Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by !Pharozonk! View Post
    I loved the New Defenders run where Angel, Iceman, and Beast joined the team. It's why I love those three characters so much.
    Interesting. That was near the end of the run, and I don't recall much of it.

Quote Originally Posted by !Pharozonk! View Post
    Yegads, Secret Defenders from the 90's was terrible.
    I have heard the opinion expressed before, but I haven't actually read that run. However, I wanted to include ALL the Defenders books.

I wonder if we'll get a Defenders book based off the Netflix series

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil is Legend View Post
    I wonder if we'll get a Defenders book based off the Netflix series
    I would say that's a fairly safe bet. Though, I'm of the opinion that a Defenders book really needs Dr. Strange in it and have a certain ... odd vibe, that I don't see with the Netflix Defenders. They really sound more like a Hero For Hire team to me.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Thank you! I'll need to update the links, as all the forum thread links won't work anymore.

I'm betting we'll get another Defenders book when the Netflix Defenders comes out. Though I have a hard time considering that line up the Defenders without Dr. Strange.
    You're probably right > next Defenders run. I agree 100% if there's no Doctor Strange, it's tough for me to see the Netflix crew as the Defenders too.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

I actually think Marvel Knights would be a much more appropriate and sellable title for the TV proprieties.

Peace

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    You're probably right > next Defenders run. I agree 100% if there's no Doctor Strange, it's tough for me to see the Netflix crew as the Defenders too.
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed that SOMEONE will realize they are losing a perfectly good franchise name, and go with another name.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I actually think Marvel Knights would be a much more appropriate and sellable title for the TV proprieties.

Peace
    I could go for Marvel Knights, also. Though H4H works well ... you could even have Murdock hiring them to help out in some cases. Wait. Is the Punisher one of the TV shows?

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that SOMEONE will realize they are losing a perfectly good franchise name, and go with another name.
    Exactly.

I could go for Marvel Knights, also. Though H4H works well ... you could even have Murdock hiring them to help out in some cases. Wait. Is the Punisher one of the TV shows?
    Punisher is not one of the shows > yet, but when I heard about the Netflix news, I also thought Marvel Knights and/or Heroes for Hire immediately. Marvel Knights make so much more sense (there's no mistaking where the characters are from) and, too, some of these characters are modern knights.

But... I digress.

Since Marvel is pushing so much the Avengers franchise i can see the Defenders ( and the invaders ) as a sub-team. Imagine Cap talking to Tony: Yes i think we should send the Defenders.

Almost 75% of the defenders are also members of the Avengers.

http://marvel-microheroes.wikia.com/...gory:Defenders

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by joebleau View Post
    Since Marvel is pushing so much the Avengers franchise i can see the Defenders ( and the invaders ) as a sub-team. Imagine Cap talking to Tony: Yes i think we should send the Defenders.

Almost 75% of the defenders are also members of the Avengers.

http://marvel-microheroes.wikia.com/...gory:Defenders
    Holy cow! Did you make those micro heroes? I love them! Can I put them in the intro posts? I was using the ones I found here: http://micro-heroescompendium.blogsp...defenders.html

I've got to post this for the Fearless Defenders fans.

I seriously doubt the Defenders see themselves as a sub-team of anyone. Dr. Strange can barely get the team to work together as it is.

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

The original Defenders in the first 10 issues were the Mightiest, strongest, most powerful team of ALL time!

Holy cow! Did you make those micro heroes? I love them! Can I put them in the intro posts? I was using the ones I found here: http://micro-heroescompendium.blogsp...defenders.html

I seriously doubt the Defenders see themselves as a sub-team of anyone. Dr. Strange can barely get the team to work together as it is.

I remember that > poor Stephen. For him to say shut up is pretty bad. And thanks for posting the link to the micro heroes. Those are so much fun and I had no idea that Moon Knight and Man Thing were once a part of this non-team (they make perfect sense though.)

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post

Peace
    I agree but I guess using Defenders allows for a new launching pad for other characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Girl 94 View Post
    The original Defenders in the first 10 issues were the Mightiest, strongest, most powerful team of ALL time!
    A team of all Defenders wipes the floor with any other team.

I would say that's a fairly safe bet. Though, I'm of the opinion that a Defenders book really needs Dr. Strange in it and have a certain ... odd vibe, that I don't see with the Netflix Defenders. They really sound more like a Hero For Hire team to me.
    The whole for hire wording undercuts the superhero expectations for non readers. Marvel knights would work and given readers seem to have given up on the old versions I would rather the name be reinvented for this purpose than just left on a shelf. If it works I can see Moonknight joining before long maybe even Nighthawk.

I've got to post this for the Fearless Defenders fans.

The micros were made by the community. Dozens of creators made thousand of them. and Dont worry we like to share them

Yeah i understand that but the way Marvel is pushing only the avengers and X-men books it could be the only way to have the defenders back :S