Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Defenders #2 Oct 1972
    The Secret of the Silver Surfer!

Dr. Strange, Namor and Hulk travel to Asia to find out why Silver Surfer attacked Namor.

Script by Steve Englehart, pencils by Sal Buscema, inks by John Verpoorten

Man, I love those old stories, artwork and even coloring. They had such a different (and good) feel to them!

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Man, I love those old stories, artwork and even coloring. They had such a different (and good) feel to them!
    Me too, they look iconic
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Those very old issues had an air of mystery, mysticism and power to the characters, without making them feel all-powerful.

I can't explain it, but the Defenders just had a special feel that even the other wonderful books of that era lacked.

Those very old issues had an air of mystery, mysticism and power to the characters, without making them feel all-powerful.

I can't explain it, but the Defenders just had a special feel that even the other wonderful books of that era lacked.
    Damn if you say so, i might check them out

You really should, darewithpeace. I think you will really enjoy those early Classic Defenders issues.

You really should, darewithpeace. I think you will really enjoy those early Classic Defenders issues.
    Thanks phoenixx9 !

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    Thanks phoenixx9 !
    No problem, buddy!

While I like through issue 100, my very favorite is the first 20 issues. Then 20's through 70, followed by 71-100.

This very first dozen issues really got me into Valkyrie! I am Valkyrie #1 fan, lol! Later issues show the in-depth the buried Barbara Norriss personality and how that was reflected in this merged Valkyrie.

The current Defenders series by Bendis ends with issue 10.
    http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com...ade-me-sad-you

Issue #7 of Defenders this week was outstanding! But I have to say I really don't like that the team are pushing DD to reveal his identity to them. I can understand their reasoning behind it but it truthfully reads really false to me. I missed the days where superheroes respected other superheroes choice to share their identity. Luke giving Daredevil an ultimatum over did nothing more then urk my nerves. I'm not even a a big DD fan and I feel this way.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

They did the same thing to Spider-Man in New Avengers. Which was also written by Bendis. Only he did unmask in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The current Defenders series by Bendis ends with issue 10.
    http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com...ade-me-sad-you
    Well... two issues less than both the Fraction series and the Busiek/Larsen series.

Maybe when it gets relaunched, eventually, they'll give it a legacy numbering.

Hmmmm... I wonder if Marvel may take advantage of the Damnation event to relaunch it..?
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They did the same thing to Spider-Man in New Avengers. Which was also written by Bendis. Only he did unmask in the end.
    Bendis just doesn't seem to like secret identities in general.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Issue #7 of Defenders this week was outstanding! But I have to say I really don't like that the team are pushing DD to reveal his identity to them. I can understand their reasoning behind it but it truthfully reads really false to me. I missed the days where superheroes respected other superheroes choice to share their identity. Luke giving Daredevil an ultimatum over did nothing more then urk my nerves. I'm not even a a big DD fan and I feel this way.
    I enjoyed Daredevil's part in it. It is a little odd how much the other members are hounding Matt about his identity but it hasn't bothered me all that much. What bothered me most about this issue was Elektra knowing DD's identity. It's been discussed in the Daredevil Appreciation thread, and people have different opinions, but to me it was firmly established by Soule in the DD solo that everyone except Foggy is unaware who DD is. Even the arc that featured Elektra, by its end, she still didn't know. I feel like that's something that shouldn't happen off panel. But this is still Bendisworld after all I guess.

Also, not that big of a fan of how he wrote Deadpool, but it wasn't the worst iteration either.

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    Me too, they look iconic
    Who knew Hulk was such a racist