Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
    All-New Member

I bought the original Red Dead Revolution and Wailing Heights on the X-box yesterday. Pick up the new Spider-Man today. Going to be a lazy weekend.

BANNED

Just got Shadow of the Tomb Raider in the mail box.

Still have to finish up the final level of Wolfenstein before I can get to it.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Dynasty Warriors 8
    Megaman X Legacy Collection
    Yakuza 0
    PS4
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Just bought a PSVita.

This is a amazing handheld
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

So my family are doing Secret Santa this year and the budget is £30 max, wondering which of these I should stick up as options for games?

*AC Origins
    *Grand Theft Auto V
    *Middle Earth Shadow of War Definitive Edition
    *Witcher 3 GOTY Edition
    *LA Noire
    *LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2
    *Watch Dogs 2

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I did my latest Finds a couple days ago after so many months....

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

PS Vita

Phantasy Star Online 2
    Phantasy Star Nova

Just downloaded Fortnight for my daughter. For a free game, it does look like a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Just bought a PSVita.

This is a amazing handheld
    Man, I hope you buy up as many games as you possibly can. You got maybe a year before Sony pulls the plug on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    So my family are doing Secret Santa this year and the budget is £30 max, wondering which of these I should stick up as options for games?

*AC Origins
    *Grand Theft Auto V
    *Middle Earth Shadow of War Definitive Edition
    *Witcher 3 GOTY Edition
    *LA Noire
    *LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2
    *Watch Dogs 2
    What do you lean toward?

LA Noire is a good game, but it's kind of plodding. I played it with a couple of breaks.

GTA is GTA.

AC Origins was surprisingly good, but is clearly adopting gameplay from other games (including Witcher 3). With AC games, I think the setting is a big factor.

Witcher 3 is my personal favorite among the choices, but that's personal taste and I could see someone considering GTA V or AC Origins better (I haven't played Middle Earth or LEGO).

Watch Dogs 2 is fun, but of the ones I've played, the least good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    What do you lean toward?

LA Noire is a good game, but it's kind of plodding. I played it with a couple of breaks.

GTA is GTA.

AC Origins was surprisingly good, but is clearly adopting gameplay from other games (including Witcher 3). With AC games, I think the setting is a big factor.

Witcher 3 is my personal favorite among the choices, but that's personal taste and I could see someone considering GTA V or AC Origins better (I haven't played Middle Earth or LEGO).

Watch Dogs 2 is fun, but of the ones I've played, the least good.
    Of the six I'm probably leaning towards AC Origins, GTA V and Witcher 3 since I know they're all big epic hours long games with lots to do and set me up for AC Odyssey, Red Dead 2 and Cyberpunk 2077 respectively.

My main concern with Witcher 3 is I haven't played the previous two games and I'm worried that I might get confused over the backstory since they haven't been remastered yet (if ever) but I do like Skyrim and since Witcher is getting adapted on Netflix it would be a good time to try it. So I guess if someone who hasn't played 1 and 2 can pick up 3 easily it's a definite option.

I've played GTA V before on PS3 but was still fairly early into it when I changed console, so a lot of it should still be new to me. That said I suspect Red Dead 2 is definitely going to be top of my core list for Christmas/Birthday so I debate if having both modern Rockstar games at once is wise.

AC Origins.... I LOVE historical games, and I'm actually slowly working my way through the Edizo collection I got a year or two back. I'm happy to see that AC 3 and Liberation are getting remastered so that means I have the chance to play the other games, but I like the Egypt setting of Origins and seeing how the modern games compare to the Italy ones I am still playing. Like Witcher 3 the concern is whether any new stuff since AC2 is going to be spoiled for me if I play Origins upfront - I gather 3 did finish off Desmond's story and the games have been a little more fluid with the modern day stuff since, but I figured I should check first.

I'm a big Marvel fan so LEGO Marvel 2 seems logical, though I still have to finish LEGO Force Awakens. I played LA Noire on PS3 and enjoyed it with the detective work but like GTA V never finished the game. It's probably likely to have the least content/replayability in the long run so I might skip that one.

Thanks for your help so far!

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    My main concern with Witcher 3 is I haven't played the previous two games and I'm worried that I might get confused over the backstory since they haven't been remastered yet (if ever) but I do like Skyrim and since Witcher is getting adapted on Netflix it would be a good time to try it. So I guess if someone who hasn't played 1 and 2 can pick up 3 easily it's a definite option.
    I haven't played the first two. I was able to follow it . . . but clearly there were bits of color on the palette that mean more if you've played the first two. I'm also, however, someone who reads all the in-game books and codex entries I find. The game also (at least the launch version) came with a short lore book . . . and there's plenty of summaries of the first two games available all over the internet. (The first two games are also very different from a gameplay standpoint. And honestly the first game looks unplayable by today's standards.

ACOrigins.... I LOVE historical games, and I'm actually slowly working my way through the Edizo collection I got a year or two back. I'm happy to see that AC 3 and Liberation are getting remastered so that means I have the chance to play the other games, but I like the Egypt setting of Origins and seeing how the modern games compare to the Italy ones I am still playing. Like Witcher 3 the concern is whether any new stuff since AC2 is going to be spoiled for me if I play Origins upfront - I gather 3 did finish off Desmond's story and the games have been a little more fluid with the modern day stuff since, but I figured I should check first.
    I mean, I guess there are spoilers for Desmond's story in the present day sections of Origins . . . depending on how much of he optional stuff you read. (Also depends on how much you care about that story. The modern-day setting of AC has always been an interesting idea for a framing device that was never all that interesting in the game).

I haven't played any Odyssey, and I haven't played Rogue, so with that in mind, I'd say Origins is the best game in the series, but ACII is the best Assassin's Creed game.
    Last edited by Tuck; 10-12-2018 at 05:13 PM.

I think the Animus is a cool concept since I would totally wanna see what the past is like, but like you say it probably became little more than a framing device so that you have stuff in the present day. I find the present day stuff so far interesting enough but that's probably just me. Also as a ex-history student I love that they're adding educational aspects with Origins onwards and the Discovery Tour - I would totally adore it if Ubisoft announced they were making a spinoff game where they take all the research they did for the past games and let players explore and learn about the numerous historical epochs via their own Animus or time machine or whatever.

I might try and watch some Witcher 1 and 2 gameplay or a summary video then. With what you've said I think I'll opt for GTAV, Witcher 3, AC Origins and either LEGO Marvel 2 or LA Noire then. Thanks for your advice!

Spider-man. (PS4)

Something like 40 to 50% off right now on the Playstation store.

BANNED

Just got Warhammer 40K: Inquisitor Martyr for PC on Steam but i can't play it properly on my crapy laptop... it's i5 and has an old G force graphic card... I bought the laptop something like 9 years ago. I played 5 levels and at the 5th lvl the game started to freez... my computer couldn't handle so many daemon enemies. :/ It was really fun as far as i played. It's a Diablo style game. I think it's time to get a new laptop...