360 levels of settings but I'm just happy to play it right now. Was also eyeing up Pathologic HD (I love weird Russian horror games and this seems to be just about the weirdest), and was looking into Batman: Arkham Knight now that it's back on PC but it seems its still a hot mess and will more then likely never get fixed. Such a shame too as I really loved that series and besides MGS5 it was one of the games I was most looking forward to playing this year, now i'll likely never play it at all.
    I got started on Arkham Knight but with work I never went back to it this past summer. I gotta get back into it and start working on it.

For PC
    I just picked up Dragon Age Inquisition, the Batman Arkham Knight DLC with Harley Quinn and Batgirl on STEAM and also got Bloodrayne 2 on STEAM for less then a Euro in the sale and may get more but with the release of Fallout 4 and Rise of the Tomb Raider being so close I'm not sure I could afford to go crazy on a STEAM sale...though I may pick up Seven Days to Die.

For awhile I have been looking for my Nintendo 64. My system I had since launch. With moving a couple times and not playing the games for years , I believe I have lost that system. So at a small video game store where I shop for comics and all , the guy there sold me a N64. It was a good price (N64 system , controller) plus Goldeneye . I also picked up this game I believe I had lost awhile as well.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Mass Effect 2 is actually one of the "free" PS3 games you get from PS Plus this month, FWIW.

Anyhow I picked up some recent cheap video games and actual magazines. Here is the video for it folks.

I hope ya enjoy the intro for this one .

Here is my latest Video Game Finds folks....happy watching.

- Uncharted: Nathan Drake Collection:

Played the first game. Had to take a small break but gonna be starting the second game very soon.

- Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Superheroes

Had so much fun playing this especially because Wasp was a huge part of the story. Toybox is amazing and I can't wait to expand my collection.

- Disney Infinity 2.0: Ultimate Spider-Man Play Set

Haven't had much time to explore this one. Can't wait to swing around as Spidey.

- Disney Infinity 3.0: Toybox Takeover

LOVED IT! Was so much fun exploring places and battling enemies of different universes!

- Lego Marvel Superheroes

Playing it so I can prepare myself for Lego Marvel's Avengers!

- This War of Mine

Lack of tutorial or guides ingame kinda threw me off but I heard there is a new update for this so I'll check it out soon.

I filmed this one a week ago , but timed it for Christmas folks. Hope ya enjoy the nice little Christmas song interlude and you can see what I unbox for everyone.